Hoyer: Republicans Will Sink America To Drown Obama

By Brian Beutler

Add House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to the list of high profile Democrats who are publicly accusing Republicans of intentionally undermining the economy in order to defeat President Obama.

“There’s no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representatives to try to help the president move this country forward,” Hoyer told a small group of reporters in his Capitol office on Thursday morning. “I quote Jesse Jackson, who I thought said it best, there are a lot people in Washington who want to drown the captain and are prepared to sink the ship in order to do so.”

Hoyer: It’s The Economic Sabotage, Stupid! | TPMDC

Its absolutely true and the Republicans aren't exactly denying it. They are in fact proud of it.

cmonBabyM.png

No food? Really?

You morons aren't even believable any more.

By Brian Beutler

Add House Minority Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) to the list of high profile Democrats who are publicly accusing Republicans of intentionally undermining the economy in order to defeat President Obama.

“There’s no intention on behalf of the Republicans in the House of Representatives to try to help the president move this country forward,” Hoyer told a small group of reporters in his Capitol office on Thursday morning. “I quote Jesse Jackson, who I thought said it best, there are a lot people in Washington who want to drown the captain and are prepared to sink the ship in order to do so.”

Perhaps Congressman Hoyer and all of the Lefties can provide specifics or instances in HOW Republicans are undermining the Economy. Or, maybe Hoyer and the rest of the whining Left can show how Democrats refrained from undermining Bush, not only with the economy but in his efforts to defend the US from another 9-11 through initiatives such as The Patriot Act.

Here you go.

The Rise Of Cloture: How GOP Filibuster Threats Have Changed The Senate | TPMDC

http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2011/11/chart-day-republicans-and-filibuster

Last edited:
Ignorance is so powerful. And amazing. I first thought that there werent that many posters here interested in how, "politics as usually" IS DEAD. It has thoughly been replaced by "all or nothing", zero-compromise idiocy.

Don't bother pointing out how Republican congressmen haven't actually *performed* their duties in years. Because, honestly, in the minds of the Rs. stopping Obama no matter how much it hurts the country IS THEIR JOB.

And I just wanted to say one thing on that, have any of you conservative GENIUSES actually observed how a partly-capitalist society benefits from the complete inaction of government as compared to a government that still functions for them, but makes *some* mistakes over the course of say... 10-15 years?

in the minds of the Rs. stopping Obama no matter how much it hurts the country IS THEIR JOB.

And when you realize stopping Obama helps the country, you'll be able to stop whining.

Please, PLEASE give me some facts to back that up. A decent arguement, something. You and nearly every other right-winger in here has said, to some end, "Obama and his agenda must be stopped, PERIOD!". However, no one has actually said or came up with an argument that says, "Obama, and Everything he Does *is the worse possible thing for the modern U.S. Gov't* and here are some legitmate, supporting sources/facts for my argument.

And read the above carefully, I don't mean an argument about one or some of Obama's failed plans, I mean give some facts that says EVERYTHING he does is 100% wrong.

Note I said, "100%"

By Brian Beutler

Its absolutely true and the Republicans aren't exactly denying it. They are in fact proud of it.

What they are not denying is stopping Obama from spending over a cliff.

It is unfortunate that you can't get that straight.

Forum List

Back