Huge loss for democrats

John Shaw

Gold Member
Jul 22, 2017
A Moore victory would have solidified their hold on the moral high ground.

However, it was a lose/lose election for republicans. The victory of Jones is very ominous indeed.

What do you think about future elections? 2018 looks very bad for republicans right now, if a democrat can win a senate seat in Alabama.

It predicts the entire democrat platform for the near future. Find some democrat women and pay them to make unsubstantiated claims against the opponent at the last minute, provide no evidence, nothing but innuendo and a media blitz and you can squeek out a win. So just like everyone who didn't vote democrat before was racist now they will be called sexual predators.

However, it was a lose/lose election for republicans. The victory of Jones is very ominous indeed.

What do you think about future elections? 2018 looks very bad for republicans right now, if a democrat can win a senate seat in Alabama.

If a democrat does win a senate seat in Alabama, guaranteed all allegations against Moore will vanish within a week if not overnight. As far as 2018 not worried at all.

It predicts the entire democrat platform for the near future. Find some democrat women and pay them to make unsubstantiated claims against the opponent at the last minute, provide no evidence, nothing but innuendo and a media blitz and you can squeek out a win. So just like everyone who didn't vote democrat before was racist now they will be called sexual predators.

Wouldn't work.

If a democrat does win a senate seat in Alabama, guaranteed all allegations against Moore will vanish within a week if not overnight. As far as 2018 not worried at all.

Even after Virginia?

I think it's funny that republicans are hard running on social issues when they castigated democrats for doing the same thing.

Wouldn't work.
It did this time. Just watch. A month or so from now when all of these women suddenly drop their claims because they are being sued.

Kudos to the demoquacks....I underestimated the strength of 40 year old allegations.

Perhaps the repubs should take plays out of that playbook in the future

The trampanzees wouldn't have cared.

Wouldn't work.
It did this time. Just watch. A month or so from now when all of these women suddenly drop their claims because they are being sued.

Moore was a special case because he clearly had an unhealthy interest in teenage girls, regardless of whether or not the more serious allegations were 100% accurate.

It wouldn't work on a candidate that's actually not a complete scumbag.

Wouldn't work.

Not sure it they'd be sued, they'll just disappear.

there is much truth to this

however; they are coming at Trump with new allegations of sexual harassment now that their other tactics have been run into the ground and failed

good thing that Trump, like Reagan before him, has a Teflon coat

and NO - this is not a foreshadowing of things to come in elections

this was a solid win using smear tactics at the the 11th hour - expect that tactic to gain more traction

:beer:

The election says nothing about 2018.

Absent the false pedophilia claims Jones wouldn't have had a shot.

I don't think the democrats will get away with that all over the country

there is much truth to this

however; they are coming at Trump with new allegations of sexual harassment now that their other tactics have been run into the ground and failed

good thing that Trump, like Reagan before him, has a Teflon coat

and NO - this is not a foreshadowing of things to come in elections

this was a solid win using smear tactics at the the 11th hour - expect that tactic to gain more traction

:beer:

To be fair, the allegations against Trump have been around for a long time. Even before the 2016 election.

I have often said that accusations against Moore are just that; accusations.

So I'd appreciate it if you didn't just assume the women were lying. We don't know that, either.

Even after Virginia?

I think it's funny that republicans are hard running on social issues when they castigated democrats for doing the same thing.

Virginia is a borderline red state. New Jersey is a solid red state. The losses there are inconsequential.

Jones is a lame duck day one. Luther Strange or another Trump Republican will blister his ass in 2018. He should not even bother running for reelection.

Even after Virginia?

Virginia is a borderline red state. New Jersey is a solid red state. The losses there are inconsequential.

Jones is a lame duck day one. Luther Strange or another Trump Republican will blister his ass in 2018. He should not even bother running for reelection.

You're most likely right. The Jones win was actually very lucky for republicans as a whole.

Even after Virginia?

You mean jones is up for reelection in 2018 already? I thought it was longer

I have often said that accusations against Moore are just that; accusations.

So I'd appreciate it if you didn't just assume the women were lying. We don't know that, either.

We know Allred's client is lying.

The other one has criminal convictions for fraud, admits not being credible, and has huge holes in her story.

None are even accusing him of pedophilia, though that hasn't stopped Democrats from claiming he was a pedophile.

So I see no reason to believe them.

I.2 million registered voters went to the polls in Alabama today out of 3.3 million registered voters. So 2.1 million voters stayed home.

Forum List

Back