Huh?

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
US Senators

The only requirement is to be 30 something and a citizen of the state.

This means, there is no law that prevents convicted FELONS to be US Senators, EVEN in the handful of states like Florida that prevent Felons that have served their time for their crime, from VOTING.

WHAT is wrong with THIS picture?

Last edited:
US Senators

This means, there is no law that prevents convicted FELONS to be US Senators, EVEN in the handful of states like Florida that prevent Felons that have served their time for their crime, from VOTING.

You're saying there's no Federal law precluding convicted felons from holding public office?

So it's left to the states.

US Senators

nothing. there's nothing in the constitution that that prevents convicted felons from being president, vice president or a rep, either.

although the protocol is to wait until you're elected to be actually convicted ;)

You're saying there's no Federal law precluding convicted felons from holding public office?

So it's left to the states.

nope...the states can't even do anything about it for the us senate....if any of them are a felon or exfelon they do not lose their job or they can not be prevented from running for elected office or holding elected office...

The only thing that can be done to get rid of a convicted felon if they got their felony while serving in office, is being expelled by 2/3's of the Senate is what i heard on the 24/7 this morning...kinda like an impeachment...

Now, i call that pretty elitist for the senate to be excluded from any true reprimand....

This stems from the Steven's thing....but i am not talking about senator stevens....it's just the idea of it all seems ridiculous.... kinda like when all of congress stood up for congressman jefferson when his office was searched...

the rules of keeping the corrupt in office were set in place before the game began, is what i am wondering...?

Forum List

Back