Huckabee attack the government

HUCKABEE ATTACK THE GOVERNMENT
Because it helps people.

One of the big lies of Conservatism is their claim that they do support equality of opportunity, but just not equality of outcome.

They support no such thing. Conservatism believes that if you're a poor kid, your poverty is your problem.

If your poverty makes it less likely that you will get a good education, that's your problem.

If your poverty makes it less likely that you will be healthy, that's your problem.

If your poverty makes it more likely that you will end up in poverty, that's your problem.

Generation after generation after generation of living in squalor and not one can find the will or the pride to quit leeching? I completely understand helping someone out when they're trying but leeches can rot.

Oh, l'll let you guess which city.

You can condemn a child for 'leeching'? When does a child become ineligible for a decent educational opportunity, and decent healthcare, and decent food and shelter?

At what age do you declare a child as good-for-nothing, and thus undeserving of any assistance?

Because it helps people.

One of the big lies of Conservatism is their claim that they do support equality of opportunity, but just not equality of outcome.

They support no such thing. Conservatism believes that if you're a poor kid, your poverty is your problem.

If your poverty makes it less likely that you will get a good education, that's your problem.

If your poverty makes it less likely that you will be healthy, that's your problem.

If your poverty makes it more likely that you will end up in poverty, that's your problem.

go ahead---claim it's all the governments fault-----go ahead

It's the fault of the greedy and heartless who believe that a child born into poverty deserves the consequences of that poverty in full measure.

Generation after generation after generation of living in squalor and not one can find the will or the pride to quit leeching? I completely understand helping someone out when they're trying but leeches can rot.

You can condemn a child for 'leeching'? When does a child become ineligible for a decent educational opportunity, and decent healthcare, and decent food and shelter?

At what age do you declare a child as good-for-nothing, and thus undeserving of any assistance?

No, I condemn the parents who foster these notions. Not all but many.

Because it helps people.

What you stated is not true.
We want the poor to rise out of poverty. Doing what President Coolidge did, the poor rose out of poverty. Coolidge on Classics
We want all of our children to have a good education. Schools in poverty stricken areas are terrible. We want to change that, so that all our children are well educated.
We want health care for all, but not done by the Government.
Government taking care of all of us is not the answer.

Because it helps people.

What you stated is not true.
We want the poor to rise out of poverty. Doing what President Coolidge did, the poor rose out of poverty. Coolidge on Classics
We want all of our children to have a good education. Schools in poverty stricken areas are terrible. We want to change that, so that all our children are well educated.
We want health care for all, but not done by the Government.
Government taking care of all of us is not the answer.

No you don't. That's simply a lie. The private sector won't do it; they've never done it. If they'd done then the need to involve government would have never occurred, and the involvement of government would never have happened.

Don't lie about conservatism to me. Don't insult my intelligence.

You tell me. Let's end Medicaid and food stamps and public education right now, and then you tell me how soon we'll see America's poor better off than they are now.

Give me an estimate, and then explain how we get there.

No, I condemn the parents who foster these notions. Not all but many.

If someone robs a bank, do we send his children to prison?

What a shame. Huck was a great proponent of populist programs like Head Start, a big supporter. What a shame.

So you believe that the reason children born into poor families are less likely to succeed in life than children born into more well off families

is because there is something inherently inadequate about the children themselves?

Explain that to us.

No. Im saying that lying to them and telling them they aren't responsible for their destiny ensures that they won't ever pull themselves out of poverty. I have no doubt that most if not all people can pull themselves up if they work at it and accept responsible for where they are in life.

I wish you'd stop acting as though people are helpless. I've seen a 7 year old without hands win a handwriting competition. If she can do that, we can all do just about anything.

I wish more Conservatives in politics would be as honest as you are about your contempt for the poor.

BTW, why does your Church help the poor, if it's the wrong thing to do? Did Jesus get that wrong?

What contempt for the poor? I want to help them. That's why I dont lie to them like you do and tell them someone else is responsible for their position in life.

When are you going to figure out that government can not fix the problem. Only individuals can when they accept responsibility for their lives, work hard, and seek the help of Divine Providence.

Huckabee when re-elected raised taxes, even though the state was not in a pinch for tax monies.
I could go on for hours, but the last thing he did when leaving office, he destroyed the hard drives of the capitol computers.
He ain't nothing but a slick talking maggot
Slick-talking?

Hardly.

It's lookin' like he's back "on" the Twinkies, again, as well.​

Forum List

Back