Human Sacrifice

The children sacrificed for oil are actual people present, alive and active. There is no debate about their status.
Abortion is another issue and has nothing to do with this question.

You're just babbling now, trying to establish yourself as some sort of superior moral authority, and failing; that's normal for sociopaths who don't really have any moral sensibility and can't fake it well. You can't pretend your silly conflations of 'human sacrifice' isn't the same I used for your abortion fetish and your craving for lots of dead babies.

I don’t even understand how you were able to jump to this from this conversation. It’s amazing how people can twist a subject to be about what they want. I believe the term in the rules here is “thread hijacking”

Please stay on subject or leave. There are plenty of abortion threads you can go crazy in. This has nothing to do with that.

But abortion is akin to human sacrifice for the reasons I listed.

You apparently only want to talk about human sacrifice when mentioning the name of God.

My bad.

The fact that you can’t understand the difference between religious sacrifice and splashing blood on the alter in order for a deity to forgive you and a medical procedure is beyond me. I can’t compare the two because they don’t even meet on the same playing field

When has anyone ever said “I need to have an abortion so that god will forgive mankind of sin”?

The two are drastically not related
Moving on

But the Bible never uses human blood to forgive sins EXCEPT from God in the flesh himself.

As for animal sacrifice, it is said that the life is in the blood, and sin brings death. Therefore, it was a good learning tool for man to help him understand this through animal sacrifice, as well as making man understand that humans were not animals. In short, sin brings death and destruction and animal sacrifice drive home this point. Also, there is a difference between humanity and the animal kingdom, a difference that often gets blurred for those devoid of faith in a God who made mankind in his own image, and therefore of higher value.

For those who don't believe in a God, you are left with the notion that mankind is nothing more than a glorified animals. There are then two trains of thought with this type of thinking. You can either believe that all animals should have the rights humans do or you believe that humans should be treated like animals.

Which do you fall under? I suppose you could believe that humans are superior cuz you really like yourself and, therefore, are so much better.

This isn’t what I’m talking about. I’m not getting upset over the fate of the animals. I’m looking at this from a comparative religion point and the inclusion of this practice in that religion.

It’s amazing how people can twist a subject to be about what they want.
Correct. Which you are guilty of yourself, since you seem to be offended at my opinion and made it all about you.

I apologize. I took what you said as being directed at me since the reply included my direct quote. It also seemed you were saying I wouldn’t get any answers because of how you perceived i viewed religious people. If you wish to help me understand what you meant I’m happy to listen m.

It’s amazing how people can twist a subject to be about what they want.
Correct. Which you are guilty of yourself, since you seem to be offended at my opinion and made it all about you.

I apologize. I took what you said as being directed at me since the reply included my direct quote. It also seemed you were saying I wouldn’t get any answers because of how you perceived i viewed religious people. If you wish to help me understand what you meant I’m happy to listen m.
I already explained I was giving my opinion only. I guess one could call it "in general"..not specifically to you yourself.
I quoted you because I was addressing your original post on the topic.

And furthermore....I am a big animal lover. So any religion that insists an innocent animal be killed is NOT something I am ok with just to appease a bloodthirsty god. Nope.

And furthermore....I am a big animal lover. So any religion that insists an innocent animal be killed is NOT something I am ok with just to appease a bloodthirsty god. Nope.

I apologize for taking your response aggressively. In my defense, I think most of the responses given on this site are meant with the intention to be combative :21:

I absolutely respect your stance on that. A lot of the answers here are suggestion these sacrifices are “symbolic of the culture”. But what I don’t understand is isn’t the god the one who designs and creates the culture? If god didn’t make the culture, where did it come from?

god made us.jpg

Petty I really don't know what to say. This means a lot to me.

I apologize for taking your response aggressively. In my defense, I think most of the responses given on this site are meant with the intention to be combative :21:

I absolutely respect your stance on that. A lot of the answers here are suggestion these sacrifices are “symbolic of the culture”. But what I don’t understand is isn’t the god the one who designs and creates the culture? If god didn’t make the culture, where did it come from?
From the morons who THINK they know what God wants. :)

Yes, it can be combative in here at USMB, but they are really good people. Just very strong opinions.:D

I've read that American Indians thanked the animal they killed for feeding them and ate the liver and heart raw believing it made them more animal like in strength- what I can't figure is why the omnipresent never made it to the west to inform Indians they were wrong in their beliefs but instead relied on a bunch of arrogant idiots calling themselves special (Manifest Destiny) to savagely destroy those who didn't believe they way they did and had the audacity to call Indians savages. I wonder how many of the arrogant idiots ever thanked a cow or pig or bear they butchered for feeding them?

Agreed. I've wondered why the all-knowing Creator just concentrated on Romans and Jews in the Middle East, when a huge portion of humans lived all around the world, many in civilizations like China and India that were thousands of years old. No universal message from a being capable of throwing lightening bolts and making the sun stand still?

P.S. I loved the scene in Dances with Wolves when Wind In His Hair offers Dunbar the freshly-killed buffalo's heart so he could take the first bite.

I’m sorry, I was referring to Jesus. He was sent to die for our sins. I believed that to be the saving point for Christians. It wasn’t until Jesus gave his life that Christianity was born.

Christianity wasn't born when Jesus was crucified. It was born when Jesus came back from the dead, and hung around for 40 days in full view. Lots of "Messiahs" were put to death. Only one came back.
Jesus wasn't a part of God. He was God. Emanuel=God with us.
Sin is a blood issue, passed on from Adam to the rest of us. A pure blood transfusion was necessary to replace our sin infected blood.
Hence, God trumped Satan, who thought he had us all. Those who accept Jesus as their redeemer, enter heaven under Christ's unblemished record instead of our own.
God wins. We win.

Christians are very attached to their words concerning the "Tri-une" arrangement of thinking about 'God'. Saying Jesus is 'God' runs against such a position. People have been known to burn for being too vehement in their expressions of such thought.
Of course, nothing like that could happen in today's civilized world.
Still, the Trinity has always posed a big challenge both to believers and others.
It takes a lot of objectivity and a lot of suspension of one's past 'beliefs' (read, ideas received from those with authority over us in our youth) to re-approach the subject.
It can be looked at as a comprehensible metaphor about the universe, even at the level of contemporary quantum physics.
What we call reality could be broken into three categories.
There is all that exists, meaning all that we call material as well as all the laws of physics that have always been present. This would include the coming into time of time itself.
Then, there are all the possible variations of how the presently existing universe turns into the universe we find a second later, etc.
Then, there is the deciding point, the cross roads of what is and what it becomes.
Everyone recognizes 'luck', 'chance', random occurrence. But, all these are merely nouns placed on subjects and things we really don't understand. We all see patterns happening before us in life, but what makes life go the directions it does?
Put in its simplest terms, what decides if Schrodinger's cat is alive or dead?
A person looking to see. If no one ever looks, then it makes no difference whether the cat is dead or not.
It is just as easy to see it as that difference happens when observation is effected.
That is the crux of the matter, if you will.
All meant only as metaphor, mind you!

Forum List

Back