Human Race: Reasonable-Destructive?

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
When looking at the history of how humans relate to one another as groups is it possible to think of the human race as anything but unreasonable and destructive in the extreme?

Just because some are does not mean we all are.

You can tell by how conscious someone is by how destructive they are.

Conscious - "aware"

Some people might argue that the destructive ones do not care, this shows very little of them are not concious of their actions.

Conscious - "aware"

Some people might argue that the destructive ones do not care, this shows very little of them are not concious of their actions.

you are speaking of individuals and here I would agree with you on many things, but

...as a race, what do you see in store for humanity and is it worth saving??

In fact, the caring individual who puts others ahead of him/her self is more the exception then the rule. Our history as a species proves that we are pretty much in it for ourselves.

I don't think there has been a time in the history of our world where mankind has not had a war of some sort going somewhere on this planet.

Having said all that, it goes without saying that there is a huge capacity within our species to act and be, noble.

Conscious - "aware"

you are speaking of individuals and here I would agree with you on many things, but

...as a race, what do you see in store for humanity and is it worth saving??

I absolutely think the human race is worth saving I just think that the entire world needs to reevaulate what we are doing and have a mission statement so we know where we are going and what it means.

The secrect struggle for power right now is what is ruining the people and their additudes toward one another.

It's plain and simple fact that this place harbors envy because of the have and have nots. The sperate class system that we are using is the root of the issue.

I've stepped into the Twilight Zone. I will now step out, as is my perogative.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkz2OPDpj64]YouTube - My Prerogative - Bobby Brown[/ame]

Note that "perogative" is spelled wrong.

And what's up with the spaceman suit?

My sister still curses for creating robot costumes for my kids one halloween when she had to take them trick-or-treating because I was working. They were cardboard boxes, spray painted with gold paint, with gadgets on them...every tiem the kids got in and out of the Bronco she had to remove the boxes.

Their arms and legs were duct-taped. The costumes looked great, but she's still pissed. this video brings it all back.

When looking at the history of how humans relate to one another as groups is it possible to think of the human race as anything but unreasonable and destructive in the extreme?

Yes, I do.

The human race is a whole lot of things besides unreasonable and destructive to the extreme.

We also reasoning and constructive to the extreme.

The Dodo wasn't unreasonable and it wasn't destructive.

How'd that work out for them?

Yes, I do.

The human race is a whole lot of things besides unreasonable and destructive to the extreme.

I was never asked about saving the dodo so excuse me for neglecting your family roots.

The human race may be reasonable and constructive, but do these traits outweigh the negative ones I mentioned? How many wars are going on now over silly things like religion and old fights generations ago? How many millions will be slaughtered alone in this century and for what? Will we keep destroying the planet at the current rate or do you have hope that mankind will act what is irrational for themselves and become keeps of the blue planet?

Yes, I do.

The Dodo was hunted into extinction by unreasonable and destructive human beings.

We're pretty much screwed as a species.

Yes, I do.

The Dodo was hunted into extinction by unreasonable and destructive human beings.

We're pretty much screwed as a species.

glad I won't be around to see the end. :eusa_whistle:

Everyone looks at large scale insanity and thinks its the norm. Little people live out noble lives every day (ok, some little people are scumbags too, but they are the few, rather than the many, and they don't have the power or do-re-mi for the big stage), and nobody pays attention. Every once in a while a Saladin, or a King, or a Kennedy (nobody's perfect, people) or a Gandhi, or a Christ comes along (I'm sure I've left some out, the omission was not meant as an insult), and WTF do we do? We kill them. Every last one. What drives this need to eat our own? Someone else telling us who to hate and why. And what is the motive for that manipulation? Power and the privilege that comes with it. But still, no, I think you're wrong. We will still produce a Saladin, or a King, or a Kennedy, Gandhi or Christ every few generations, just to see if we've learned not to be led by our triggers. It doesn't look hopeful, especially if one reads these boards or watches too much prime time. Ill hope anyway. Just for spite.

Last edited:

Everyone looks at large scale insanity and thinks its the norm. Little people live out noble lives every day (ok, some little people are scumbags too, but they are the few, rather than the many, and they don't have the power or do-re-mi for the big stage), and nobody pays attention. Every once in a while a Saladin, or a King, or a Kennedy (nobody's perfect, people) or a Gandhi, or a Christ comes along (I'm sure I've left some out, the omission was not meant as an insult), and WTF do we do? We kill them. Every last one. What drives this need to eat our own? Someone else telling us who to hate and why. And what is the motive for that manipulation? Power and the privilege that comes with it. But still, no, I think you're wrong. We will still produce a Saladin, or a King, or a Kennedy, Gandhi or Christ every few generations, just to see if we've learned not to be led by our triggers. It doesn't look hopeful, especially if one reads these boards or watches too much prime time. Ill hope anyway. Just for spite.

Spite will do as well as faith. But I do believe the long term prospects for survival of the human race are poor. But in the short term---let us pahtay|!!!!!!!!!!

Some day we will have another war that will either destroy the environment or severely damage it. I am pretty sure people will say some fucking god demanded it.

Yes, I do.

I was never asked about saving the dodo so excuse me for neglecting your family roots.

You're excused.

The human race may be reasonable and constructive, but do these traits outweigh the negative ones I mentioned?

So far so good.

How many wars are going on now over silly things like religion and old fights generations ago?

None of them.

Wars are, now, and they were, then, always about power and control. The excuses that we make (like God told me to do it, or I'm bombing your village to make it safe for democracy) are never anything more than rationalzing bullshit we tell ourselves.

How many millions will be slaughtered alone in this century and for what?

Multi, perhaps hundreds of millions. Why? For power and control.

Will we keep destroying the planet at the current rate or do you have hope that mankind will act what is irrational for themselves and become keeps of the blue planet?

Where there's life, there's hope.

Forum List

Back