HuffPo: Liberal yellow journalism at its finest

joeyc

Jul 14, 2009
How anybody can take HuffPo seriously is beyond me. The interface sucks, they have too many bloggers (many of whom cannot write), they use Op-Eds as news pieces and do little to discern between the two, and much of what they publish is garish liberal bullshit. Now, I don't particularly have a problem with people having a point of view and a bias -- if I want to read actual reportage, I'd read BBC and the AP news wire -- but at least have something interesting to say, or say it in an interesting way, and something new to say. The war in Iraq costs lives? Bush and Cheney ruined the country? We have to have a public option? Gay marriage should be legal? OMG! Stop the presses!

Not only that, but they routinely misrepresent stories and take people's words out of context, like, to an embarrassing degree. Every time I go to that site, they have one story where the headline is "So-and-so EVISCERATES/BASHES/SLAMS/RIPS So-and-so over <insert issue>" It's like they got some douche from democraticunderground.com to write their headlines. I fully expect them to start using "EPIC FAIL" and "PWNS" in the next few months.

Their most recent example of egregiously taking things out of context comes from a quote by Justice Roberts. All man said was that anytime you change the composition of the court, it's a little unsettling, since you get used to working with the same people. They tried to make it seem like he was attacking Sotomayor, but he wasn't. But why report on something important when you can fabricate drama between a white guy and a wise Latina?

Here's the story: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/09/03/c...t_n_277080.html

Last edited:
Huff Post : liberal-learning "journalism" :: Fox News : conservative leaning "journalism".
Neither is the place to go for unvarnished truth.

Joeyc, you must have read that through some rose colored glasses as all I read is that a new member meant a change. Anyone who worked in teams for long periods knows the unease new members can bring.

Next time, find something with substance that supports whatever glasses you choose to wear that day.

"Life can be seen through many windows, none of them necessarily clear or opaque, less or more distorting than any of the others." Winston Churchill

Forum List

Back