Huckabee: Schools "Become A Place Of Carnage" When "We Systematically Remove God"

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
Huckabee: Schools "Become A Place Of Carnage" When "We Systematically Remove God" | Video | Media Matters for America

By Nick Wing & Paige Lavender

Former Arkansas governor Mike Huckabee (R) weighed in on the massacre at an elementary school in Newtown, Conn. on Friday, saying the crime was no surprise because we have "systematically removed God" from public schools.

"We ask why there is violence in our schools, but we have systematically removed God from our schools," Huckabee said on Fox News. "Should we be so surprised that schools would become a place of carnage?"

This line of reasoning isn't new for Huckabee.

Speaking about a mass shooting in Aurora, Colo. over the summer, the former GOP presidential candidate claimed that such violent episodes were a function of a nation suffering from the removal of religion from the public sphere.

"We don't have a crime problem, a gun problem or even a violence problem. What we have is a sin problem," Huckabee said on Fox News. "And since we've ordered God out of our schools, and communities, the military and public conversations, you know we really shouldn't act so surprised ... when all hell breaks loose."

Mike Huckabee: Newtown Shooting No Surprise, We've 'Systematically Removed God' From Schools

He's only saying what many are thinking, just look at some of the posts today. Apparently, gays, abortion, and single mothers are to blame for mass shooting sprees.

I'm waiting for Pat to come out, call us Sodom and Gomorrah and talk about how those kids died because of gods wrath.

Betcha there are a lot more Christians in our jails than atheists, not saying they are good Christians.

This is the same guy who had Arkansas schools begin measuring body fat, teaching "body awareness," in KINDERGARTEN, notifying parents that their kids are too fat and offering to send a state bureaucrat into the home to "help" them be healthy while Governor. He also sicced the State Police onto people smoking in cars with children. He's also the guy who said in an interview (wish I could find it!) that the government has a role to play in "healthy" living and, yes, that includes coercive tactics like higher taxes and mandated activity.

I guess he also thinks government has a roll to play in the spiritual and religious upbringing of children via the public schools. I wonder if that includes Muslim's or Jews or Wicccan's too?

And he claims to be a "conservative?" Worse, too many people actually think he IS!

This is the same guy who had Arkansas schools begin measuring body fat, teaching "body awareness," in KINDERGARTEN, notifying parents that their kids are too fat and offering to send a state bureaucrat into the home to "help" them be healthy while Governor. He also sicced the State Police onto people smoking in cars with children. He's also the guy who said in an interview (wish I could find it!) that the government has a role to play in "healthy" living and, yes, that includes coercive tactics like higher taxes and mandated activity.

I guess he also thinks government has a roll to play in the spiritual and religious upbringing of children via the public schools. I wonder if that includes Muslim's or Jews or Wicccan's too?

And he claims to be a "conservative?" Worse, too many people actually think he IS!
Was that when he started running and lost all that weight? He gained it all back.

How would Huckabee explain the so-called absence of God in the Amish school shootings where five girls were killed and six were wounded in PARADISE, Pennsylvania on October 2, 2006?

He is only giving his opinion. As a non believer I find the responses to him in this thread far more offensive. I guess tollerance of others isn't extended to christians or anyone else you disagree with....

Was that when he started running and lost all that weight? He gained it all back.

It was about that time, or shortly thereafter.

He is only giving his opinion. As a non believer I find the responses to him in this thread far more offensive. I guess tollerance of others isn't extended to christians or anyone else you disagree with....

Yes, he's only giving his opinion, which is his right.

However, he's also a guy who lusts after being President of the United States and is a member of a major party which agrees with him in principle as a matter of policy.

What an asshole. I wonder if he realizes that school shootings are mostly in America. I wonder what his rationalization of European and Asian schools which don't have religion in them and don't seem to be having this problem.

"We don't have a crime problem, a gun problem or even a violence problem. What we have is a sin problem," Huckabee said on Fox News. "And since we've ordered God out of our schools, and communities, the military and public conversations, you know we really shouldn't act so surprised ... when all hell breaks loose."

I seriously believe Huckabee needs a thorough psychological examination. Seriously...

Forum List

Back