Humilty

dilloduck

Diamond Member
May 8, 2004
Austin, TX
Do you think that the spiritual encouragement to be humble prevents moderate Christians from standing up for their beliefs in the public arena or do they just think that God will solve everything so all that's needed is prayer?

dilloduck said:
Do you think that the spiritual encouragement to be humble prevents moderate Christians from standing up for their beliefs in the public arena or do they just think that God will solve everything so all that's needed is prayer?

I think it stems not from humility, but from apathy. :(

dilloduck said:
That dismays me for some reason---I thought better of them.

I know what you mean.

My apathy towards society grows each month...each year, as I see Christian Ideals and absolute truths muddied with liberalism/secularism/evil. I see Christians portrayed on the evening news as hysterical screaming idiots - when was the last time a christian character in a movie was much more than a nut-job bafoon? I see our kids being poisoned with lies, re-named as truths, and I see the truth being thrown out because an evil person was 'offended' by their sin.

I sit home and pray, come quickly Lord Jesus...

-=d=- said:
I know what you mean.

My apathy towards society grows each month...each year, as I see Christian Ideals and absolute truths muddied with liberalism/secularism/evil. I see Christians portrayed on the evening news as hysterical screaming idiots - when was the last time a christian character in a movie was much more than a nut-job bafoon? I see our kids being poisoned with lies, re-named as truths, and I see the truth being thrown out because an evil person was 'offended' by their sin.

I sit home and pray, come quickly Lord Jesus...

maybe his answer has been there all along----GET OFF YOUR ASSES

dilloduck said:

I think many Christians are not confident in their/God's abilities to change people. Being humble does not mean being silent.

gop_jeff said:
I think many Christians are not confident in their/God's abilities to change people. Being humble does not mean being silent.

But don't they feel a need to protect their religious freedoms or is this a refusal to assimilate into the law of man?----I'm afraid a lot of em think that humble DOES mean keepin quiet. If so many Christians lack this confidence then I would say there is a crisis of faith in the religion.

dilloduck said:
But don't they feel a need to protect their religious freedoms or is this a refusal to assimilate into the law of man?----I'm afraid a lot of em think that humble DOES mean keepin quiet. If so many Christians lack this confidence then I would say there is a crisis of faith in the religion.

Could be fear, could be ignorance, could be a lack of faith... could be that they don't want to be associated with people they deem to be "fundies."

Forum List

Back