Huckabee Admits To Supporting Illegal Children

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
Best Equipped to Battle the Clinton Machine

The candidate likes to point out that in Arkansas when he was sworn in as governor, only 11 out of 100 members of the state House were Republican. Furthermore, there were only four out of 35 senators who were Republican.

“I went into a legislature that was more lopsided than any other legislature in the country including Massachusetts,” Huckabee explains. “No governor faced a more overwhelming opposite-party legislature than I did and that legislature was heavily populated by people politically related to the Clintons.

“Bill and Hillary campaigned for every opponent that I have ever had,” he says, explaining how he took on the Clinton machine in Arkansas and beat them twice.

Huckabee notes that his unique advantage is that, in his opinion, nobody running for president knows the Clintons better -- and knows how their campaigns will be operated as well as he does.

“Believe me, the political machinery that they set up in Arkansas was the machinery against which I had to run every time I faced an opponent.”

Huckabee believes he can, and has, translated his Arkansas political savvy to the national stage.

“I think it’s really a matter of touching people at all parts of the spectrum. For example, I’m the first Republican in 119 years to get the endorsement of Machinist and Aerospace Worker’s Union. To be a Republican and get that endorsement at all is remarkable.

He even thinks he can tap into the African-American vote, citing CNN exit polls that showed he garnered 48 percent of the black vote in his re-election bid for governor.

Huckabee strongly maintains that he has the credentials to appeal to independent and disgusted and fed-up voters. He doesn’t have a Washington address; he’s not with the inside-the-Beltway crew and most importantly he is not part of what he sees as a highly discredited and unpopular set of lawmakers sitting atop Capitol Hill.

“Quite frankly this city isn’t just real popular out there in America right now, and if you see the polls you would say, well, boy, the president is not very popular. The only thing less popular is Congress right now.”

Huckabee does admit to one perhaps significant chink in his armor. Some might perceive him to be soft on illegal immigration.

He doesn’t think this is the case, however, and hopes that the rank and file voter will see that he simply wants to add a measure of fairness to the firmness.

“Some people want me to be a lot harsher [on immigration policy],” Huckabee explains.

“When I realized that there are kids [children of illegal immigrants] out there who are as good as me and they didn’t have a choice where they were born; they didn’t have a choice to whom they were born; then I have to ask myself do I really want to put my heal in their face no matter how hard they work?

“My soul won’t let me pander that issue any further than that and I’m not going to,” he says with determination.

Chuck Norris says that it’s Huckabee’s compassion for the children of illegals that is one of the factors that moved him to support his candidacy.

The actor teaches martial arts to Hispanic youngsters in Texas and sees any policy of blanket expulsion as counterproductive to the kids who are achieving the American dream through hard work and furthering their educations.

Norris says it’s all part of the complete Huckabee package.

“I really think that he’s a people’s president. I was always a people’s actor. Critics hated me. For 30 years all I got was negative press from the critics, but the people took to me and because of that I did 23 movies and 203 episodes of 'Walker Texas Ranger.'"

www.newsmax.com

This guy is unbelieveable. We need to do everything we can to make sure that he doesn't get elected. He will destroy America with his weak stance on Illegal Immigration and letting High Risk Sex Offender's out of jail.

Huckabee also raised taxes 21 times while governor, including a 16 percent increase in gas taxes and a 103 percent hike in cigarette taxes.

During his tenure in office from 1996 to 2007, Huckabee raised taxes overall by $505 million, according to FactCheck.org, citing an Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration official, who said the figure was adjusted for inflation.

Huckabee told CNN he has no regrets about the tax increases, saying they went to pay for schools and roads in Arkansas.

"There are times when that is necessary," Huckabee said. "Ronald Reagan raised taxes when he was governor of California. He raised taxes when he was president."

Huckabee also says he has no regrets about backing college tuition breaks for children of illegal immigrants or for fighting legislation that would have required proof of citizenship for state services.

"If you want national security handled by people at an entry-level state government, that's what you get, but I don't think anybody thinks that's a good idea," Huckabee said.

Rival campaigns privately are telling CNN they are considering attacking Huckabee for his role in the parole of convicted rapist Wayne DuMond.

DuMond was sentenced to life in prison, which Huckabee and others considered too harsh. After his parole in 2002, DuMond raped and killed another woman.

"It's horrible. I mean there's nothing any of us could ever do," Huckabee said. "None of us could've predicted what he could've done when he got out."

Huckabee said that the process leading to DuMond's release began under former President Clinton when he was governor of Arkansas.

But Huckabee admitted that he expects the DuMond case to become a campaign issue.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/12/03/huckabee.record/index.html

Noone could predict that Demond would offend again? He was classified as an extremly high risk Sex Offender which means that he will strike again. C'mon Mike you cant be that stupid. As far as it began under Bill Clinton, that is correct but Bill Clinton said under no circumstances would pardon or commute this guys sentance. Huckabee is a compulsive liar.

"My soul won’t let me pander that issue any further than that and I’m not going to,” he says with determination.

My sould won't let me vote for you, asshole. And I'm determined about that.

Forum List

Back