Huckabee/Palin in 2012

the delivery is vastly different

Well, I'm not one to vote based on how the message is delivered. The message itself is really all that matters.

The Republican party could do a lot better if they looked at it the same way.

Seems to be a good reason why Fred didn't do better, too. That's going to have to stop if the party wants a good conservative on the ticket.

I'm telling you though, I think Paul could have beaten Obama. Maybe the newsletter thing might have become an issue, but besides that, he would have been able to get the moderate vote that McCain couldn't get. And he no comparison to Bush, either.

Only my opinion though.

Well, I'm not one to vote based on how the message is delivered. The message itself is really all that matters.

The Republican party could do a lot better if they looked at it the same way.

Seems to be a good reason why Fred didn't do better, too. That's going to have to stop if the party wants a good conservative on the ticket.

I'm telling you though, I think Paul could have beaten Obama. Maybe the newsletter thing might have become an issue, but besides that, he would have been able to get the moderate vote that McCain couldn't get. And he no comparison to Bush, either.

Only my opinion though.
if you dont think delivery matters, then you have lost any lesson from this past election

here we have a case of either no message at all, or the wrong message, and it being delivered very well won

Pretty hard to do if the MSM isn't going to kneel down and suck your cock.

Which pretty much puts Flake out of the running.

It won't be until we tell the MSM to go fuck themselves, that we get what WE want out of our political system. Until then, the electorate is at the mercy of the media.

Sooner or later voters need to start realizing that the media pimps who is best for the establishment, not the little people.

I couldn't agree with you more. The media really needs to fuck off and die.

Here's a suggestion as a republican conservative, which I am... Get rid of palin, huckabee, and anyone that ran this year with the trash. They are going to kill our party for sure! Perhaps Romeny and Pawlenty, but anyone else will make the Republican Party lose all support. I guess its good if you are the Dems or a third party, but come on! Palin should go... now. So should Huckabee, he has nothing to offer. As a political scientist these would finish the Republican party. If red-neck, knuckle dragging, fascist, pricks are what you want the party to look like than keep them. We need some one good looking, charismatic, and on-topic. We also need someone that has a message to share about conservative politics. Get rid of all the crap that Palin was pushing and that corrupted McCain's message. Stick with what we were good at decades ago until Sarah Palins were nominated, strong economic policy and limited gov't. Man our party is going to the crapper...

Here's what you miss about Palin: yes, she's an evangelical Republican, but she does not try to force her moral views down everyone's throats. She vetoed a bill in Alaska that limited certain rights to gay couples because she felt it was unconstitutional.

What sort of justices would she have picked. be honest. WOuld she have wanted justices that would overturn Roe?

What sort of justices would she have picked. be honest. WOuld she have wanted justices that would overturn Roe?

Yes, because Roe v. Wade is an unconstitutional attempt from liberals to legislate from the bench. It's not a matter of morality. Roe v. Wade removes the states' rights to decide.

Yes, because Roe v. Wade is an unconstitutional attempt from liberals to legislate from the bench. It's not a matter of morality. Roe v. Wade removes the states' rights to decide.
its amazing how few know the effects of overturning Roe v Wade
and how little it would do
but it is bad to legislate from the bench

As of now, if I had to bet my life on anyone to be the 2012 Republican candidate, I would guess Mitt Romney. But I do believe Jindal has a great chance as well.

its amazing how few know the effects of overturning Roe v Wade
and how little it would do
but it is bad to legislate from the bench

One thing it would do would be to destroy one of the most powerful campaign tools that the party has. Which is exactly why the Republican power base doesn't want it overturned.

One thing it would do would be to destroy one of the most powerful campaign tools that the party has. Which is exactly why the Republican power base doesn't want it overturned.
i cant argue with that much

but, there are those on both sides that seem to think it would automatically outlaw abortion, it wouldnt
it would put it in the hands of the states, where it belongs

i cant argue with that much

but, there are those on both sides that seem to think it would automatically outlaw abortion, it wouldnt
it would put it in the hands of the states, where it belongs

True. I don't even know why I posted on this topic. It's not one I'm emotional about either way. I'll leave it to the women to fight it out.

Thank god the people cant vote on roe v wade, because it would be gone in an instant. Im glad its the supreme court that interprets the constitution and not uneducated voters, thats exactly why prop 8 passed. People trying to interpret the constitution and vote on it. I cant imagine what the federal constitution would look like if we voted on each ammendment.

Thank god the people cant vote on roe v wade, because it would be gone in an instant. Im glad its the supreme court that interprets the constitution and not uneducated voters, thats exactly why prop 8 passed. People trying to interpret the constitution and vote on it. I cant imagine what the federal constitution would look like if we voted on each ammendment.
uh, the SCOTUS didnt use the constitution to do roe v wade or they wouldnt have done it
it violates the constitution

The WSJ's editorial on Palin this morning.

Our advice would be that she also broaden her appeal beyond the politics of cultural division. One unfortunate campaign decision was to turn Mrs. Palin's initial response to press criticism into a consistent theme. The Governor's stump speech took on an us-versus-them cast, framing the election as a battle between the "real America" and blue-state elites. Hard as it may be to believe, New Jersey is part of America too.

This was an odd turn for Mrs. Palin, given her reputation in Alaska of taking on her own party and reaching across the aisle. Her commitment to a set of principles -- cleaning up government, taking on crony capitalism -- is what earned her 90% job approval. Her decision to jettison that appeal in favor of a base-rallying cultural pitch turned off many independents and suburbanites. Mrs. Palin will need those Americans if she wants to rebuild a party that must win in places like suburban Philadelphia, Orlando and New Hampshire to retake the White House.

Palin and the GOP - WSJ.com

Then you can't say:

... she does not try to force her moral views down everyone's throats.

It is certainly a question of morality: Whether a single cell is a human life or a health cost to a woman.

And, I would point out, that no one has removed the individual's right to make this decision.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back