Human punching bag - not the worst pain

Unkotare

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2011
A man started turning up not long ago outside train stations in Beijing with a cardboard box and wearing a sign offering to let passerby punch him for a little over $1.50 a shot.

A man started turning up not long ago outside train stations in Beijing with a cardboard box and wearing a sign offering to let passerby punch him for a little over $1.50 a shot.
SAD!!
Did that poor man get that money making idea from watching the scene in the Mr Robot series? I doubt it, but in that scene, a frustrated business executive has his chauffeur drive to a homeless spot and the executive pays out a decent sum of cash to a willing subject, then hits him hard a couple times to release his anger. However, that was fiction!

SAD!!
Did that poor man get that money making idea from watching the scene in the Mr Robot series? I doubt it, but in that scene, a frustrated business executive has his chauffeur drive to a homeless spot and the executive pays out a decent sum of cash to a willing subject, then hits him hard a couple times to release his anger. However, that was fiction!

It’s much worse.

The poor guy was doing it to raise money for his son who needed a transplant.

In China the family has to pay up front before treatment is given.

The poor guy was doing it to raise money for his son who needed a transplant.

In China the family has to pay up front before treatment is given.
That is REALLY sad!
I thought China had some form of socialized medicine. Maybe not, due to too many people.
In Denmark, medical care is socialized for all to a great extent, but transplants certainly depend on availability.
I hope that guy gets lots of donations instead of hits.

When word got out, people started seeking him out, but with hugs instead of punches. People started going by his son’s hospital in large numbers and making donations. Before long, enough was raised for the transplant.

When word got out, people started seeking him out, but with hugs instead of punches. People started going by his son’s hospital in large numbers and making donations. Before long, enough was raised for the transplant.
Nice happy ending!

Nice happy ending!

Well, not really...
So what is the rest of this sad/happy (?) story ??

His son had the transplant, but...
... but it was not compatible with his body?

Nice happy ending!

Well, not really...

I guess whatever the condition was just proved too much.

Nice happy ending!

Well, not really...

I guess whatever the condition was just proved too much.

Shame. A bit of a double-edged sword, a word for the kindness of man and a note to the power of illness...

Forum List

Back