HS star Wes Leonard dies after winning shot

Shadow

Silver Member
Aug 16, 2008
Land Of Enchantment
How depressing :(

CBS/AP) FENNVILLE, Mich. - A Michigan high school's star basketball player collapsed on the court and later died after making a game-winning layup in overtime to cap his team's perfect season.

Wes Leonard of Fennville High died Thursday night, Holland Hospital spokeswoman Deb Patterson said. A cause of death was determined to be an enlarged heart.

HS star Wes Leonard dies after winning shot - CBS News

Here's the other weird thing...he's the second hs athlete they've had drop dead in like 18 months.

CBS/AP) FENNVILLE, Mich. - A Michigan high school's star basketball player collapsed on the court and later died after making a game-winning layup in overtime to cap his team's perfect season.

Wes Leonard of Fennville High died Thursday night, Holland Hospital spokeswoman Deb Patterson said. A cause of death was determined to be an enlarged heart.

He died doing something he loved and as a hero.

It's sad..but I can think of much worse ways to die.

When they die, it's their time. Simple.

weird----then everything happens at the exact time it's supposed to.
That's not what I'm asserting.

I am asserting that when it is your time, it is your time and there is nothing to be done about it. It just is what it is.

I didn't say anything about "everything." Just death.

Understood. Just wondering if you thought anything happened when it shouldn't have.

weird----then everything happens at the exact time it's supposed to.

I am asserting that when it is your time, it is your time and there is nothing to be done about it. It just is what it is.

Understood. Just wondering if you thought anything happened when it shouldn't have.
I don't know when the "proper" time is for anything to happen, and don't worry about that. It's subjective.

I don't know when the "proper" time is for anything to happen, and don't worry about that. It's subjective.

Fate is subjective ? hmm

Last edited:

Fate is subjective ? hmm
What else would it be?

Of course, I also never said it was. I was addressing the subjective "timing" deal you seem to be dwelling on. THAT is subjective.

just looking at the "when it's your time" theory. I mean seriously. Is there anyway to ascertain if a death was timed perfectly ?

You might say "he died too early" and that sentiment is fine. It's subjective though.

What actually happened was, his time to die was right when it happened. And when it is your time, it is your time.

He died doing something he loved and as a hero.

It's sad..but I can think of much worse ways to die.

I had the same basic thought when I first saw this story. It's certainly tragic, and the fact he died doing something he loved and winning the game to finish a perfect season are probably little or no comfort to his family and friends. I imagine there is little that would be comforting when someone so young dies. Still, at least his last experience was a happy one, and perhaps in time those who loved him WILL be able to find some solace from that.

Right now the parents of all the jocks in that school are busy researching private schools, I imagine.

The odds are quickly stacking up...if you're a first string jock you might die mysteriously....

People who initiate negative contact, then piss and moan about unwanted attention.

Forum List

Back