Human History and Evolution just got demolished and rewritten

It's my personal belief that Rome was far more advanced then we know.

terraces.jpg

Here's what the Romans, or some prior civilization did in Baalbek, Lebanon

Having seen the Roman Colosseum, I walk past Washington Arch in the East Village and think, "OK, put 80 of those in a circle around the block, make 4 more rows deep, then go up 4 arches in height, and then I'll be impressed"

Archaeologist recently discovered evidence of seafaring humans dating back at least 130,000 years.

Now to people heavily invested in the "we evolved from a common African ancestor" or "Columbus discovered America" fiction, this will be upsetting.

My advice: get over it.

Archaeologists Discover Cretan Tools That Point to 130,000 to 700,000-Year-Old Sea Travel

Fascinating. 130,000 years old puts this way before modern humans. Looks like those Neanderthals and Homo Erectus were smarter than they are given credit for.

But, what has that got to do with denial of the statement "we evolved from a common African ancestor"? Since we (Homo Sapiens) did not leave Africa before 100,000 years ago, that statement remains unaffected.

And Columbus? - don't see what ur saying here, what's that got to do with it.

Archaeologist recently discovered evidence of seafaring humans dating back at least 130,000 years.

Now to people heavily invested in the "we evolved from a common African ancestor" or "Columbus discovered America" fiction, this will be upsetting.

Archaeologists Discover Cretan Tools That Point to 130,000 to 700,000-Year-Old Sea Travel

Don't see what that has to do with the "common African ancestor theory". All that shows is that homo erectus may have been more daring and intelligent than we thought. The anscestor theory depends on DNA evidence and has nothing to do with artifacts of unknown origin.

Fascinating. 130,000 years old puts this way before modern humans. Looks like those Neanderthals and Homo Erectus were smarter than they are given credit for.

But, what has that got to do with denial of the statement "we evolved from a common African ancestor"? Since we (Homo Sapiens) did not leave Africa before 100,000 years ago, that statement remains unaffected.

If people were seafaring 130,000 years ago then all of the "anomalous" artifacts that keep turning up all over the planet indicating travel in "pre-historic" are no more anomalous than finding dirt in your backyard.

Check the current theory of evolution, seafaring especially seafaing 130,000 years ago was not part of the narrative

Cocaine mummies, dude!

you know i know it, no one else seems to

If people were seafaring 130,000 years ago then all of the "anomalous" artifacts that keep turning up all over the planet indicating travel in "pre-historic" are no more anomalous than finding dirt in your backyard.

Check the current theory of evolution, seafaring especially seafaing 130,000 years ago was not part of the narrative

That's probably because seafaring has nothing to do with evolution. How do you know they didn't walk to Crete? Sea levels changed quite a bit during glacial eras.

That's probably because seafaring has nothing to do with evolution. How do you know they didn't walk to Crete? Sea levels changed quite a bit during glacial eras.

That would have been impossible to accomplish save for an approximate 170,000 year period 5 million years ago when the Med dried out. After the Med filled again the sea levels have never been low enough to walk across from the mainland.

Homo Sap is 160,000 to 200,000 years old. And Homo Neandethalus about twice that. I fail to see why either would have had any trouble hollowing a log and creating a canoe that would easily cover that 40 miles.

Seafaring at 130,000 years ago would have absolutely nothing to do with evolution. Homo Sap at that time had adaquete brain power to create hollow log canoes. As did Homo Neanderthal.

Homo Sap is 160,000 to 200,000 years old. And Homo Neandethalus about twice that. I fail to see why either would have had any trouble hollowing a log and creating a canoe that would easily cover that 40 miles.

Weren't they all petrified ? :eusa_whistle:

Homo Erectus made it clear into the islands of Indonesia. Now why should we be surprised that a distance of only 40 miles could be covered 130,000 years ago when Homo Sap was about the same in cranial capacity as today? As was Homo Neanderthal.

I smell a rat. I do not believe this story. First of all they are un named Greeks. This is a scam or a hoax. Are you trying to convince me or anyone that there is a square foot of accessible ground anywhere in the Mediterranean that has not been walked on and visited hundreds of times by humans over the last 5,000 years? Bullshit! 40 miles at sea 130,000 years ago? 20 miles out and they lose all sight of land. How did they navigate? This stinks on so many levels. Why did they need these axes? There had better be a mountain of cooked debris at this site or it is total crap. You don't hollow a log big enough for open water travel with a crude stone axe. You need fire. Also ..is there any evidence of suitable trees for these canoes? Do you people have any idea how long it would take to chop down a three foot thick living tree with a crude stone axe? Months! Primarily because you couldn't hit anything very hard with it without destroying the axe. So these are war axes? Really? To fight who exactly on Crete? You people are gullible to say the least.

Last edited:

I smell a rat. I do not believe this story. First of all they are un named Greeks. This is a scam or a hoax. Are you trying to convince me or anyone that there is a square foot of accessible ground anywhere in the Mediterranean that has not been walked on and visited hundreds of times by humans over the last 5,000 years? Bullshit! 40 miles at sea 130,000 years ago? 20 miles out and they lose all sight of land. How did they navigate? This stinks on so many levels. Why did they need these axes? There had better be a mountain of cooked debris at this site or it is total crap. You don't hollow a log big enough for open water travel with a crude stone axe. You need fire. Also ..is there any evidence of suitable trees for these canoes? Do you people have any idea how long it would take to chop down a three foot thick living tree with a crude stone axe? Months! Primarily because you couldn't hit anything very hard with it without destroying the axe. So these are war axes? Really? To fight who exactly on Crete? You people are gullible to say the least.

Homo sapien 130,000 years ago are genetically identical to humans today, that means there were people as smart as you, rdean and TruthMatters back then.

So while you geniuses were stuck on the shore eating grubs, the rest of us figured out how to navigate by the stars and build ocean worthy vessels that traveled the world.

Cocaine mummies, dude!

Only 5000 years ago, Dude.
Which suggests the strong possibility that there are other aspects and presumptions of ancient and pre-history that are also erroneous, foo.

Homo sapien 130,000 years ago are genetically identical to humans today, that means there were people as smart as you, rdean and TruthMatters back then.

So while you geniuses were stuck on the shore eating grubs, the rest of us figured out how to navigate by the stars and build ocean worthy vessels that traveled the world.

Ya...sure ya did Frankie. People like you wanted to behead Galileo. There were no ocean worthy vessels 130-500 thousand years ago. Modern civilization has had hundreds of thousands of learned experts looking at the past in detail in every nook and cranny for over 200 years. There has been carbon dating rechecking everything found. So all of a sudden there is evidence of ocean worthy watercraft dating back a minimum of 130 thousand years predating all known such transportation by at least 10,000 years? Talk about a missing link. So where did all these boats go for 120 thousand years?

This "find" will be proven a fraud and the good news is that you Frankie won't be any crazier than you were last week.:lol: :lol: :lol:

Forum List

Back