~How's Your Gas??~

Ours is now $3.399
One year ago (December 10) here it was $2.939
Two years ago (December 09) here it was $2.599
Three years ago (December 08) here it was $1.899
(I save my gas receipts during my annual trip to Florida during December each year)

I would gladly pay $10.00 a gallon for gasoline if that price was high enough to keep 60% of the traffic off the road during rush hour.
Monday through Friday my trip from home to work is a 45 minute commute, work to home is 40 minutes. I can make the same trip at the same time on a Saturday or Sunday and it's 20 minutes. That's because there is (about) 60% less traffic.

This past Sunday, we had stations here standing at $3.09.
That is the lowest I have seen in ages......but today I saw they are back at $3.15.

I would gladly pay $10.00 a gallon for gasoline if that price was high enough to keep 60% of the traffic off the road during rush hour.
Monday through Friday my trip from home to work is a 45 minute commute, work to home is 40 minutes. I can make the same trip at the same time on a Saturday or Sunday and it's 20 minutes. That's because there is (about) 60% less traffic.

That's precisely what it will take to get folks to use mass transit, or carpool.

Just put in $30 worth at $3.349
I've quit filling my tanks and just do $30 at a time.
Sometimes I get pissed because no matter how hard I try, bam- $30.01 or $30.02.

Did you know that due to modern hi-tech, you can now go inside the establishment and tell them you want exactly $30.00 worth (or whatever amount you choose) and they can set the gas pump to turn off at exactly your predetermined amount?
I just fill the tank every time regardless, but I know that to be true. :)

That's precisely what it will take to get folks to use mass transit, or carpool.
Or, alternatively, they could take the $800 million they spent on a fucking light rail to service 5% of commuters and spend $400 million on widening the roads that service 55% of commuters.
Sorry, just ranting about what happened where I live.

Just put in $30 worth at $3.349
I've quit filling my tanks and just do $30 at a time.
Sometimes I get pissed because no matter how hard I try, bam- $30.01 or $30.02.

Did you know that due to modern hi-tech, you can now go inside the establishment and tell them you want exactly $30.00 worth (or whatever amount you choose) and they can set the gas pump to turn off at exactly your predetermined amount?
I just fill the tank every time regardless, but I know that to be true. :)

Yup. I think that was borne from the "pre-pay" pump.
Pre-pay as in 'you look like a shady character' pump. :D

Forum List

Back