Huckabee Tweets: ‘Time to Repeal 17th Amendment’

Amen. Just what it needs to make that disfunctional group get back to work again.

Story @ Huckabee Tweets: ‘Time to Repeal 17th Amendment’

Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment? @ Allen West: How Differently Would Senators Act Without the 17th Amendment?

I love this:

Imagine if those GOP senators who blocked the repeal of Obamacare could be recalled by their state legislatures, if they could be subjected to a vote of “no confidence” and be removed! How differently would these senators act – or any senator? It would certainly preclude the arrogance and defiance of what has become a very lucrative club — not of citizen servants but of those who believe their political position entitles them to lord over us with no retribution, enabling them to become career politicians.

Not a surprise that the Republicans don't want voters to have a chance to decide on their Senators.

Leave it up to the Republican controlled state legislatures- much easier to control.

You know progressives could still implement all those wonderful government programs at the State level. In fact, reducing the size of the federal government would allow States to tax people EVEN MOAR!!!

Love how Republicans trust politicians to elect Senators- more than they trust voters to elect Senators.

Actually I trust the States to want more control of their own interests then a bunch of popularly elected washington types.

How dare the voters want to their popular vote!

I do believe you trust the politicians to elect a reliable Senator more than you trust the voters.

The people have multiple levels of the popular vote. The Senate was supposed to be for the State Governments to have a say in the Federal government, something they no longer do. It was a bad amendment and a bad idea.

Unlike you progressive twats, however, I do realize that another amendment is needed to go back to the old way.

Actually I trust the States to want more control of their own interests then a bunch of popularly elected washington types.

The feds should never have had this much power to begin with, returning the Senate to the States would be the first in a long series of needed fixes.

I trust the people in those states even more

Feds don't have power in the Senate. States do
And We the People decide state by state

Once you send a Senator to Washington they become part of the circle, and they know they can bypass their own State governments because of the popular vote.

The Senate was supposed to represent the people via their State governments, not bypassing their State governments.

We decided to cut out the middle man and elect Senators directly
Those Senators are answerable to the people not to back room political deals

After 2-3 terms they really aren't answerable to the people either. Arizona supported Trump in the election, and McCain told Arizona to go fuck itself.

What?

Arizona stopped having elections for the Senate?

Or did Arizona continue to elect Senator McCain- knowing exactly who he is- despite the objections of the Trumpsters?

When was the last time they voted for him?

Love how Republicans trust politicians to elect Senators- more than they trust voters to elect Senators.

The feds should never have had this much power to begin with, returning the Senate to the States would be the first in a long series of needed fixes.

Once you send a Senator to Washington they become part of the circle, and they know they can bypass their own State governments because of the popular vote.

The Senate was supposed to represent the people via their State governments, not bypassing their State governments.

After 2-3 terms they really aren't answerable to the people either. Arizona supported Trump in the election, and McCain told Arizona to go fuck itself.

A Senator has to make a case for re-election every six years directly to the people of the state

An appointed Senator only has to deliver on the backroom deals he made to get appointed

A Senator has to make a case for re-election every six years directly to the people of the state

An appointed Senator only has to deliver on the backroom deals he made to get appointed

The States can make the process transparent. And if you don't like State level backroom deals, I suggest avoiding New York entirely.

Oh wait, its Democrats mostly making those deals, never mind, that's probably OK in your book.

Forum List

Back