Huckabee: We need to amend the constitution, Bring it in line with God

Psychoblues

Nov 30, 2003
North Missisippi
Considering that he has a special view of God, just whose God is he referencing here?

"At a Michigan campaign event last night, Mike Huckabee gave an interesting reason for why he wants to amend the Constitution to ban both abortion and gay marriage: Otherwise, the Constitution would be in conflict with God.

Huckabee first observed that some of his opponents don't want to amend the Constitution on both of these topics. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God," Huckabee said. "And that's what we need to do, is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards."

More Huckleberry hypocrisy here: http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2008/01/huck_we_need_to_a...

We need more of that!!!!!!!!!!!!

Actually, with that line ... and I WILL verify it ... he won't get MY vote.

He won't get ANYONE'S vote that doesn't thump bibles morning til night.

If there's enough of those voters, this country's fucked.

Actually, with that line ... and I WILL verify it ... he won't get MY vote.

If thats all it takes to lose your consideration... I feel bad for you...

Take out the word God and replace it with morality... and reread the speech

If thats all it takes to lose your consideration... I feel bad for you...

Take out the word God and replace it with morality... and reread the speech

Right. Dude is thumping a Bible. I don't care for Christian extremists anymore than I do any other extremists.

It breaks down as simple as this. There are hundreds of denominations with protestant Christian churches. Each preaches it's own special little doctrine. I'm not voting for someone who wants to legislate his church's doctrine on me.

Not to mention he's appealing to emotion. Logically, he isn't going to do anything more about what he considers immoral than the last guy or their predecessors. They'll propose legislation, it'll get shot down and they'll point fingers.

What's he going to do about Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Illegal immigration?
US dependence on foreign oil?
Outsourcing jobs?
My wallet being raped every payday?
VA benefits?

Those are REAL issues that affect REAL people across the board, not just in his church.

Right. Dude is thumping a Bible. I don't care for Christian extremists anymore than I do any other extremists.

It breaks down as simple as this. There are hundreds of denominations with protestant Christian churches. Each preaches it's own special little doctrine. I'm not voting for someone who wants to legislate his church's doctrine on me.

Not to mention he's appealing to emotion. Logically, he isn't going to do anything more about what he considers immoral than the last guy or their predecessors. They'll propose legislation, it'll get shot down and they'll point fingers.

What's he going to do about Iraq?
Afghanistan?
Illegal immigration?
US dependence on foreign oil?
Outsourcing jobs?
My wallet being raped every payday?
VA benefits?

Those are REAL issues that affect REAL people across the board, not just in his church.

Your point is well made... Originally I thought you excluded him for just that reason...

I do believe Huckabee has adopted the best and only workable answer for illegal immigration... Every other canidates solution is amnesty once you cut thru the bullshit...

The Pope was scheduled to give a speech at the Sapienza University in Rome. The students there protested, declaring that "he is hostile to science". A reference was made to a speech that he gave "in 1990, when he was Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger" in which he noted: "science has been used in destructive ways".

SO HAS RELIGION

Considering that he has a special view of God, just whose God is he referencing here?

"At a Michigan campaign event last night, Mike Huckabee gave an interesting reason for why he wants to amend the Constitution to ban both abortion and gay marriage: Otherwise, the Constitution would be in conflict with God.

Huckabee first observed that some of his opponents don't want to amend the Constitution on both of these topics. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living God," Huckabee said. "And that's what we need to do, is to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards."

More Huckleberry hypocrisy here: http://tpmelectioncentral.com/2008/01/huck_we_need_to_a...

We need more of that!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm glad to hear so many liberals protest against putting "God's standards" into the Constitution….therefore we can assume that liberals would also protest against putting "Secular Progressive standards" and beliefs into the Constitution as well? LOL that'll be the day.

I am all for States rights. Our Founders fought to preserve their freedom of religion and they practiced those various religions mightily in their various States. The Constitution left those things up to the States. We should continue to leave matters of marriage to the States. This would allow for many different variations of beliefs to exist in State law and everybody would not wind up under the exact same cookie cutter. That's also why I believe there should be no federal Real ID either.

I don't see Huckabee as some scary evangelical (scary to the SPs - yes:lol:) but he just proved that he's just another big government politician….like the rest of them.

I'm glad to hear so many liberals protest against putting "God's standards" into the Constitution….therefore we can assume that liberals would also protest against putting "Secular Progressive standards" and beliefs into the Constitution as well? LOL that'll be the day.

I am all for States rights. Our Founders fought to preserve their freedom of religion and they practiced those various religions mightily in their various States. The Constitution left those things up to the States. We should continue to leave matters of marriage to the States. This would allow for many different variations of beliefs to exist in State law and everybody would not wind up under the exact same cookie cutter. That's also why I believe there should be no federal Real ID either.

I don't see Huckabee as some scary evangelical (scary to the SPs - yes:lol:) but he just proved that he's just another big government politician….like the rest of them.

See... this is what makes you look unhinged. They aren't "G-d's standards". They're the standards of men who decided THEY know what G-d wants.

Guess what... psssssssssssst.... you don't.

The Constitution said no law abridging freedom of religion. And that means you don't get to make your religion or particular brand of a particular religion national law.

I do know how you hate that, though. It really might be time for you to find someplace more suitable to live.

I hear they make nice watches.

The cheese is great too.

And the snowboarding.

Their knives are really neat.

Swizzle sticks? Are they from Switz?

Oh, their policy and position in the world is pretty damn intriguing as well.

Man, I'm seriously considering this!

See... this is what makes you look unhinged. They aren't "G-d's standards". They're the standards of men who decided THEY know what G-d wants.

The Constitution said no law abridging freedom of religion. And that means you don't get to make your religion or particular brand of a particular religion national law.

I do know how you hate that, though. It really might be time for you to find someplace more suitable to live.
See this is what makes you unhinged….you can't even spell God correctly.

Have a little finesse jillian….we all know that belief in God is a belief held by men.

Of course the Constitution said no law abridging freedom of religion. I agree. So what's your big beef?

Maybe you need to move somewhere too….I think they should reserve one State specially for crazy SPs.

SPs?

how original.

It must such to know that the first amendment was talking specifically at people like you, dude.

I think, instead, we SPs will take all 50 states until your kind can repeal the first amendment.

Good luck with that.

SPs?

how original.

It must such to know that the first amendment was talking specifically at people like you, dude.

I think, instead, we SPs will take all 50 states until your kind can repeal the first amendment.

Good luck with that.

Wait...I think it's spelled S-P. :rofl:

Are you sure? You might want to spell it out phonetically in your head first.

He doesn't look unhinged. The hate appears to be emanating from you, instead.
You don't know if they're God standards or what..that's simply an opinion that apparently you think everyone should hold. Which makes you look every bit as unhinged as the evangelicals you obviously hate so much.

Forum List

Back