Human are huge. But, a spider will make them scream.

Admittedly ... I can't stand spiders. The bigger they are the more apt I am to get jumpy. I don't even attempt to squish them or catch them. I have cans of bug spray all around my house and simply spray when spotted.

spider%2Battack.gif

omg. I would be SCREAMING if a tarantula went running around on my arm and back. Those pics make me do the heebiejeebie dance in my damn chair.

I've held them and though I had to really work at it I did lay out on the ground in the desert one night and let a wild one crawl onto my hand. Most of them are really gentle giants and he just kept going.

Does it help to know they're really very fragile? If they fall, the body can actually split open.

When we built the fence around our yard, the tarantulas didn't get the memo so, following the scent of a female, would climb the fence. I would have to use a shovel to gently lift them down to the ground. Of course, the next night, they'd be right back.

And you can usually tell their sex by the size of their abdomen. Big is female, little is male.

New Topics

Forum List

Back