Human rights don't deserve a sub-forum?

Human rights -topics seem to be posted all over the place, mostly to current events and law and justice if US and otherwise into foreign country topics. But being a universal right for all, shouldn't it have it's own?

The kinda tricky part is the "universal" part of that. Certainly our Declaration of Independence invoked Natural Rights, but all that has been lost in 200+ years of SupCt interpretations. And the UN view of "universal" rights is not in agreement with most America views on the subject.

So there IS a domestic/foreign difference. To IMPOSE our view of "universal human rights" on a Middle East country for example is a form of cultural, moral Imperialism. All of THAT -- is a debate for the Religion and Ethics forum I suppose..
And how does America's view of human rights contradict the UN's views?

You ever read the UN Declaration on Human Rights? It a toothless exercise in expressing ALL RIGHTS -- while sinisterly reserving ALL OTHER POWERS to the State. And a lot of the rights expressed -- conflict or NEGLECT some that Americans have preserved and protected. Go read it -- and then ask the question..

Human rights -topics seem to be posted all over the place, mostly to current events and law and justice if US and otherwise into foreign country topics. But being a universal right for all, shouldn't it have it's own?

The kinda tricky part is the "universal" part of that. Certainly our Declaration of Independence invoked Natural Rights, but all that has been lost in 200+ years of SupCt interpretations. And the UN view of "universal" rights is not in agreement with most America views on the subject.

So there IS a domestic/foreign difference. To IMPOSE our view of "universal human rights" on a Middle East country for example is a form of cultural, moral Imperialism. All of THAT -- is a debate for the Religion and Ethics forum I suppose..

You ever read the UN Declaration on Human Rights? It a toothless exercise in expressing ALL RIGHTS -- while sinisterly reserving ALL OTHER POWERS to the State. And a lot of the rights expressed -- conflict or NEGLECT some that Americans have preserved and protected. Go read it -- and then ask the question..
I've read it and am still clueless to why be so upset. Perfectly reasonable.

I've read it and am still clueless to why be so upset. Perfectly reasonable.

Go post it in Law and Justice or General Global and have folks EXPLAIN the issues to you then.. Not gonna do it here.

But I WILL tease you into reading much closer with this ONE criticism of relying on ANY ONE standard of HumRights.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-nuze/2005/oct/07/2005-10-07/

The document says that it represents "a common standard of achievement for all peoples and all nations." Does the UN Declaration of Human Rights protect free speech? Freedom of the press? Well ... in a word, yes it does. Article 19 says that everyone has a right to freedom of opinion and expression. So far so good. The declaration also says that everyone has a right to rest and leisure and a right to a standard of living. Interesting. It also says that all mothers and children are entitled to "special care and assistance."

Problematic, to say the least. But, let's cut to the chase. Let's go to Article 29 Paragraph 3. "These rights and freedoms may in no case be exercised contrary to the purposes and principles of the United Nations."

Do you need to read that again? Please do. It's critical. This one clause negates every single right recognized in this so-called "Universal Declaration of Human Rights." You have no freedom of speech. You have no freedom of expression. You have no right to own property. You have no right to your precious standard of living ... you have nothing ... not one thing if your exercise of those rights interfere with the goals of the United Nations.

From now on anyone without an avatar is going onto my ignore list.

Does anyone care if you put them on ignore? I don't think so darling :smoke:

upload_2017-4-3_21-44-59.jpeg

Ooh! Ooh! I like being put on ignore. You don't even have to worry about what my avatar looks like. Do me! Do me!

*****CHUCKLE*****

:desk::desk::desk:

Haha. Good one. Humans have rights. And I suppose animals do, too, huh?

Of course animals have rights.

Also Anchovies have rights....I demand an Anchovies Have Rights Sub-Forum....NOW :smoke: :popcorn:

View attachment 119975

Bruce_T_Laney will I'm sure support me in this....mission :popcorn: :poke:
Animals do have rights. For one, EVERY creature had the right of self defense. Walk up and poke a bear and you'll see him enforcing that right. It's a part of Natural Law.

Forum List

Back