Huckabee frees Washington cop killer

Tell me what I don't get Rinata.

Read this article, learn the facts, and get back to me.

Huckabee is lying about cop killer's criminal record in Arkansas

I have no idea who Kevin Hall is and where he gets his information. I'm only going to say that I like MH and when I listen to him he seems honest to me. I believe him. Those are some of the same reasons that I like Obama.

MH explained his actions on The View the other day. Maurice Clemmons was sentenced to a 108 year prison term for his actions as a 16 year old youth. These actions included aggravated robbery, theft of Property, burglary, possession of a firearm. Period.

It was excessive to sentence him to a 108 year sentence for a series of robberies that he committed as a 16 year old youth!!!! So MH commuted Clemmons’ 108 year sentence to 47years, which made him eligible for parole. Also, MH lessened 4 of the 8 convictions.

MH is not responsible for letting him out of prison or for the awful crimes he subsequently committed. That's what I believe. MH felt so bad for what happened and I think he is sincere. He even said that he had no way of knowing what that fool would do. I think the fact that people are blaming him is really mean.

Are you a Democrat?? Well, I am. What if it were Bubba instead of Mike Huckabee?? I love Bubba and I would be so upset if he were blamed for this. Would you change your tune then??? Be fair.

:confused:

HE WAS 17. Good grief. You people are blind.

Regardless of his age, you think someone who is sentenced to 8 felonies (but committed many more) should only serve 11 years? Did you read about Clemmons behavior in the courtroom?

Threatening the judge, trying to take a guard's gun, hurling a padlock at the bailiff...mumbling incoherently, flipping off a state trooper who was testifying against him...

And Huckabee knew that parole board would immediately grant him parole.

At least the guy admitted to making a mistake because it does happen in the parole process.

So, only 1 of his 1,000 commutations and pardons was a mistake? Is that because it is the only one that has destroyed any future pollitical aspirations he may have had?
I think that the politicians should keep out of the judicial system. A person that had his day in court in front of his peers, and handed a sentence....that should be the last of it, and not a politician to come and change something he knows very little about. If a person does a crime, he/she should do the time...I'm a firm believer in doing all of the time.

You and the demoncwats come closer every day to getting your wishes. Most govenors will think plenty before ever agreeing to commuting a sentence again. Especially if they have political aspirations. Criminals of the world ROT in jial. Nobody ain't letting you out. I don't care if ya are 16. :lol::lol:

MH was on The View yesterday. I really wish that all of the people that are blaming him could have heard him discuss it. Here is some of what he said:

“I take responsibility for the commutation that I did nine years ago, but the commutation before me was not of a cop killer or a child rapist. It was a person who at age 16 was sentenced for 108 years, and that is a disproportionate sentence in my state for anyone who had ever done a crime like that. And he already had served 11 years of hard time.”

“But the reason we have executive clemency in our system of justice is because there are sentences that are disproportionate, there are times when the justice system failed. And our Founding Fathers were smart enough to create checks and balances, so that no one branch of government was able to act independently of the other two.”

Huckabee: ‘I Feel Awful’ About Commutation, but Defends Decision - The Note

How can anybody argue with that?? Why would a 16 year old boy have to spend the rest of his life in jail for an unarmed robbery?? Punish him?? Definitely. But not 108 years in prison. MH was correct. The punishment did not fit the crime. And all he did was reduce the sentence to 47 years.

So for people that think his political career should be ruined over this, you are all as wrong as you can be.

That won't stop them though Rinata. Just sit back and watch your party of destruction go to town.

Clemmons would still be in jail for his 8 FELONY CONVICTIONS in Arkansas, if Huckabee had not freed him. And those four cops would still be alive.

Mike Huckabee has blood on his hands.

And you have skidmarks in your underwear!

:confused:

HE WAS 17. Good grief. You people are blind.

Regardless of his age, you think someone who is sentenced to 8 felonies (but committed many more) should only serve 11 years? Did you read about Clemmons behavior in the courtroom?

Threatening the judge, trying to take a guard's gun, hurling a padlock at the bailiff...mumbling incoherently, flipping off a state trooper who was testifying against him...

And Huckabee knew that parole board would immediately grant him parole.

You're not even listening to what I have to say. You're a "right fighter" and starting to really annoy me. I was simply explaining why I believe Huckabee is not at fault. I am not trying to change your mind. But you are trying to change my mind. And I think it's because you just want to be right. Good luck.

MH was on The View yesterday. I really wish that all of the people that are blaming him could have heard him discuss it. Here is some of what he said:

“I take responsibility for the commutation that I did nine years ago, but the commutation before me was not of a cop killer or a child rapist. It was a person who at age 16 was sentenced for 108 years, and that is a disproportionate sentence in my state for anyone who had ever done a crime like that. And he already had served 11 years of hard time.”

“But the reason we have executive clemency in our system of justice is because there are sentences that are disproportionate, there are times when the justice system failed. And our Founding Fathers were smart enough to create checks and balances, so that no one branch of government was able to act independently of the other two.”

Huckabee: ‘I Feel Awful’ About Commutation, but Defends Decision - The Note

How can anybody argue with that?? Why would a 16 year old boy have to spend the rest of his life in jail for an unarmed robbery?? Punish him?? Definitely. But not 108 years in prison. MH was correct. The punishment did not fit the crime. And all he did was reduce the sentence to 47 years.

So for people that think his political career should be ruined over this, you are all as wrong as you can be.

That won't stop them though Rinata. Just sit back and watch your party of destruction go to town.

Well, I am following my own dictates.

Forum List

Back