Hummus!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Any fans?

Which is your favorite kind?

I'm eating the Roasted Garlic right now with some Parmsan&Herb Pita Chips-HEAVEN~

I do like some Hummus.

True story: In college some of my friends and I liked to host themed dinners. One particular one was Greek night. So, one of my gal roomys thought she'd make some Hummus. long story short, the recipe called for 6 CLOVES of garlic. As I was walking up the stairs into a wall of garlicky funk I asked her what the hell she did wrong with the recipe. I tasted what she had been blending and it almost knocked me over. Turns out, she thought a clove was a bulb. We had to throw out the blender.

I do like some Hummus.

True story: In college some of my friends and I liked to host themed dinners. One particular one was Greek night. So, one of my gal roomys thought she'd make some Hummus. long story short, the recipe called for 6 CLOVES of garlic. As I was walking up the stairs into a wall of garlicky funk I asked her what the hell she did wrong with the recipe. I tasted what she had been blending and it almost knocked me over. Turns out, she thought a clove was a bulb. We had to throw out the blender.

Now that's funny! I take it you didn't let her be the main cook? :lol:

Hummus, lots of virgin olive oil, pita bread, dark olives of some kind or the other and raw onion.

Yeah, throw in various cheeses and a decent beer now and again, and I could pretty much live on that.

I make it myself often. Here's something to try - after you put in the tahini, chick peas, lemon juice, and spices according to your own tastes, begin adding small amounts of unflavored yogurt or kefir and blend it up until you get a creamier mixture than usual.

Guy who owns a middle-eastern restaurant taught me that. It's excellent.

Sounds good. I'm going to try it next time I make hummus

I'll skip the olive oil in that case though.

I make it myself often. Here's something to try - after you put in the tahini, chick peas, lemon juice, and spices according to your own tastes, begin adding small amounts of unflavored yogurt or kefir and blend it up until you get a creamier mixture than usual.

Guy who owns a middle-eastern restaurant taught me that. It's excellent.

Making your own is very easy. I use a food processor. My favorite is with roasted red peppers. Excellent diet food since we only end up eating it with carrots and celery.

Can you O D on hummus? It's all I've eaten this weekend.........just bought more at the store..............:redface:

Any fans?

Which is your favorite kind?

I'm eating the Roasted Garlic right now with some Parmsan&Herb Pita Chips-HEAVEN~

I won't eat the stuff but I have used it to fix the crack in my patio.

Hummus is good! I have only had greek food a few times but I did really like the hummus. I don't think there are very many greek restaurants where i live.

Forum List

Back