Huge Bonus This Year: Looking to buy a Mac Book Air. Any thoughts?

I generally say not to buy anything from apple - they charge a premium for sub standard hardware.
Intel Macs uses the same hardware as a PC, and usually it is the better quality PC hardware. That is why you can build a PC that runs Mac OS X, a far superior operating system. OS X is UNIX based like Linux only with a better graphic user interface.

Building a CustoMac: Buyer's Guide January 2016 - tonymacx86.com
That has nothing to do with what I stated. They run on the same hardware - MAC charges a whole lot more for hardware that is not near top tier.

As far as MAC OS being 'far superior' that is rather objective and I believe the exact opposite. MAC OS is not even close.
UNIX is far superior to anything MS has.
Again, extremely subjective. Most people disagree.

I generally say not to buy anything from apple - they charge a premium for sub standard hardware.
Intel Macs uses the same hardware as a PC, and usually it is the better quality PC hardware. That is why you can build a PC that runs Mac OS X, a far superior operating system. OS X is UNIX based like Linux only with a better graphic user interface.

That has nothing to do with what I stated. They run on the same hardware - MAC charges a whole lot more for hardware that is not near top tier.

As far as MAC OS being 'far superior' that is rather objective and I believe the exact opposite. MAC OS is not even close.
UNIX is the robust OS there is.

Yes, it is.

If we were to objectively measure the difference in various OS by that single measure then UNIX would be objectively better. Too bad that people are also interested in ease of use, hardware and software compatibility, availability of support, plug and play capabilities, automatic features, bundled software, software options, look/style and a host of other shit.

Yes, it is.

If we were to objectively measure the difference in various OS by that single measure then UNIX would be objectively better. Too bad that people are also interested in ease of use, hardware and software compatibility, availability of support, plug and play capabilities, automatic features, bundled software, software options, look/style and a host of other shit.
Mac OS X wins hands down by a mile on the things I highlighted and is very, very close on the others.

I have an iMac desktop, a MacBook Pro, and an iPad. I like them all and have never had a problem with any of them. I like Apple products and I think you'll be happy with which ever Mac laptop you decide on.

I have an iMac desktop, a MacBook Pro, and an iPad. I like them all and have never had a problem with any of them. I like Apple products and I think you'll be happy with which ever Mac laptop you decide on.
I still use a "touch screen".........

Abacus_4.jpg

Forum List

Back