Hoyer says border walls 'obviously' work, rejects Pelosi's suggestion that barrier is 'immorality'

What about the principle of a President shutting down the Government because he isn’t getting his way? Trump owned this one. He made it a wall or nothing game. There is no way you are going to shift all blame to Dems. The Dems do have some blame in the state of affairs but I actually respect them staying strong to Trumps strong arm tactics. That shit should not be how we govern and it should not be rewarded.

The Dems should put up a clear border security bill and market those ideas while Trump sits on his thumb
Then you'll respect Trump remaining strong in the face of their blithering idiocy.

Do you think Trump is being childish? Fine, call him childish and then fund the government with a bill that has the 5 billion for additional border barrier construction and get those people back to work, provided you care enough about them to do the mature thing and settle your disagreement with Trump AFTER the government is opened again.

At this point, it makes no sense to try and argue that there is a principle involved because you'll then have to acknowledge that both sides are standing on principles and the government can remain partially closed indefinitely. That would actually benefit 100's of millions of Americans.
I do think he is petty and childish. So are the Dems, but in this situation I can’t support rewarding a president for freezing the pay of 800k workers just so he can get his way. That’s insane. If Obama did that you would be losing your shit and you know it.

This isn’t about the wall for me, at this point I don’t think anybody should cave to his strong arm tactics or it sets a horrible precedent on how to handle future issues. This shut down nonesense should never happen again
I cannot support the childishness of two leaders like Pelosi and Schumer who in the past, voted for and appropriated money for the very thing they are now hurting 800k people with. Additionally, if Obama threatened to veto legislation to get his way (Something he did frequently when the GOP held the House and the Dems held the Senate), you'd be supporting him.
Childish is shutting down the gov over the wall. That was Trumps call. You can keep trying to turn the blame but it won’t work Trump owned it
I'll blame whoever I wish, without regard to what the left has to say.

The facts are the facts.

Democrats voted for barrier construction in the past, in fact, they passionatly debated for it. They now will not fund it because they oppose Trump and they have it well within their power to write -vote - pass legislation that opens the government and builds additional border barriers.

Trump has already compromised. It it BEYOND time that the Democrats started.
Yeah no shit. It’s pretty apparent that you just need an excuse to point the finger to the left and you take it every time. I guess I’m more interested in talking to people who can openly discuss the facts and not play blind partisan politics. Yes, Dems have supported walls and fences in the past, ive explained what is different now. You either didn’t read it or you are ignoring my points. Either way it’s getting boring

Then you'll respect Trump remaining strong in the face of their blithering idiocy.

Do you think Trump is being childish? Fine, call him childish and then fund the government with a bill that has the 5 billion for additional border barrier construction and get those people back to work, provided you care enough about them to do the mature thing and settle your disagreement with Trump AFTER the government is opened again.

At this point, it makes no sense to try and argue that there is a principle involved because you'll then have to acknowledge that both sides are standing on principles and the government can remain partially closed indefinitely. That would actually benefit 100's of millions of Americans.
I do think he is petty and childish. So are the Dems, but in this situation I can’t support rewarding a president for freezing the pay of 800k workers just so he can get his way. That’s insane. If Obama did that you would be losing your shit and you know it.

This isn’t about the wall for me, at this point I don’t think anybody should cave to his strong arm tactics or it sets a horrible precedent on how to handle future issues. This shut down nonesense should never happen again
I cannot support the childishness of two leaders like Pelosi and Schumer who in the past, voted for and appropriated money for the very thing they are now hurting 800k people with. Additionally, if Obama threatened to veto legislation to get his way (Something he did frequently when the GOP held the House and the Dems held the Senate), you'd be supporting him.
Childish is shutting down the gov over the wall. That was Trumps call. You can keep trying to turn the blame but it won’t work Trump owned it

The facts are the facts.

Democrats voted for barrier construction in the past, in fact, they passionatly debated for it. They now will not fund it because they oppose Trump and they have it well within their power to write -vote - pass legislation that opens the government and builds additional border barriers.

Yeah no shit. It’s pretty apparent that you just need an excuse to point the finger to the left and you take it every time. I guess I’m more interested in talking to people who can openly discuss the facts and not play blind partisan politics. Yes, Dems have supported walls and fences in the past, ive explained what is different now. You either didn’t read it or you are ignoring my points. Either way it’s getting boring
I point the finger where it deserves to be pointed. Both parties have kicked this issue down the road and it will forever go that way unless someone stands up to the morons who play these kinds of games.

Write or call Pelosi and/or Schumer and let them know that 800k people need their paycheck and that they can settle their squabble with Trump after they fund the government with money for the border barrier and other necessary security enhancements.

The facts are the facts.

I point the finger where it deserves to be pointed. Both parties have kicked this issue down the road and it will forever go that way unless someone stands up to the morons who play these kinds of games.

Write or call Pelosi and/or Schumer and let them know that 800k people need their paycheck and that they can settle their squabble with Trump after they fund the government with money for the border barrier and other necessary security enhancements.
Did you miss the video where Trump owned the shut down?! You don’t get to them point the finger at Pelosi for not giving Trump what he wants. And holding 800k peoples paychecks is not an appropriate way to govern. The Dems have put forward bipartisan budget bills that would open the government. Trump won’t look at then because he isn’t getting money for his wall. This is on him dude. The wall has nothing to do with those who are not getting paychecks, POTUS needs to grow up

Forum List

Back