http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandra_Levy

That was an attack? He admitted to being a loser I called attention to that fact and you call that an attack? Well if you say so.:cuckoo:

The op wasn't attacking anyone, he stated "apologize for this losers" and you call that an attack?

Damn you people are truly stupid. It would be sad if it wasn't so damn funny.

So seriously. How many head of cattle are you running out there in Texas? 4? 5? It can't be that many with all this free time on your hands.

I grew up on a farm and we ran 300-400 head and it was an all consuming venture.

I know my brother who is a cattle rancher would never have the time to post on messageboard, especially as much as Lonestar does.

Ranching is a really just a hobby, I currently have 75 head of Beefmasters, they don't need much tending, I usually throw out some hay when I get home in the evening, feed my two paint horses, toss out of bucket of supplement every now and then. I have guys that mow, bale hay, mend fencing (when needed) and other things that I don't feel like doing or have time for. Twice a year I have a round-up to vaccinate and worm all the cattle and take the calves to market, and I swap out my bulls every other year. It's not a lot really, it's not a full time job by any means.

I also have two small businesses (co-own) with thirteen employees and I currently work as an advisor to an Engineering/Construction firm. In all honesty I don't need to work another day, I have enough money and assets that I could live out the rest of my life in reasonable comfort.

And right now it's lunchtime and I have a lunch date with a client.

But please continue with your little digs, I'll need a good laugh when I return.

Last edited:
Too late, you've already shown that you're not interested in having a rational discussion. You may as well continue with your trolling.

I see no problem trolling in a thread that was initially started as a trolling thread.

From everything I've seen from you, every thread is a trolling thread. You may as well admit it, trolling is all you do.

Not quite, muscleman. You're trolldar is way off.

From everything I've seen from you, every thread is a trolling thread. You may as well admit it, trolling is all you do.

starting a thread by demanding an apology from "losers" is anything but a troll?

really???

lol.. too funny.

Is that a question? if so, in response to what? I'm calling xotoxi a troll because it's the truth. And yes I find xotoxi to be humorous at times, we all need a good laugh even at my own expense.

it's a rhetorical question because we all know what the answer is. a thread starting out demanding an apology from the 'losers' is a troll and isn't intended to be anything else.

So seriously. How many head of cattle are you running out there in Texas? 4? 5? It can't be that many with all this free time on your hands.

I grew up on a farm and we ran 300-400 head and it was an all consuming venture.

I know my brother who is a cattle rancher would never have the time to post on messageboard, especially as much as Lonestar does.

Ranching is a really just a hobby, I currently have 75 head of Beefmasters, they don't need much tending, I usually throw out some hay when I get home in the evening, feed my two paint horses, toss out of bucket of supplement every now and then. I have guys that mow, bale hay, mend fencing (when needed) and other things that I don't feel like doing or have time for. Twice a year I have a round-up to vaccinate and worm all the cattle and take the calves to market, and I swap out my bulls every other year. It's not a lot really, it's not a full time job by any means.

I also have two small businesses (co-own) with thirteen employees and I currently work as an advisor to an Engineering/Construction firm. In all honesty I don't need to work another day, I have enough money and assets that I could live out the rest of my life in reasonable comfort.

And right now it's lunchtime and I have a lunch date with a client.

But please continue with your little digs, I'll need a good laugh when I return.

Luissa's brother:

415SWSCM25L.jpg

Lonestar Logic:

41XEUTFRzdL.jpg

Ranching is a really just a hobby,

You don't say.

How did I know that, before you even told me?

I think he's referring to his farm on facebook.

I've got to say, as someone who grew up on a farm, the concept of "Hobby Farming" mystifies me.

I can respect wanting to own some land and run some livestock, but it wouldn't be my first choice for relaxation.

Of course, when I was in High School, the demands of maintaining a farm weren't optional. It was a good motivation to play sports and go on to college though so I guess in the long run it did alright by me.

Ironically, the "conservative ideals" All Hat espouses are adopted by the party that also is in the hip pocket of Mansanto and all the other corporate Ag entities that are making it impossible for small farms to survive. After my little brother and I left, my dad basically had to get out of farming. He couldn't afford to keep it going.

Oh, a funny story: A guy I went to high school with grew up on a farm too. He went off to college and got a little crazy and got in academic trouble in the fall semester. After the spring round up, he got a package from his Dad. He opened it to find a bunch of cow horns (from de-horning) and balls (from castrating) and a note from his Dad that said "Now remember, if the whole college thing doesn't work out, the farm is always here for you." He didn't have any academic trouble after that.

I've got to say, as someone who grew up on a farm, the concept of "Hobby Farming" mystifies me.

I can respect wanting to own some land and run some livestock, but it wouldn't be my first choice for relaxation.

Of course, when I was in High School, the demands of maintaining a farm weren't optional. It was a good motivation to play sports and go on to college though so I guess in the long run it did alright by me.

Ironically, the "conservative ideals" All Hat espouses are adopted by the party that also is in the hip pocket of Mansanto and all the other corporate Ag entities that are making it impossible for small farms to survive. After my little brother and I left, my dad basically had to get out of farming. He couldn't afford to keep it going.

Oh, a funny story: A guy I went to high school with grew up on a farm too. He went off to college and got a little crazy and got in academic trouble in the fall semester. After the spring round up, he got a package from his Dad. He opened it to find a bunch of cow horns (from de-horning) and balls (from castrating) and a note from his Dad that said "Now remember, if the whole college thing doesn't work out, the farm is always here for you." He didn't have any academic trouble after that.

In my house it was considered a big deal when we came home after school to walk the dog. lol.. So I can't imagine it being a 'hobby' to keep a farm. I have a friend with 40 acres and they have animals (horses, dogs, some cows and chickens) but she'd never call it a farm. And still that's a massive amount of work, albeit it's a wonderful place to hang out.

It's like when they talk about 'family farms' and wanting to do away with estate taxes, they like to ignore the fact that family farmers mostly had the trouble your dad did and were essentially made unprofitable by the factory farms.

That's a great story about your friend. I can see where the package would have motivated him. heh..

None of you idiots knows one thing about raising cattle.

I've probably forgotten too much to do an adequate job of it now, though at one time I was a good hand.

The one thing I do remember, when it comes to farm/ranch country there are plenty of hobby farmers out there who like to fantasize that they are cattle barons.

That would be guys like you, All Hat.

In my house it was considered a big deal when we came home after school to walk the dog. lol.. So I can't imagine it being a 'hobby' to keep a farm. I have a friend with 40 acres and they have animals (horses, dogs, some cows and chickens) but she'd never call it a farm. And still that's a massive amount of work, albeit it's a wonderful place to hang out.

It's like when they talk about 'family farms' and wanting to do away with estate taxes, they like to ignore the fact that family farmers mostly had the trouble your dad did and were essentially made unprofitable by the factory farms.

That's a great story about your friend. I can see where the package would have motivated him. heh..

We had around 1500 acres. It keeps you busy. Though, the livestock was the easiest part of the deal. The hay and silage was the real work.

I am grateful for it, I just didn't want to do it for a living. With the current state of affairs in our country, even if I did want to do it for a living, it wouldn't be an option.

We had around 1500 acres. It keeps you busy. Though, the livestock was the easiest part of the deal. The hay and silage was the real work.

I am grateful for it, I just didn't want to do it for a living. With the current state of affairs in our country, even if I did want to do it for a living, it wouldn't be an option.

at least you had the opportunity to live that kind of life. it must have been a wonderful growing experience.

New Topics

Forum List

Back