Humans to download their souls onto microchips so they can ‘live forever’

Even if was possible to download your memories and personality into a microchip, and transfer those memories and personality into another human body, the resulting creation would not be YOU, it would be a copy of you.

And this copy would NOT have your soul.

The original YOU would still be in your original body.

Sounds like the premise of the Netflix show Altered Carbon. Which showed the technology used in a horrifying way and rendered humans to be even less caring of life.
At this point we can't explain sentience or understand how our brain and conscience even work to lead to what we describe as self awareness.

What is a conspiracy theory doing in religion?
I could have put it in Science/Technology or Religion/Ethics, but it is not a Conspiracy Theory, it's based on an actual news story and I have provided a link.

What is a conspiracy theory doing in religion?
I could have put it in Science/Technology or Religion/Ethics, but it is not a Conspiracy Theory, it's based on an actual news story and I have provided a link.

It's based on a TV show. Just because a conspiracy theory nut wrote an article on the internet doesn't mean it's real.

CNN is reporting that someone described as a long haired hippie in sandals and wearing a long robe was seen running down the street yelling something about being out of a job.

Humans to download their SOULS onto microchips so they can ‘live FOREVER’

Scientists obviously misunderstand what a human soul is if they think it is a physical thing that can be stored in a microchip.

I've seen this nonsensical idea promulgated in fictional science fiction, but is pretty weird to think that real scientists are so ignorant.

"Scientists" misunderstand? The article quotes a single technology businessman about the idea of people downloading their personalities onto chips. I find it funny the way you expand a single tech entrepreneur's speculation to mean scientists. :lol:

Science fiction can be amusing sometimes.

But it does show a fundamental misunderstanding of what the soul is

Forum List

Back