How's the traffic?

del

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2008
on a one way cul-de-sac
BEIJING—A massive traffic jam in north China that stretches for dozens of miles and hit its 10-day mark on Tuesday stems from road construction in Beijing that won't be finished until the middle of next month, an official said.

Bumper-to-bumper gridlock spanning for 60 miles (100 kilometers) with vehicles moving little more than a half-mile (one kilometer) a day at one point has improved since this weekend, said Zhang Minghai, director of Zhangjiakou city's Traffic Management Bureau general office.

China's massive traffic jam could last for weeks - Boston.com

:eek:

BEIJING—A massive traffic jam in north China that stretches for dozens of miles and hit its 10-day mark on Tuesday stems from road construction in Beijing that won't be finished until the middle of next month, an official said.

Bumper-to-bumper gridlock spanning for 60 miles (100 kilometers) with vehicles moving little more than a half-mile (one kilometer) a day at one point has improved since this weekend, said Zhang Minghai, director of Zhangjiakou city's Traffic Management Bureau general office.

China's massive traffic jam could last for weeks - Boston.com

:eek:

Ni hou. I'm going to be late for work, boss.

And if you think your state is bad.

China's massive traffic jam could last for weeks | Asian Correspondent

A massive traffic jam in north China that stretches for dozens of miles and hit its 10-day mark on Tuesday stems from road construction in Beijing that won't be finished until the middle of next month, an official said.

Bumper-to-bumper gridlock spanning for 60 miles (100 kilometers) with cars moving little more than a half-mile (one kilometer) a day at one point has improved since this weekend, said Zhang Minghai, director of Zhangjiakou city's Traffic Management Bureau general office.

But he said he wasn't sure when the situation along the Beijing-Zhangjiakou highway would return to normal.

The traffic jam started Aug. 14 on a stretch of the Beijing-Zhangjiakou highway. That section has frequently been congested, especially after large coalfields were discovered in Inner Mongolia, Zhang said. Traffic volume has increased 40 percent every year.

If I see FIFTY cars driving on the roads in the town I'm in???

Well...

I never have.

IF I did?

I'd be willing to believe that that whole War of the Worlds/Eruption of the Sea Floor/Invasion of the Body Snatchers type of scenario was playing out,

right before my very eyes! :lol:

Out at the ranch?

If I saw TEN other vehicles, I'd be doing the very same Freak Out.

For real.

We passed a bond here a few years ago, and we have doing every major road for the last three summers. I hate road contruction. By the time they are done, they will have to start all over again. :(

I would leave my car if I was stuck there for that long.

By 2030, China will have 221 cities with more than 1 million people. In comparison, the U.S has ten.

What IS it?

They have FORCED population expansion... no. that's now the word...

something that has to do with CONTROL.

We have to be killed off, don't we?

No matter what, we resort to procreation.

In Africa, where birth IS a "death sentence,"

yet and still, we get together and procreate.

STARVING peeps make love to each other...

Well, homosexuality is put paid to, imho,

as well as the history of that science.

We don't STOP. We continue to STRIVE.

You know what?

I think we ALL want a better world, for "me and mine,"

"us, and ours,"

for ALL of humanity.

And you know what?

Dear God! I hope THAT's a true saying!

We passed a bond here a few years ago, and we have doing every major road for the last three summers. I hate road contruction. By the time they are done, they will have to start all over again. :(

I would leave my car if I was stuck there for that long.

And you would like to see the government take control of healthcare?

when we pull out of our road to us1, if we see 3-5 cars, we complain about how heavy the traffic is in the summer up here!!! :D no joke, we really do!

My morning traffic sucked!
We're on day four of wind and driving rain. The commuters, the stupid ones are even more stupid now. Take for instance the young lady driving in front of me this morning in the passing lane, way below the speed limit ... no one out in front of her. She finally moved over into another lane .... chit chatting on her cell phone. Stupid moron. Pay attention to your driving!!!! Not your damn telephone call! If you haven't noticed ... the weather sucks!

I suspect that we are approaching the time when, if we all get in our cars at the same time and put them on the roads, we will have nationwide gridlock. But of course we all have an inalienable right to have a car(or several), me included. Have a nice trip. Pappadave.

Forum List

Back