Human rights group from Israel urges United Nations to end “occupation of Palestine”

nicoleivy5

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2016
Human rights group from Israel urges United Nations to end “occupation of Palestine” - Full story
"An Israeli human rights group urged the UN Security Council to take decisive action now to end the country's occupation of Palestinian territory.

Hagai El-Ad, executive director of B'Tselem, told an informal council meeting Friday on “Illegal Israeli Settlements: Obstacles to Peace and the Two-State Solution” that Israel has controlled Palestinian lives in Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem for the past 49 years “and counting”.
israel.jpg

Human rights group from Israel urges United Nations to end “occupation of Palestine” - Full story
"An Israeli human rights group urged the UN Security Council to take decisive action now to end the country's occupation of Palestinian territory.

Hagai El-Ad, executive director of B'Tselem, told an informal council meeting Friday on “Illegal Israeli Settlements: Obstacles to Peace and the Two-State Solution” that Israel has controlled Palestinian lives in Gaza, the West Bank and East Jerusalem for the past 49 years “and counting”.
israel.jpg

And you do know that it is all Jewish land under international law dont you

It would be silly for Israel to give up territory it needs for security without an end-of-conflict agreement.

israel.jpg

"Hagai El-Ad, executive director of B'Tselem, told an informal council meeting Friday on “Illegal Israeli Settlements: Obstacles to Peace..."

Sorry "Hag.."

terrorists are the only "obstacle(s)" -- the "elected officials of the palestinian government" - (yeah, pfshankmore, i laugh at it...."government" - i.e, terrorists.

i just loooove how you try and make them sound like they're some aristocrats - and NOT a bunch of vile terrorists.

Ghouls.....

Shusha, et al,

In the end, the Israelis will have to do the analysis and come-up with their risk assessment.

It would be silly for Israel to give up territory it needs for security without an end-of-conflict agreement.
(COMMENT)

The Israelis will have to have a plan of some sort, for the relocation plan. An employment and subsistence program. And infrastructure capability to handle the influx (gas, electric, water and sewer), transportation and commercial support.

Not only is there the security, but the security will be compounded by those Disaffected Area "C" Settlers which invariably surface.

Most Respectfully,
R

• Banned
Shusha, et al,

In the end, the Israelis will have to do the analysis and come-up with their risk assessment.

(COMMENT)

The Israelis will have to have a plan of some sort, for the relocation plan. An employment and subsistence program. And infrastructure capability to handle the influx (gas, electric, water and sewer), transportation and commercial support.

Not only is there the security, but the security will be compounded by those Disaffected Area "C" Settlers which invariably surface.

Most Respectfully,
R
agreed man

• Banned

israel.jpg
so many wars and conflicts

israel.jpg
so many wars and conflicts

And all started by the nazi's of what ever flavour you like.

docmauser1, et al,

I do have to laugh (every now and then) on the good intentions of the various Human Rights Activist Organizations.

This, of course, is one of those touchy internal domestic debates for the Israelis to workout. The fact that domestic NGO's on Human Rights are raising the dialog and talking about the subject, is not something that should be criticized. It is actually a healthy sign of representative government.

In fact, I am quite surprised that the pro-Palestinians could present these events in a adverse or negative light. They are the cost of doing business in a Republic.

Human rights group from Israel urges United Nations to end “occupation of Palestine”
Indeed, about time the UN finds itself another occupation.
(COMMENT)

I understand that it is exceedingly difficult to speak about these issues and events --- totally absent of unnecessary emotions; but, that is the only way to get the issues out on the table. The expression of these opposing views should not include tactics that attempt to delegitimize the organizations or its leadership. Only the perspectives and the salient points of the opposition should be challenged.

Most Respectfully,
R

docmauser1, et al,

I do have to laugh (every now and then) on the good intentions of the various Human Rights Activist Organizations.

This, of course, is one of those touchy internal domestic debates for the Israelis to workout. The fact that domestic NGO's on Human Rights are raising the dialog and talking about the subject, is not something that should be criticized. It is actually a healthy sign of representative government.

In fact, I am quite surprised that the pro-Palestinians could present these events in a adverse or negative light. They are the cost of doing business in a Republic.

(COMMENT)

I understand that it is exceedingly difficult to speak about these issues and events --- totally absent of unnecessary emotions; but, that is the only way to get the issues out on the table. The expression of these opposing views should not include tactics that attempt to delegitimize the organizations or its leadership. Only the perspectives and the salient points of the opposition should be challenged.
Most Respectfully,
R
Obsessivity is a sign of an impaired mental health - the UN should "get out" more.

docmauser1, et al,

(COMMENT)

Most Respectfully,
R
Obsessivity is a sign of an impaired mental health - the UN should "get out" more.
real talk

Liberalism is a mental disorder that is not exclusive to the US.

They have the same nutjobs in Israel too. It's part of being a democracy.

Forum List

Back