HS Basketball team used as pawns?

Illinios girls Basketball team won their conference championship for the first time in 26 years and were invited to a major tounrament in Arizona. They have had bake sales and car washes to raise the money to attend. The Superintendant informed them that they can not go as the new immigration law in Arizona does not agree with the values of the school.They further added that it may put the students in a "dangerous" environment.

However, the exact same school has sent students to China and South America.

Lets discuss.

I don't see the problem. AZ made a decision to pass a law. Those individuals who do not agree with the law are choosing to boycott AZ with their money. If AZ truly wants this law, they will stick to their guns, if not they will fold like SC did when the NAACP boycotted their state for flying the Confederate flag on State house grounds.

this doesn't surprise me at all. of course you don't see the problem...that is EXACTLY the problem. Your inability to support achievement for the sake of damning your enemies is astounding. But it is definitely in keeping with your leader.

Illinios girls Basketball team won their conference championship for the first time in 26 years and were invited to a major tounrament in Arizona. They have had bake sales and car washes to raise the money to attend. The Superintendant informed them that they can not go as the new immigration law in Arizona does not agree with the values of the school.They further added that it may put the students in a "dangerous" environment.

Lets discuss.

I don't see the problem. AZ made a decision to pass a law. Those individuals who do not agree with the law are choosing to boycott AZ with their money. If AZ truly wants this law, they will stick to their guns, if not they will fold like SC did when the NAACP boycotted their state for flying the Confederate flag on State house grounds.

You defelcted the issue.
The iussue is not the law. You decided to make that the issue.

The issue is that a school Super has decided to allow her own political stance affect her decisions as it pertains to the children of her school system.

How can you miss that?

I could have sworn your article stated that the Principal felt the AZ law did not meet with the SCHOOL'S standards?

REALLY? How many Americans have been shot to death in China this year versus Mexico and Arizona?

Ask this. How many people have died in China without due process this year compared to Arizona?
How many women were raped and enslaved in China this year compared to Arizona?
Holy shit. You really see China as safer than Arizona?
Jesus. You really think that China is more within the values of their chool than Arizona?

I had you pegged all wrong. You are simply a partisan hack on here if you support this action.

It makes me sick.

YOu didn't answer my question? I thought we were talking about American lives?

No. You opted to assume I was.
I was talking about safety. China is by no means a safer place to visit than Arizona.

REALLY? How many Americans have been shot to death in China this year versus Mexico and Arizona?

Ask this. How many people have died in China without due process this year compared to Arizona?
How many women were raped and enslaved in China this year compared to Arizona?
Holy shit. You really see China as safer than Arizona?
Jesus. You really think that China is more within the values of their chool than Arizona?

I had you pegged all wrong. You are simply a partisan hack on here if you support this action.

It makes me sick.

YOu didn't answer my question? I thought we were talking about American lives?

is there a difference? A life is a life...or isn't it?

You defelcted the issue.

The issue is that a school Super has decided to allow her own political stance affect her decisions as it pertains to the children of her school system.

How can you miss that?

I could have sworn your article stated that the Principal felt the AZ law did not meet with the SCHOOL'S standards?

The schools VALUES. ANd exactly who sets the "political values" of a school?

Not interested in your game playing. I really had you pegged all wrong.

Your stance on this is sickening.

You defelcted the issue.

How can you miss that?

Why is that? Because this is how our society works and I recognize it and accept it? If AZ wants this law (a law I agree with, by the way), then they should have the merit to stand on it regardless of the economic impact, right?

You defelcted the issue.

How can you miss that?

What standards could they possibly be referring to?

The kids were even paying their own way, you notice that? Under what authority can he stop them? They can still go down, but they should go as representatives of "Anonymous Jerk-ass Unified School district." They aren't obliged to stay in IL if they don't want to.

I have not confirmed this yet, but I heard rumor that if the students go, they will not be marked as "excused" from school but as "absent and truant" and put on their permanent record.

I can see no support for the super anywhere in this. Take the trip. It is never a good idea to knuckle under to tyranny,.

And in a rational universe, he is the one who will pay.

Why is that? Because this is how our society works and I recognize it and accept it? If AZ wants this law (a law I agree with, by the way), then they should have the merit to stand on it regardless of the economic impact, right?

this isn't about economic impact and you know it. well, maybe it is for you.

this isn't about economic impact and you know it. well, maybe it is for you.

Time out, bub.....are you attempting to say that IF the economic impact is too great that AZ will STILL keep this new law in place.:disbelief:

Lets discuss.

Except for one thing, the girls who make up the team roster and their parents want to attend the tournament. Assistant Superintendent Suzan Hebson has made, in my opinion, a political decision on behalf of the team.

You defelcted the issue.

How can you miss that?

What standards could they possibly be referring to?

The standards of political correctness

Weren't you guys calling for this bill, because it was so dangerous down there?

Who the hell are "you guys"?

I assume you would rather just keep instep with our fearful leader and roll over for the drug thugs and illegals who are breaking the law. You'd rather avoid hurting someone's feelings or offending their lawbreaking ass...wouldn't you?

Apparently you have something to gain from their presence...could it be the drugs? Or are you afraid that we will deport too many of your voters? What could possibly be your reasoning behind not wanting the laws of this country enforced?

You don't know what my opinion is on this, so I wouldn't go projecting all over the place. ;)

My son has over a 1000 friends on facebook. He will be creating a page supporting the girls or send the cause invitation if such a page has already been created. Ah the power of the internet.

Economic impact? What the hell are you talking about?
I am referring to NON arizonians being prevented from participating in a tournament IN Arizona becuase the school superintendant disagrees with the law.

Weren't you guys calling for this bill, because it was so dangerous down there?

Who the hell are "you guys"?

I assume you would rather just keep instep with our fearful leader and roll over for the drug thugs and illegals who are breaking the law. You'd rather avoid hurting someone's feelings or offending their lawbreaking ass...wouldn't you?

Apparently you have something to gain from their presence...could it be the drugs? Or are you afraid that we will deport too many of your voters? What could possibly be your reasoning behind not wanting the laws of this country enforced?

You don't know what my opinion is on this, so I wouldn't go projecting all over the place. ;)

A true debater and one that wants to have a conversation would not tease and instead offer their opinion.
Why are you not offering your opinion? Instead you ridicule others opinions? Why is that?

Add the Highland Park superintendent as another who doesn't think people should have to be able to prove their citizenship or legal immigration status.

Add the Highland Park superintendent as another who doesn't think people should have to be able to prove their citizenship or legal immigration status.

Hey, personally I have nothing against anyone with the same sentiment; even though I disagree with them.

I do have a problem with someone using their power to enforce their beliefs on others.

Forum List

Back