Huge rise in debt in California since 2003

A stranger in a strange land? Yep, I'm that when I engage a member of the echo chamber.

and what echo chamber do you echo Wry?....

I suppose you were trying to be glib, better leave that to others, Harry. If you don't understand who and what the echo chamber is, I would hope you might consider a brief observation attibuted to Aristotle: "Know thyself"; obviously you haven't made and effort.

Glib?.....i dont think so......i just wanted to see if you would admit to belonging to one yourself......so, i take it you dont think you belong to one.....maybe you should try the Aristotle advice you said i should try....

I don't need to review it, I benefited from it. However, that was then, during the boom days of the Clinton Administration. Remember those days, when Meg Whitman and Carly Firoina earned hundreds of millions of dollars and became billionaires, home prices were at their peak and tax revenues were enormous?

wtf???

no there isn't ............ oh and the TP has nothing to say that will effect anything, what power do they have? zip nada zero foir Christ sakes. find another horse to whip.

my degree of guilt meter?

state gov. 90%

of that 90%-

dems 70
right 30

the rest 10%.

NO ONE forces the gov. or state leg. to pass the budget(s) they did and do. Period.The leg and gov. do, period.

now that they can spend what they want ( but not raise taxes which they still need a 2/3s thank god), we are still in the shit.

Then we got GWB, 9-11, two wars of choice and a failure to regulate. It all came crashing down under the fiscal and foreign policy blunders under GWB and the Republican controlled Congress (1995 - 2007).

what on gods green earth does this have to do with the state budgets etc.?EVERYONE took a hit not everyone is on the pickle we are....

You're really not very bright, are you? Do you actually believe California is the only state in the union in economic trouble? Did you read the Johnson family saga above? IF you did, and I doubt you did, read it and think. Frame it with the ideology that is currently enjoying popularity.
I know, thinking is hard work, but try it. Simple solutions as well as made up statistics do not make a strong argument - in fact they are convincing that you are not very bright.

Speaking of not very bright, your simple solution has been and continues to be "blame the republicans". Still claiming to be centrist or have you accepted the fact that claim is total bull shit?

wtf???

no there isn't ............ oh and the TP has nothing to say that will effect anything, what power do they have? zip nada zero foir Christ sakes. find another horse to whip.

my degree of guilt meter?

state gov. 90%

of that 90%-

dems 70
right 30

the rest 10%.

NO ONE forces the gov. or state leg. to pass the budget(s) they did and do. Period.The leg and gov. do, period.

now that they can spend what they want ( but not raise taxes which they still need a 2/3s thank god), we are still in the shit.

what on gods green earth does this have to do with the state budgets etc.?EVERYONE took a hit not everyone is on the pickle we are....

You're really not very bright, are you? Do you actually believe California is the only state in the union in economic trouble? Did you read the Johnson family saga above? IF you did, and I doubt you did, read it and think. Frame it with the ideology that is currently enjoying popularity.
I know, thinking is hard work, but try it. Simple solutions as well as made up statistics do not make a strong argument - in fact they are convincing that you are not very bright.

Speaking of not very bright, your simple solution has been and continues to be "blame the republicans". Still claiming to be centrist or have you accepted the fact that claim is total bull shit?

"Blame the Republicans" is not a solution, and I would never suggest placing blame solves any problems. Framing an argument based on historical fact helps identify the problem and once problems are identified and defined solutions can be offered. In that process one might and often does find fault, it's easy when we look at the fiscal 'discipline' of GWB - it didn't exist! That was (and remains) a problem. Notice he didn't enforce regulations, that lead to problems, and he didn't veto any legislation send to him from the Congress, again, a problem when money on revenue issues didn't exist and needed to be borrowed.

"Blame the Republicans" is not a solution, and I would never suggest placing blame solves any problems. Framing an argument based on historical fact helps identify the problem and once problems are identified and defined solutions can be offered. In that process one might and often does find fault, it's easy when we look at the fiscal 'discipline' of GWB - it didn't exist! That was (and remains) a problem. Notice he didn't enforce regulations, that lead to problems, and he didn't veto any legislation send to him from the Congress, again, a problem when money on revenue issues didn't exist and needed to be borrowed.

Still focused on blaming Republicans I see. Boooooooosssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Shit dude, the only person you're fooling is yourself. Take the blinders off, and unplug the DNC uplink, this is not the Matrix and you're not Neo.

California is a basket-case. I wouldn't be surprised if they default one day.

I was shocked to hear that there is a constitutional amendment putting government workers at the top of all liability claims of the state. That's madness.

They are not a basket case. California generates a good deal of revenue. Problem is..it's not taxed correctly.

So that leaves the state with having to provide european style services with a central american revenue stream.

I was shocked to hear that there is a constitutional amendment putting government workers at the top of all liability claims of the state. That's madness.

They are not a basket case. California generates a good deal of revenue. Problem is..it's not taxed correctly.

So that leaves the state with having to provide european style services with a central american revenue stream.

for god sakes..

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YC7TMi0l68&feature=related[/ame]

And this quote gets the Dimbulb of the Day Award.

ok ill bite....what is the proper way to tax?

Still focused on blaming Republicans I see. Boooooooosssssshhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!
Shit dude, the only person you're fooling is yourself. Take the blinders off, and unplug the DNC uplink, this is not the Matrix and you're not Neo.

LMAO, you and your pals - members of the echo chamber who thanked you for this 'thoughtful' post - continue to blame Jimmy Carter for our economic troubles of the mid to late 1970's; a direct result of the excessives of LBJ and Nixon (another war of choice, not properly funded) and two matters beyond his control - Iran's revolution and the Oil boycott.
Bush II was a complete fuck up; anyone who defends him and his administration is a partisan liar, or simply a member of the herd to dumb to think for themselves. Which are you?

Not letting people vote directly to cap taxes?

Seriously. One thing or the other has to stop. Real spending..like on life prison terms for stealing videos..or they have to raise taxes.

People would vote themselves unlimited jelly doughnuts if given the chance.

for god sakes..

The "Neo" thing works once.

Come up with your own schtick for pete's sake.

Last edited:

Seriously. One thing or the other has to stop. Real spending..like on life prison terms for stealing videos..or they have to raise taxes.

how about stop the fucking SPENDING?.....people out here taxed enough....its a pretty sad state of affairs when most people have to move to another State when they retire,because they cant afford to retire in the State they have spent most of their lives in....

how about stop the fucking SPENDING?.....people out here taxed enough....its a pretty sad state of affairs when most people have to move to another State when they retire,because they cant afford to retire in the State they have spent most of their lives in....

Did you read my post?

Californians are loathe to cut services or raise taxes.

You can't have it both ways.

for god sakes..

The "Neo" thing works once.

Come up with your own schtick for pete's sake.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XooISvoZ_rs[/ame]

Exactly why you should not be allowed to vote if on unemployment or welfare :eusa_hand:

Did you read my post?

Californians are loathe to cut services or raise taxes.

You can't have it both ways.

you dont have to cut no services....every agency has to survive on what they had the previous year.....no one gets any more then what they had then....and NO NEW PROGRAMS THAT COST MONEY.....and if this State would enforce the immigration laws that are in existence, the amount of people allowed to pile in here would be cut down A LOT,and this would help the Social Services side of the budget... as well as the Education side.....

Forum List

Back