Human Life International Wants To Get Contraception Included In Global Gag Rule

What's your stake in this? "Natural birth control" is not very reliable. And why go through the trouble when there is technology available to make it unnecessary?

Religion is getting sillier and sillier, and for what purpose? It's nuts now.

I think that if it were possible to poll every adult as to whether he or she had sex only to have a baby and not for any other reason, I think that you would be laughed off the planet.

My "stake" is no different from anyone else, so what is yours, personally?

Philosophically speaking, do we treasure and value life to the extent we respect the process that brings life about? Failure of a contraceptive leads to the option of abortion. The option of abortion leads to millions of deaths of those just beginning life. Valuing life seems a good philosophical stance for the world.

So everyone just relax. I am not saying no one (including advertisers) should be advancing contraceptives. I am saying that if a group does not choose to be free advertisement to contraceptives, and have another approach, what is the problem? Others can take your approach, too, if they wish. No one is stopping them. They simply want this group to be about life.
It continues to be apparent that you do have a command of the issue. And while you preach about being pro life, the policy that you advocate is anything but.

What's your stake in this? "Natural birth control" is not very reliable. And why go through the trouble when there is technology available to make it unnecessary?

I think that if it were possible to poll every adult as to whether he or she had sex only to have a baby and not for any other reason, I think that you would be laughed off the planet.

Philosophically speaking, do we treasure and value life to the extent we respect the process that brings life about? Failure of a contraceptive leads to the option of abortion. The option of abortion leads to millions of deaths of those just beginning life. Valuing life seems a good philosophical stance for the world.

So everyone just relax. I am not saying no one (including advertisers) should be advancing contraceptives. I am saying that if a group does not choose to be free advertisement to contraceptives, and have another approach, what is the problem? Others can take your approach, too, if they wish. No one is stopping them. They simply want this group to be about life.

Experts Say Trump’s Global Gag Rule Will Imperil Global Health | Right Wing Watch

The White House dramatically expanded the policy, implemented by past Republican presidents starting with Ronald Reagan but dropped under Democrats Barack Obama and Bill Clinton, under the guise of opposing abortion, despite the fact that studies have found that the gag rule, also known as the Mexico City Policy, ends up increasing the abortion rate by defunding family planning services.

trumpbible-814x458.jpg

I did have a stake in it, but not any more. There is no "life", not even a fertilized egg, when things work the way they should. And how is having sex using birth control not respecting the "process that brings life about"? This nonsense was thought up by some fat priest with full stomach. Failure to use any contraception at all also leads to the "option of abortion" more often than not.

I recently saw a PP web page, and right there, along with other types of birth control and their failure rates, was "abstinence." Yet these "abstinence" yahoos scream that "abstinence" should be the ONLY thing on the page. Give people ALL the information and let them decide for themselves.

This deliberate attempt to deny people basic information is another attempt to turn us into a fascist state.

This is a situation faced by millions of people every day. They don't all believe in your theory.

This make absolutely NO sense to me!. The Bishops think-hell they know- that they can manipulate Trump-who has no core convictions, no real values into doing their bidding.

In addition, this who thing about opposing contraception while also opposing abortion is stupid and hypocritical. These people cant have it both ways. Population in some parts of the world is out of control. The earth cannot feed too many more people, especially in view of climate change, which of course they -and Trump-deny. . Do the Bishops have a plan to fight poverty, hunger, water shortages? The answer is no. Their answer is to just have sex and we all know how effective that will be.

These jackass can't seem to understand that- even if life begins at conception-most forms of birth control PREVENT CONCEPTION.

Human Life International Is Working With Bishops To Get Contraception Included In Trump’s Global Gag Rule

Human Life International Is Working With Bishops To Get Contraception Included In Trump’s Global Gag Rule | Right Wing Watch

In a small conference room at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington yesterday, Human Life International president Father Shenan J. Boquet said he is working with American bishops on a letter to President Trump in hopes that the Trump administration will expand the Mexico City Policy and “hopefully rid” United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funding for contraceptive programs abroad.

These people just want to keep women barefoot, pregnant and ignorant of their options and that makes me sick:

He said that he is working “with a couple of American bishops” on a letter to President Trump aimed at halting USAID’s financing of international programs that offer or provide education about contraceptive care. Since Trump was inaugurated, his administration has reinstated and expanded a “global gag rule”—also known as the Mexico City Policy—that prohibits the federal government from providing U.S. family planning aid to nongovernmental organizations that offer abortion procedures or provide information about the procedure. More recently, the administration has applied a similar policy to federal family planning funding for American groups that provide access and information to abortion procedures.
Gays have "gag" rules?

This make absolutely NO sense to me!. The Bishops think-hell they know- that they can manipulate Trump-who has no core convictions, no real values into doing their bidding.

In addition, this who thing about opposing contraception while also opposing abortion is stupid and hypocritical. These people cant have it both ways. Population in some parts of the world is out of control. The earth cannot feed too many more people, especially in view of climate change, which of course they -and Trump-deny. . Do the Bishops have a plan to fight poverty, hunger, water shortages? The answer is no. Their answer is to just have sex and we all know how effective that will be.

These jackass can't seem to understand that- even if life begins at conception-most forms of birth control PREVENT CONCEPTION.

Human Life International Is Working With Bishops To Get Contraception Included In Trump’s Global Gag Rule

Human Life International Is Working With Bishops To Get Contraception Included In Trump’s Global Gag Rule | Right Wing Watch

In a small conference room at the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington yesterday, Human Life International president Father Shenan J. Boquet said he is working with American bishops on a letter to President Trump in hopes that the Trump administration will expand the Mexico City Policy and “hopefully rid” United States Agency for International Development (USAID) funding for contraceptive programs abroad.

These people just want to keep women barefoot, pregnant and ignorant of their options and that makes me sick:

He said that he is working “with a couple of American bishops” on a letter to President Trump aimed at halting USAID’s financing of international programs that offer or provide education about contraceptive care. Since Trump was inaugurated, his administration has reinstated and expanded a “global gag rule”—also known as the Mexico City Policy—that prohibits the federal government from providing U.S. family planning aid to nongovernmental organizations that offer abortion procedures or provide information about the procedure. More recently, the administration has applied a similar policy to federal family planning funding for American groups that provide access and information to abortion procedures.
Gays have "gag" rules?
Thank you for that eloquent, cogent, and well researched contribution to this important topic concerning women. Now get the fuck off of my thread and do your trolling somewhere else.

It continues to be apparent that you do have a command of the issue. And while you preach about being pro life, the policy that you advocate is anything but.

Then we have nothing further to discuss, have we? I simply have an outlying perspective, while you are in the box with something you feel works here and can work everywhere. I see tragedy where you see great success that you wish to share with others.

It continues to be apparent that you do NOT have a command of the issue.

Then we have nothing further to discuss, have we? I simply have an outlying perspective, while you are in the box with something you feel works here and can work everywhere. I see tragedy where you see great success that you wish to share with others.

Yeah. There's tragedy in people loving each other and having sex. Real tragedy. Maybe you can sell your theory to the guys at your club or bar. I doubt you'd get far. I don't think that most men want a baby every other year for how long? We women don't buy it and I don't think the guys do, either. We live in the real world, not up in the clouds.

It continues to be apparent that you do NOT have a command of the issue.

Ever notice when someone cannot respond to the other's command of the issue, they go to personal attacks? Not only do I have command of the philosophical issues involved, I am also well aware of the points you make and see no reason to dwell on them. They are in plain sight for both of us to see. Pretending I do not see them just because I won't jump on your bandwagon takes this discussion nowhere.

Yeah. There's tragedy in people loving each other and having sex. Real tragedy. Maybe you can sell your theory to the guys at your club or bar. I doubt you'd get far. I don't think that most men want a baby every other year for how long? We women don't buy it and I don't think the guys do, either. We live in the real world, not up in the clouds.

Yawn. I get better drama queen antics at the middle school. Pretending "tragedy in loving" is the issue under discussion is off base. You have a nice day.

Okay, American men. Open your wallets. Is there a Trojan in there anywhere? Also, check out the drawer in your nightstand.

Forum List

Back