Huffpo on Kopechne: Who knows -- maybe she'd feel it was worth it.

CaféAuLait

This Space for Rent
Oct 29, 2008
Pacific Northwest
We don't know how much Kennedy was affected by her death, or what she'd have thought about arguably being a catalyst for the most successful Senate career in history. What we don't know, as always, could fill a Metrodome.

Still, ignorance doesn't preclude a right to wonder. So it doesn't automatically make someone (aka, me) a Limbaugh-loving, aerial-wolf-hunting NRA troll for asking what Mary Jo Kopechne would have had to say about Ted's death, and what she'd have thought of the life and career that are being (rightfully) heralded.

Who knows -- maybe she'd feel it was worth it.

Melissa Lafsky: The Footnote Speaks: What Would Mary Jo Kopechne Have Thought of Ted's Career?

You have got to be effing kidding me. Now try and justify her manslaughter and being left in a car to drown for hours because it may have made Kennedy a great man! WTF!?!? The diver who testified believed she was in that car drowning and trying to save herself for 2 hours. WTF?!!? I can't believe they tried to justify her death in this manner!

CaféAuLait;1464281 said:
We don't know how much Kennedy was affected by her death, or what she'd have thought about arguably being a catalyst for the most successful Senate career in history. What we don't know, as always, could fill a Metrodome.

Still, ignorance doesn't preclude a right to wonder. So it doesn't automatically make someone (aka, me) a Limbaugh-loving, aerial-wolf-hunting NRA troll for asking what Mary Jo Kopechne would have had to say about Ted's death, and what she'd have thought of the life and career that are being (rightfully) heralded.

Melissa Lafsky: The Footnote Speaks: What Would Mary Jo Kopechne Have Thought of Ted's Career?

You have got to be effing kidding me. Now try and justify her manslaughter and being left in a car to drown for hours because it may have made Kennedy a great man! WTF!?!? The diver who testified believed she was in that car drowning and trying to save herself for 2 hours. WTF?!!? I can't believe they tried to justify her death in this manner!

Did you miss the "Who knows" and the "maybe"?

Maybe pigs will fly too, but that doesn't mean I am justifying pigs flying.

CaféAuLait;1464281 said:

It matters not-- "who know's and maybe" are still trying to justify his leaving her in that car-- for his own possible benifit.

CaféAuLait;1464309 said:
CaféAuLait;1464281 said:

It matters not-- "who know's and maybe" are still trying to justify his leaving her in that car-- for his own possible benifit.

Who knows? Maybe you're an idiot.

(Note: that doesn't mean I am justifying you being an idiot) ;)

O/T CrusaderFrank have you seen pictures of Dani Sperle-- the girl with the smallest costume ever in Samba dancing? It was only 4 centimeters. Your avatar reminded me of her...

CaféAuLait;1464336 said:
O/T CrusaderFrank have you seen pictures of Dani Sperle-- the girl with the smallest costume ever in Samba dancing? It was only 4 centimeters. Your avatar reminded me of her...

You mean like that? LOL

So, we're amazed to find out the left is heartless, mean-spirited and frankly, insane?
Nothing new here.

How is it any differnt for her to say that than for so many on the right to claim they KNOW MJK would want to face kennedy at the pearly gates in anger?

How is it any differnt for her to say that than for so many on the right to claim they KNOW MJK would want to face kennedy at the pearly gates in anger?

You do understand that they are saying Kennedy's career may be better off because he killed her, and she wouild be happy about that right?

And you do know she was supposedly in that car struggling for near TWO hours not to drown and you think she would meet him at the gates happy for what he had done to her?

Only in your sick head does it say that

In my head? It says it in the article:

(emphasis added)

Yes he had arguably the most successfull congressional carreer in history but If the accident had never taken place he would have been elected president.

There are few who doubt this.

He then could have turned out to be a much better president.

You will read into it all kinds of shit I know, its jsut the way the right is.

"Great WHITE hope" is not a racist remeark in your minds either

Yes he had arguably the most successfull congressional carreer in history but If the accident had never taken place he would have been elected president.

There are few who doubt this.

He then could have turned out to be a much better president.

You will read into it all kinds of shit I know, its jsut the way the right is.

"Great WHITE hope" is not a racist remeark in your minds either

So you too are saying that since he killed her "he could have turned out to be a much better president"?

It kills me this "accident "crap. Sure when he first went off the bridge it may have been an accident-- but to let her die in that car WAS NOT AN ACCIDENT, it was a willful act on his part.

The diver who arrived on scene, John Farrar, testified she was alive for at least 2 hours, 2 freaking hours she lived trying to survive.

Why are you bringing up the play that everyone knows ( or should know) is about segregation and prejudice when it comes to Kennedy and Kopechne?

CaféAuLait;1464281 said:

OMFG!!!! :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo: :cuckoo:

The writer's name is Melissa Lafsky. That's the only thing funny about this.

Forum List

Back