Humor for the day!!!!

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Jimmy Carter: Gore
beat Bush in 2000
Says 'no doubt' Al won, 'country failed abysmally' in election process

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted: September 23, 2005
1:00 a.m. Eastern

By Joe Kovacs
© 2005 WorldNetDaily.com

Jimmy Carter at American University in Washington, D.C.

Five years after the controversial 2000 presidential election, ex-President Jimmy Carter now says he's certain Al Gore defeated George W. Bush.

"Well I would say that in the year 2000, the country failed abysmally in the presidential election process," Carter told a panel Monday at American University in Washington, D.C. "There's no doubt in my mind that Al Gore was elected president."

Those in attendance broke out in applause for that statement.

"[Gore] received the most votes nationwide, and in my opinion, he also received the most votes in Florida," Carter continued. "And the decision was made as you know by a 5-4 vote on a highly partisan basis by the U.S. Supreme Court, so I would say in 2000, there was a failure."

The year 2000 saw the closest presidential election in American history, as Bush won the electoral vote 271-266, despite losing the popular vote to Gore by a half-million votes.

Carter's analysis went on to include last year's matchup between Bush and Democrat Sen. John Kerry, as the election came down to a battle over the electoral votes in Ohio.

"The year 2004 is hard to grade," said Carter. "I don't have any detailed information about what actually went on in Ohio. If Ohio had gone one way or the other, it would have changed the outcome of the election. And the only thing that I know about Ohio, was that there's general consensus that the secretary of state of Ohio, who is responsible for the administration of the election, was highly partisan in his public approach and perhaps even in his private adminstration. But I don't know about that."

Carter's remarks are sparking discussion on messageboards across the Internet, with comments including:

"Well duh! I'm just glad someone finally said it out loud, and that it was someone prominent (former president, Nobel Peace Prize winner). ... I wonder if this will make it to mainstream media?"

"Carter for president. Just what America needs right now to restore some semblance of dignity to the presidency. I believe if he ran he would actually win. There is a tremendous undercurrent of sentiment for change in America and the populace will speak loud and clearly in '08 if given a choice such as Carter."

"At last, proof that Jimmeh Cahtuh is a delusional fool and need not be taken seriously ever again."

"All 67 Florida counties recounted – the law under Florida's Constitution – just not multiple times so Democrat election workers and their army of lawyers and press accomplices could not eat enough chads, create enough votes, spin enough lies, call the election early enough in the Panhandle, rally enough protestors behind Jesse Jackson, disenfranchise enough absentee military ballots to steal the election. Florida voters were so 'outraged' by Election 2000, they elected Jeb Bush and Katherine Harris, and sent Bob Butterworth, Al Gore's Florida 2000 campaign manager packing, in 2002."

"I am a liberal. That said, Gore lost! He got his a-- kicked. How do I know? Because Bush is the one sitting in the White House. ... [Gore] may have won the count, but when it came to the real fight, he turned around, bent over, and said, 'Give it to me.' Such is the way of the modern Democrat. ... [Ted Kennedy] and [Bill] Clinton were the last real Democrats. And, yes, Clinton was a real Democrat. Not a crazy, hippie-type, but a real working man's man. And he loved a good [expletive] from a stupid young intern. Those were the days."

"Carter for president. Just what America needs right now to restore some semblance of dignity to the presidency. I believe if he ran he would actually win. There is a tremendous undercurrent of sentiment for change in America and the populace will speak loud and clearly in '08 if given a choice such as Carter."

That is scary.

Seriously though I can't figure out Democrats.

"[Gore] received the most votes nationwide, and in my opinion, he also received the most votes in Florida," Carter continued. "And the decision was made as you know by a 5-4 vote on a highly partisan basis by the U.S. Supreme Court, so I would say in 2000, there was a failure."

This is the perfect example of why Carter got his ass kicked in 80. "in my opinion?" Hello you freaking fruitcake. Election results arent based on your opinion. They are based on counting the votes. The State of Florida counted the votes four freaking times. Each time President Bush won. Even the media recount after the election was certified showed that President Bush was the winner. At no point in time did Al Gore ever have the lead.

Of course that doesn't matter to Carter. Carter doesn't given a crap about elections, we can tell that from his support of Castro. Carter just wants his word to be truth. The problem with that is Carter is an idiot.

George Bush beat Al Gore in 2000.

He won the election 5-4.

Max Power said:

He won the election 5-4.

This is the problem with you Bush haters. you aren't based on reality. President Bush would have won regardless of what the Supreme Court said. You see President Bush won all the counts. There was not one single recount that Al Gore one. Even the ones done by the liberal groups after the endless and illegal recounting was put to an end was for President Bush.

Get over it.

Max Power said:

He won the election 5-4.

In your own mind. Even the NY Times count came out in favor of Bush. USA Today had the definitive article.

You see President Bush won all the counts. There was not one single recount that Al Gore one. Even the ones done by the liberal groups after the endless and illegal recounting was put to an end was for President Bush.

The fun thing about people who use words like "all," and "not one single recount," is that they're setting themselves up as a strawman to be defeated.

I only have to fine ONE instance of a study that found that Gore would have one to prove you wrong.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A12623-2001Nov11.html
the study also found that whether dimples are counted or a more restrictive standard is used, a statewide tally favored Gore by 60 to 171 votes

And, yes, I'm aware of what's in the rest of the article, but all I need is one instance to prove you wrong.

Have a nice day.

Kathianne said:
In your own mind. Even the NY Times count came out in favor of Bush. USA Today had the definitive article.

Yes, that Supreme Court decision happened "in my mind."
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

max said:
And, yes, I'm aware of what's in the rest of the article, but all I need is one instance to prove you wrong.
Not nearly as clever a Proud Democrat, though keep trying.

Max:

Re: Standards -

According to Florida law, a voter, entering the booth, implies that he/she is able to,

1.) read and understand English,

2.) physically operate whichever voting apparatus is being employed, and,

3.) appreciate the gravity of the act of voting.

Justice Sandra Day O'Connor:

"If we're trying to determine standards, how about THE INSTRUCTIONS ON THE BALLOT, FOR HEAVEN'S SAKE??!!"

On another note: If you want to post an image, you can right click on the image you want to post to and drag it down to "properties", then copy the URL. Then use the
tags "or click the insert image button. Then you get the real image in the post, not just a tiny thimbnail.

As for Jimmeh Holy-Shit-A-Rabbit Cahduh, he was the unoquivicable worst president in American history. If he had just supported the Shah, we seriosuly wouldn't have half the major problems we have now. But then he just had to go for it all and make the US look like an impotent dead has-been with the hostage crisis.

So who really gives a damn what he thinks?

I'm just thankful he got booted after one term. I am convinced that we would not be a superpower today if he had another four years at the reigns.

Thanks theim, I tried and tried to put that map in the post where it belonged, but couldn't figure it out. I'll try your hint next time.

To the Max Power's, The Dem's tried to get it close, what with all the double voting, the felon's voting and of course let's not forget the dead people. They still couldn't pull it off.... :laugh:

Forum List

Back