Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009

Human-Animal Hybrid Prohibition Act of 2009

• Total voters

JBeukema

Rookie
Apr 23, 2009
everywhere and nowhere
The definitions seem to imply some ignorance of the science involved (fertilizing a non-human egg with a human sperm?) and I question how many genes/alleles could be swapped before 'rendering the embryo's membership in the species Homo sapiens uncertain'.

I'm leaning towards nay because this bill seems to address a problem I don't see as existent and does not adequately address the concerns I feel are valid surrounding the subject.

Bill Summary & Status - 111th Congress (2009 - 2010) - S.1435 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)

"advances in research and technology have made possible the creation of human-animal hybrids"

uh-huh... yeah...

My first reaction was that Mr. Brownback needs to stop eating shrooms while watching Johnny Mnemonic, but then I started to see the political genius of it. Next election cycle expect to see negative ads against any Senators with actual brains in their heads which say "Senator so-and-so voted to allow humans and animals to procreate together"

Brilliant!

Last edited:
Sounds like one of Christine O'Donnells mice with human brains rants

Sounds like one of Christine O'Donnells mice with human brains rants

oh, yeah. I saw a show about that once...

pinkyandbrain.jpg

Screw that bill!

I want wings and I want them NOW!

It's my civil right to be a freak of nature!

hahahaha

Damn I hope the first thing that pops out from cross breeding is Flying Monkeys, that would be so awesome.

Isn't this already happening with all kinds of other species due to GMOs? Aren't they making aquarium fish that glow in the dark because they have algae dna spliced into them? Beans with insect DNA etc?

I think there is some merit to regulating this shit.

There must be some truth in the ability to create Human-Animal Hybrids. My ex-wife was once a really sweet adorable person who suddenly was transformed into a complete Jackass overnight.

There must be some truth in the ability to create Human-Animal Hybrids. My ex-wife was once a really sweet adorable person who suddenly was transformed into a complete Jackass overnight.

My ex became a blood sucking monster.

So I KNOW vampires are real.

That's interesting. My ex became a delicious stew.

kidding. (as far as you know).

Isn't this already happening with all kinds of other species due to GMOs? Aren't they making aquarium fish that glow in the dark because they have algae dna spliced into them? Beans with insect DNA etc?

I think there is some merit to regulating this shit.

They have made glow in the dark cats, loosecanon. I have no idea why.

I'd expect there already are ethical constraints on science. Not sure what more we need, or how non-scientists could be expected to draw them up or enforce them.

Scientists create glow-in-the-dark cats | Crave - CNET

Interesting. That will last until one of the major pharmas finds a gene splice that solves a major medical problem, and will make that company many billions of dollars. Then these same people will be sponsoring tax breaks and an exemption for that company.

A wonderfully cynical peice of legislation designed specifically for the very ignorant.

New Topics

Forum List

Back