How's Your Gaydare?

Who the hell cares if someone is gay? Why do gay people have to 'come out' anyway? I don't care who you sleep with . . . so stop telling me. Be a good person, be considerate of others, don't be an asshole, and life your life . . .

Imagine what a lift it'd be for lesbians if Oprah came out? Mebbe it isn't anyone's duty, but lying about being what you're not...whose duty is THAT, Zoom-boing?

You think Oprah is gay and you think she should 'come out' . . . . what about what Oprah wants? Isn't that her choice? If she were gay why should she 'come out' and announce it? Why can't she just live her life? If she were gay she's lying about because she hasn't 'come out'? That's ridiculous.

Jodie Foster has lived her life privately and it wasn't until recently that she openly said she was gay . . . and even that was done rather quietly. Doesn't make one bit of difference, she's a terrific actress and who she sleeps with doesn't change that.

I just don't get it . . . . gay people 'just want to be treated the same as everyone else' and at the same time also 'come out and announce to the world that they're gay'. If it doesn't matter who you sleep with, why the big bru-ha-ha in announcing it? Why can't people just live their life?

Jodie is gay? I never saw that coming. I agree..she's an amazing actor. I can't think of anything she's done I haven't found riveting.

The question is not "invasion of privacy". I agree that'd be wrong (though less so as to a celebrity). The question is closetting. Why, in this day and age, would anyone feel the need to pretend to be straight?

"Coming out" is needed because until the announcement, everyone assumes everyone else is straight. But most folks are -- about 90% of us will never have a same sex intimate encounter. What other system would we use? Assume everyone is gay until told elsewise? Make the straight people come out?

People always forget there are Bisexual people in the world.

I personally think they are the lucky people , they can choose from all the people to pick their one and only.

I don't mean to be a complete dumb ass, but really...there were no Bisexual folks until like a decade ago. LOL...make up your minds people! I know, I know...changing social conventions have allowed folks to explore a bit more. Even I have cast a lusty eye on a girlfriend or two, but never yet acted on it.

Onna the not so great things about dating men my age (in their 50's or older) is that so many won't wear condoms. And so many now feel free to chase after fantasies they've had their whole lives about transsexuals and gay men,. etc. Which I applaud. Really. Everyone go find your bliss, get your freak on, whatever. (F to F sex has the lowest of all HIV and STI transmission rates. M to M has the highest.)

But women my age have a HIV/STI infection rate that is second only to the one for teen aged girls.

Wear your lifejackets, gentlemen, and get tested regularly please.

Imagine what a lift it'd be for lesbians if Oprah came out? Mebbe it isn't anyone's duty, but lying about being what you're not...whose duty is THAT, Zoom-boing?

You think Oprah is gay and you think she should 'come out' . . . . what about what Oprah wants? Isn't that her choice? If she were gay why should she 'come out' and announce it? Why can't she just live her life? If she were gay she's lying about because she hasn't 'come out'? That's ridiculous.

Jodie Foster has lived her life privately and it wasn't until recently that she openly said she was gay . . . and even that was done rather quietly. Doesn't make one bit of difference, she's a terrific actress and who she sleeps with doesn't change that.

I just don't get it . . . . gay people 'just want to be treated the same as everyone else' and at the same time also 'come out and announce to the world that they're gay'. If it doesn't matter who you sleep with, why the big bru-ha-ha in announcing it? Why can't people just live their life?

Jodie is gay? I never saw that coming. I agree..she's an amazing actor. I can't think of anything she's done I haven't found riveting.

The question is not "invasion of privacy". I agree that'd be wrong (though less so as to a celebrity). The question is closetting. Why, in this day and age, would anyone feel the need to pretend to be straight?

"Coming out" is needed because until the announcement, everyone assumes everyone else is straight. But most folks are -- about 90% of us will never have a same sex intimate encounter. What other system would we use? Assume everyone is gay until told elsewise? Make the straight people come out?

Why do you assume that just because they haven't 'come out' that they're pretending to be straight? And if they do choose to 'play straight', isn't that their right to do so?

And? I'm never going to sleep with Neil Patrick Harris, regardless of whether he were gay or not. I'm never going to meet him! lol The only people is matters to (if someone is gay) are the people the person will be intimate with . . . as it should be.

Alexander the Great conquered both sexual hemispheres.

Sex is not a trend, it is a primordial blue print.

Alexander the Great conquered both sexual hemispheres.

Sex is not a trend, it is a primordial blue print.
dodgy-doll.jpg

Some men are attracted to this...yet we still think sexuality is black-and-white?

Why do you assume that just because they haven't 'come out' that they're pretending to be straight? And if they do choose to 'play straight', isn't that their right to do so?

And? I'm never going to sleep with Neil Patrick Harris, regardless of whether he were gay or not. I'm never going to meet him! lol The only people is matters to (if someone is gay) are the people the person will be intimate with . . . as it should be.

I disagree. One's status as a GLBT person will be a matter of personal, intimate life ONLY when hatred towards GLBT people has ended. When shit like this no longer gets aired, THEN it will be irrelevant:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6bDjkKnO_cM]YouTube - Gay Marriage Attacked in Retarded New Commercial[/ame]

I don't mean to be a complete dumb ass, but really...there were no Bisexual folks until like a decade ago.

And there were no homosexual folks until the 1960s. Or in Iran.

*facepalm*

I know, I know....but remember, I was the one who asked my friend who came out to me "Are you sure?"

I am no "sexual Einstein", LOL. Some things still confuse me badly about other people's lives....but I am trying to catch up.

Gimmie another 50 years and I'm sure I'll be current..... if everyone else will just wait for me, LOL.

Forum List

Back