Huh!!! The world gone mad, mad I say...

Stephanie

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2004
Muslims Enraged, Seething at Tasty Dessert (picture of infidel dessert included)
little green footballs ^ | 9/17/05 | Charles Johnsom

Posted on 09/18/2005 5:18:50 PM PDT by frankjr

Cowardice, thy name is Burger King: Burger King recalls ‘sacrilegious’ desserts. (Hat tip: efuseakay.)

THE fast-food chain, Burger King, is withdrawing its ice-cream cones after the lid of the dessert offended a Muslim.

The man claimed the design resembled the Arabic inscription for Allah, and branded it sacrilegious, threatening a “jihad”.

The chain is being forced to spend thousands of pounds redesigning the lid with backing from The Muslim Council of Britain. It apologised and said: “The design simply represents a spinning ice-cream cone.”

The offending lid was spotted in a branch in Park Royal last week by business development manager Rashad Akhtar, 27, of High Wycombe.

He was not satisfied by the decision to withdraw the cones and has called on Muslims to boycott Burger King. He said: “This is my jihad. How can you say it is a spinning swirl? If you spin it one way to the right you are offending Muslims.”

A Muslim Council spokesman said: “We commend the sensitive and prompt action that Burger King has taken.”

My favorite suggestion:

#2 Beagle 9/17/2005 07:52AM PDT
Replace it with the red Templar cross and call it the Crusade Cone.

I vote to abolish the word "offend"!!!

And, encourage BK to let the Muslims boycott. It's their right.........go for it. What I'm more terrified of is the continual backing down society thinks is necessary when anyone uses the "offend" card.

Some people need to get thicker skin, and others need to get a backbone.

kurtsprincess said:
I vote to abolish the word "offend"!!!

And, encourage BK to let the Muslims boycott. It's their right.........go for it. What I'm more terrified of is the continual backing down society thinks is necessary when anyone uses the "offend" card.

Some people need to get thicker skin, and others need to get a backbone.

I am offended that you are offended that they are offended. Dammit. :dev3:

dilloduck said:
I'm suing cause you made my buddy cry! :smoke:

Better get all his friends together and make it a class action suit!!! :huddle:

Can't have all these overly sensitive people getting money and not wanting to share it with their fellow offendees!!!

kurtsprincess said:
Better get all his friends together and make it a class action suit!!! :huddle:

Can't have all these overly sensitive people getting money and not wanting to share it with their fellow offendees!!!

ya--and i gotta ask for a lot more than I actually need cause a my lawyer.

a WHOLE LOT more :baby4:

Forum List

Back