HPV Vaccine For Young Men As Well As Young Women?

Both sex's need to get this vaccine.

Though i do find it interesting the boys are getting throat cancer.

• Banned

Well, mebbe. I am certainly not even qualified to play doctor, but I think -- think, don't rely on me -- that oral sex will create a risk of thrush for a male. Possibly that creates a more hospitable environment for the HPV virus?

Well, mebbe. I am certainly not even qualified to play doctor, but I think -- think, don't rely on me -- that oral sex will create a risk of thrush for a male. Possibly that creates a more hospitable environment for the HPV virus?

What i find interesting is that both the throat and cervices are mucus membranes.

The STI no one ever seems to talk about, HPV, is causing throat cancer in young men in startlingly increased numbers. Do they also need to get vaccinated, along with young women?

Oral Sex Linked to Throat Cancer Increase in Young Men; HPV Vaccine Recommended for Boys

I took my 14-year-old son in for his annual physical at the beginning of the school year, and his doctor tried to convince me to get him the new HPV vaccine for boys. I'm not nuts about new vaccines when they first come out, and this kid hardly TALKS to girls. I told the doctor that Nicky would tell me before he decided to be sexually active, and we would come back for the vaccine. The doctor looked at me like, "Yeah, right", and then his jaw dropped when I pointed out that this is the kid who came to me to ask questions about growing pubic hair. I feel pretty certain Nicky will give me more detail than any mother could possibly want.

I wouldn't make either of my sons take it.

CDC - Health Concerns Following HPV - Vaccine Safety
Serious adverse event reports VAERS defines serious adverse events as adverse events that involve hospitalization, permanent disability, life-threatening illness, and death. As with all VAERS reports, serious events may or may not have been caused by the vaccine.
All serious reports (8%) for Gardasil have been carefully analyzed by medical experts. Experts have not found a common medical pattern to the reports of serious adverse events reported for Gardasil that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine. The following is a summary of selected serious adverse event reports that were submitted to VAERS between June 8, 2006 and May 31, 2010.
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS) has been reported after vaccination with Gardasil. GBS is a rare disorder that causes muscle weakness. It occurs in 1-2 out of every 100,000 people in their teens. A number of infections can cause GBS. There has been no indication that Gardasil increases the rate of GBS in girls and women above the rate expected in the general population, whether or not they were vaccinated.
Blood Clots
There have been some reports of blood clots after receiving Gardasil. These clots have occurred in the heart, lungs, and legs. Most of these people had a risk of getting blood clots, such as taking oral contraceptives (the birth control pill), smoking, obesity, and other risk factors.
Deaths
As of May 31, 2010, there have been 53 U.S. reports of death among females who have received Gardasil. Twenty nine of these reports have been confirmed and 24 remain unconfirmed due to no identifiable patient information in the report such as a name and contact information to confirm the report. Confirmed reports are those that scientists have followed up on and have verified the claim. In the 29 reports confirmed, there was no unusual pattern or clustering to the deaths that would suggest that they were caused by the vaccine.

Forum List

Back