Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

I misseed the part in bold when I read the articles today. Care to link please.

It was not in any papers today. You can research Huck's own words on how he made decisions while in power.

You made the claim. Back it up with the source or concede you just don't know for sure. that you made it up.

Huck is on record saying what I said he says. You can look it up if you want. Or, I can make you look like a bigger fool than you really are. :eusa_whistle:

Huckabee is a reasonable person. I sincerely doubt he would have released anyone he considered a serious threat to society. Somebody prepared a list of people who it was felt may merit such treatment. Reasons were given both pro and con to that possibility. A decision was made.

Giving some of these folks a second chance may be a good idea. When that chance is squandered, they should go back to prison. This person was given eight more chances, which is nine more than four police officer were given.

He didn't release him. He commuted a 60? year sentence which lowered it to 47 years. The parole board released him.

Huck is to blame. He is trying like you, to blame the system's in two states. Why do you hate holding people to account for their actions?

Yet we are talking about this one time. It's about personal responsibility and group identity. The right is shielding a beloved (by the right) politician from the consequences of his actions. Shame!

I have already said that if that is the standard fine. We can string Obama up at dawn for his responsibilities which hahe resulted in harm to Americans at home and around the world.
Harm is caused by different actions in different ways. Obama will be held accountable for decisions he makes and so far he has yet to avoid personal responsibility the way Huck is doing. :doubt:

Your right, Obama just picks an underling to throw under the bus and drives on.

Huckabee is a reasonable person. I sincerely doubt he would have released anyone he considered a serious threat to society. Somebody prepared a list of people who it was felt may merit such treatment. Reasons were given both pro and con to that possibility. A decision was made.

Giving some of these folks a second chance may be a good idea. When that chance is squandered, they should go back to prison. This person was given eight more chances, which is nine more than four police officer were given.

He didn't release him. He commuted a 60? year sentence which lowered it to 47 years. The parole board released him.

oh, so his commutation only got him a lessened sentence....he still had to get board approval for his release.....sheeesh, the lies the dems have told in this thread is shameful.....

i believe the original sentence was over 90 years

I believe you are right. I told EZ last night the libtards would do this. And they came through just like I knew they would.

oh, so his commutation only got him a lessened sentence....he still had to get board approval for his release.....sheeesh, the lies the dems have told in this thread is shameful.....

I believe you are right. I told EZ last night the libtards would do this. And they came through just like I knew they would.

like clockwork....the extreme libtools have spread their hack meadowmuffins around this forum....nothing like turning 4 dead police into a political hack fest....

shameful

Huck is to blame. He is trying like you, to blame the system's in two states. Why do you hate holding people to account for their actions?

so you will take the two libtard judges in Washington to task for releasing the guy on 15K bail AFTER raping a 12 year old, AND AFTER he had 8 felony charges pending in Washington State??? of for sure.

try starting here dufus!
here we go...

As governor, Huckabee was unusually active in another area: reducing prison sentences. Huckabee not only pardoned or reduced 1,033 sentences, more than double the actions by his three predecessors, but he reduced the sentences of 11 convicted murderers, according to a tally by the Democrat-Gazette. A Huckabee spokeswoman said that because of changes in state law, Huckabee had many more applicants than his predecessors and denied the vast majority of requests.

Huckabee's push for the release of convicted rapist Wayne Dumond, who killed a woman after he left prison, became a campaign issue this month when victims' families criticized him.

On the stump, Huckabee has defended his record, arguing that many of the people whose sentences he reduced deserved second chances.
Chris Pyle, Huckabee's liaison to the state's religious community, said, "I don't think it was a notion of forgiveness as much as desire to see justice executed evenly, which is a component of his faith."

But victims' rights advocates worried that Huckabee personalized the pardon process. Two men convicted of violent crimes, one for armed robbery, another for murder, got reduced sentences after they served as helpers in the governor's mansion as part of their incarceration and got to know people around Huckabee.

One family was furious to find that the governor referred to the man who had killed their relative by his first name.

"I always liked Huckabee. I was one of those who voted for him until he started letting murderers and rapists out," said Dee Engle, who works for a group in Little Rock that represents families of murdered children. "Calling them by their first name is unacceptable."

In 1999, explaining a decision to reduce the sentence of a man on death row to life in prison, Huckabee said: "I am fully aware of the likely reaction to this decision and further realize the gravity of such a decision. But I must stand ultimately before God and account for my decision. I'd rather face the anger of people than the anger of God."

so you will take the two libtard judges in Washington to task for releasing the guy on 15K bail AFTER raping a 12 year old, AND AFTER he had 8 felony charges pending in Washington State??? of for sure.

Bail is a constitutional right. Why do you hate the Bill of Rights?

I see you holding Mr Huckabee responsible, not the trigger man. :cuckoo:

Good things to know you two. Thank you. Could all of you take it down a notch, we are trying to morn the loss of four peace officers here. Much appreciated.

:clap2:

:clap2:

WOW! You leave me underwhelmed again. You go girl.

A right wing religious hypocrite gets caught and you predict people will talk about it?
:lol:

Good things to know you two. Thank you. Could all of you take it down a notch, we are trying to morn the loss of four peace officers here. Much appreciated.

wrapping yourself in the tragedy of people you do not know? how very conservative of you. :evil:

taking advantage of the pain of others? Shame!

Why do you hate law and order? Why do you give Washington a pass.. 8 felony counts violates his parole. They had every chance to put the mofo behind bars.. and just like that pansy clinton did with osama they turned the mofo loose to murder four cops. it sucks to be a liberal. they had 9 years of law breaking to put the mofo away and they did not do it.

Why do you hate law and order? Why do you give Washington a pass.. 8 felony counts violates his parole. They had every chance to put the mofo behind bars.. and just like that pansy clinton did with osama they turned the mofo loose to murder four cops. it sucks to be a liberal. they had 9 years of law breaking to put the mofo away and they did not do it.
I give nobody a pass, but Washington state wasn't running for President on a holier than thou platform, now was it?

Stop being so shrill. r u a girlyman/boy or a sorority-gal-on-steroids?

Yes, and $15,000 is a reasonable bail for that crime right? Basically you are trying to defend a four time cop killer. What a prize.

Forum List

Back