Hug your families and say a prayer for those in colorado.

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I'm not into religious stuff but days like today can't hurt.

No partisan bullshit just thoughts for those so terribly cut down short in life. Take off your political hats and put on your human ones.

If a charity starts for those uninsured please post it here.

I'm not into religious stuff but days like today can't hurt.

No partisan bullshit just thoughts for those so terribly cut down short in life. Take off your political hats and put on your human ones.

If a charity starts for those uninsured please post it here.

A fine thought from a fine American, thank you Murked.

Christopher Nolan responds to Dark Knight Rises shooting | Inside Movies | EW.com

Christopher Nolan has released a statement following the tragic events in Colorado in the early hours of July 20 — when a gunman opened fire at midnight screening of The Dark Knight Rises.

“Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting, but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families,” the director said.

Say a prayer for some of America's finest who fell at Aurora and their families...

U.S. troops among victims of Colorado movie shooting
July 20th, 2012 WASHINGTON (CNN) - U.S. troops were among the casualties in the shooting rampage at the Colorado movie theater, the Pentagon spokesman said.
"Initial indications are some service members were casualties," Press Secretary George Little said Friday at the Pentagon. He would not specify how many troops were involved or whether they dead or wounded. A US official tells Barbara Starr that at this point the US military has two Navy personnel injured in the Colorado attack as well as two Air Force reservists.

Buckley AFB in Aurora, Colorado, is the closest military base to the scene of the shootings. Spokesman Master Sgt. Jill Lavoie said some of the wounded were from Buckley. About 10,000 troops - including members of the Air Force, Army and Marine Corps - are stationed at Buckley. Soon after the shooting, the base initiated a head count, Lavoie said. One of the units on base is the 743rd Military Intelligence Battalion.

A post Friday on its Facebook page said that the Traumatic Stress Response Team (Mental Health Support) and Emergency Family Assistance Control Center (EFACC) had been activated at the base chapel. "If you or family members need assistance or counseling following the aftermath of the Aurora Movie Theater shooting, you can meet with the teams standing by to help you," the posting says.

Source

See also:

aaa2_388.jpg

Obama on Mass Shooting: 'It's About How We Choose to Treat One Another'
July 20, 2012 - "My daughters go the movies. What if Malia and Sasha had been in the theater?" President Obama said at an abbreviated campaign stop in Fort Myers, Fla. on Friday.
Speaking of the violence that killed at least 12 people and injured many more in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, Obama talked about the fragility of life: "Our time here is limited and it is precious. And what matters at the end of the day is not the small things, it's not the trivial things which so often consume us and our daily lives. Ultimately, it's about how we choose to treat one another and how we love one another." Obama's solemnity was in marked contrast to the crowd's enthusiasm. His supporters seized any opportunity to cheer for him.

Obama led the noisy crowd in a moment of silence, not only for the Aurora victims, but "for all the victims of less publicized acts of violence that plague our communities every single day." He then urged his supporters to "keep the people of Aurora in your hearts and minds today." He asked the Lord to bring comfort to all those affected by the shooting, then he ended his campaign trip to return to Washington. "I'm so grateful that all of you are here," Obama told the crowd. "I am so moved by your support. But there are going to be other days for politics. This, I think, is a day for prayer and reflection."

In a statement issued earlier Friday, Obama said he and Michelle were "shocked and saddened" by the "horrific and tragic" shooting. "As we do when confronted by moments of darkness and challenge, we must now come together as one American family. All of us must have the people of Aurora in our thoughts and prayers as they confront the loss of family, friends, and neighbors," Obama said.

Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney -- with whom Obama is engaged in a bitter election battle -- said in a statement that he and his wife Ann were "deeply saddened by the news of the senseless violence" that led to the loss of life and injuries. Romney said they were praying for the families and loved ones of the victims "during this time of deep shock and immense grief. We expect that the person responsible for this terrible crime will be quickly brought to justice." Obama was in Florida at the time of the shooting. The White House says Obama was informed of the shooting by his Homeland Security Adviser, John Brennan, at 5:26 a.m. EDT.

Source

Last edited:
This tragedy is very sad. I don't know why people do the things they do and it's scary to know that there are those out there hell bent on death, destruction, mayhem and murder.

What makes a man walk into a crowded theater with guns loaded just to murder as many people as he can?

What makes a person abuse, rape or murder a child?

What makes a person do anything to hurt another person?

It's evil, nothing more and nothing less. The person who commits the crime is evil just like this guy.

I just don't get it.

Forum List

Back