Huffington Author Tweets Racist Remark About Senator Tim Scott

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Sometime the regressive left screws up and accidentally reveals to the world who they truly are. The original tweet by Andy Ostroy has since been deleted, but Scott's response is still there and Ostroy has since tweeted an apology, which I'm guessing he was told to do by his bosses.

Tweet.jpg

I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character.- MLK

God Bless Tim Scott. Class act, who cares about capitalism and the taxpayer.

Sometime the regressive left screws up and accidentally reveals to the world who they truly are. The original tweet by Andy Ostroy has since been deleted, but Scott's response is still there and Ostroy has since tweeted an apology, which I'm guessing he was told to do by his bosses.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
the white man only had a black man up there for a prop.
Pretty racist to me.

That's a comment about the Republican staging, is it not?

It's reading intent into that staging, but it's a comment about why they would choose to stage him there. It's implying that the stagers might carry that view; doesn't give us any info about the author.

"Racism" on the other hand means the belief that one race is superior to another. This is a cynical view of a political staging. It's about the stagers, not the stagee. Pretty much the same kind of comment as Rump declaring Khan's wife didn't speak because she wasn't allowed to. Was that "racist"? Or "religionist"?

Looks to me like he's saying that Republicans have so few blacks in their ranks they have to trot one out to a prominent visibility to market themselves. He may be right or he may be wrong but that's the intent I read here.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

It's reading intent into that staging, but it's a comment about why they would choose to stage him there. It's implying that the stagers might carry that view; doesn't give us any info about the author.

"Racism" on the other hand means the belief that one race is superior to another. This is a cynical view of a political staging. It's about the stagers, not the stagee. Pretty much the same kind of comment as Rump declaring Khan's wife didn't speak because she wasn't allowed to. Was that "racist"? Or "religionist"?

Looks to me like he's saying that Republicans have so few blacks in their ranks they have to trot one out to a prominent visibility to market themselves. He may be right or he may be wrong but that's the intent I read here.
:ack-1:

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?

Dont Taz Me Bro How is that question "funny"? I came in here on suspicion that the overused term "racist" was being stretched yet again, and I backed up my reasoning for the question. And your only response is to mark it "funny"?

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

It's the soft racism of many on the left.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

i.e. soft racism.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

i.e. soft racism.

Not familiar with the term. Please, define.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

i.e. soft racism.

It's a combination of lowered expectations and an inability to believe someone of a given race can have opinions outside the observers typical expectation without said person being either evil, a stooge, or a puppet.

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

i.e. soft racism.

It's a combination of lowered expectations and an inability to believe someone of a given race can have opinions outside the observers typical expectation without said person being either evil, a stooge, or a puppet.

OK thanks for that.

In this tweet as I read it, the actors --- those setting the scene --- are not the tweet author and are not Tim Scott, but rather the stagers. So he may be attributing "soft racism" to them -- again whether such attribution is accurate or not.

But in any case it doesn't offer an opinion about race derived from the tweeter himself. It's a characterization of a third party. In other words it doesn't indicate whether he thinks Tim Scott may be worthy of center stage; it indicates he doesn't think THEY think he is.

Pretty racist to me.

i.e. soft racism.

OK thanks for that.

In this tweet as I read it, the actors --- those setting the scene --- are not the tweet author and are not Tim Scott, but rather the stagers. So he may be attributing "soft racism" to them -- again whether such attribution is accurate or not.

But in any case it doesn't offer an opinion about race derived from the tweeter himself. It's a characterization of a third party. In other words it doesn't indicate whether he thinks Tim Scott may be worthy of center stage; it indicates he doesn't think THEY think he is.

That's a lot of assumption on your part.

It's far easier to assume that this tweeter just can't believe that Scott is off the Plantation of his own accord, and had something major to do with the Tax law.

i.e. soft racism.

OK thanks for that.

It's far easier to assume that this tweeter just can't believe that Scott is off the Plantation of his own accord, and had something major to do with the Tax law.

Seems to me your read stretches a lot further than mine.

Tim Scott didn't stage himself. The tweet is clearly directed at those who did do the staging. Stagers, not stagees.

Now again, his read of them may be totally cynical, wrongheaded, unfair, whatever. But that is where it's directed.

i.e. soft racism.

OK thanks for that.

Tim Scott didn't stage himself. The tweet is clearly directed at those who did do the staging. Stagers, not stagees.

Now again, his read of them may be totally cynical, wrongheaded, unfair, whatever. But that is where it's directed.

Then why did the poster take it down so quickly?

OK thanks for that.

Then why did the poster take it down so quickly?

Probably because Scott's response was powerful and effectively undercut the original sentiment. It was a caustic thing to say and Scott put him in his place.

But the fine distinction here is that the tweeter's original missive was about political cynicism, not about race per se. In the process it made Scott into a pawn, and that is insulting.

View attachment 167208

How is that "racist"?
Pretty racist to me.

Yep. Pretty self explanatory. pogo is not too bright though so you might have to reeeeally spell it out for him....

Forum List

Back