How's that outreach to the Muslim world going?

And how is that whole "big tent" outreach going? When IS Michael Steele going to go after the black voters with his "bling and hip-hop" strategery anyway?

And how is that whole "big tent" outreach going? When IS Michael Steele going to go after the black voters with his "bling and hip-hop" strategery anyway?

How is that an appropriate response to what I posted? Do you even understand what was posted?

How is that an appropriate response to what I posted? Do you even understand what was posted?

I most certainly do. WHY you posted it, since you don't really give a shit about how the Muslim world views us, is the part I am struggling with....

I most certainly do. WHY you posted it, since you don't really give a shit about how the Muslim world views us, is the part I am struggling with....

Nothing to struggle with. One of Obama's promises was that other nations would love us once he became president and did away with that nasty old white cracker George W Bush.
He was the one who emphasized having other nations love us should be the cornerstone of foreign policy.
It wasn't true.
And even if it were true, this article shows his strategy is failing badly.

Nothing to struggle with. One of Obama's promises was that other nations would love us once he became president and did away with that nasty old white cracker George W Bush.
He was the one who emphasized having other nations love us should be the cornerstone of foreign policy.
It wasn't true.

How so? The article you linked to concerns the Disclose Act and the NRA.

I was watching a show on Travel to Iran and how had it changed or had it. The curious thing was the people, average Muslim people have a favorable opinion of America since Bush is gone. Generational change is a good thing, after all it took fifty years for the soviet union to collapse and even now democracy is having a tough go of it. Conservative forces fight progress.

History moves slowly or maybe fast but we humans live only a brief second of time. Not so long ago liberal constitutional democracy did not even exist. Today it has accomplished the most good for many people. The only fear is the power to create dummies that propels the likes Rush Sarah and Glenn, they are impediments to progress and even to common sense.

"The 20th century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: The growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy." Alex Carey

The Rhetoric of Reaction - Albert O. Hirschman - Harvard University Press

"He argues that a triplet of 'rhetorical' criticisms--perversity, futility, and jeopardy--'has been unfailingly leveled' by 'reactionaries' at each major progressive reform of the past 300 years--those T. H. Marshall identified with the advancement of civil, political and social rights of citizenship...Charmingly written, this book can benefit a diverse readership."

It wasn't true.

Whoops. My bad.
How Muslim world feels about Obama: disappointed - CSMonitor.com
But thanks for proving that VaWank never bothered to read the article.

"“Where we see the lack of support is for the US-led actions” like the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, said John Danforth, co-chair of the Pew Global Attitudes Project, at the Monitor breakfast. “The more concrete the actions, the less they like the US,” said the former US senator and former US ambassador to the United Nations."

Countries that have a torn view of whether a Religious War, a war for Resources, or a War for Security/Peace is being fought probably are going to have a torn view of the Country that's involved in the War.

Countries generally don't like to see other countries that are strong and self-sufficient.

But what they REALLY hate are countries that invade other countries for no apparent reason.

Now, the really strange part. You would think that Muslim countries would like Republicans the best. After all, look how well Republicans advanced the Islamic cause:

That nasty secular government of Iraq has been replaced with a hard right Islamic Government making Islam the "national religion" and stating, by constitution, that ALL legislation is to based on Islam.

Women have been put into Burkas (are ANY Republicans against that?)

Gays are being systematically wiped out (at least Muslims and American Confederate Republicans agree on something)

The Iraqi "Christian Problem" has been mostly "solved" now that most have been chased out of their country, forced to convert to Islam or simply, "disappeared".

Of course, Republicans supported the "public option" (article 31) for health care in the Iraqi constitution. They don't have all those hearth care companies to support.

When you point out all the success that Republicans had in Iraq, for some reason, they become really angry. Isn't that odd?

Last edited by a moderator:
It wasn't true.

Whoops. My bad.

You might want to try to edit the original OP and add the proper link in there. Just make a note of the edit.

Last edited:

Whoops. My bad.

You might want to try to edit the original OP and add the proper link in there. Just make a note of the edit.

I could. But the other article is good too, even if off topic and anything that makes VaWank look stupid is worth keeping.

Countries generally don't like to see other countries that are strong and self-sufficient.

But what they REALLY hate are countries that invade other countries for no apparent reason.

Now, the really strange part. You would think that Muslim countries would like Republicans the best. After all, look how well Republicans advanced the Islamic cause:

That nasty secular government of Iraq has been replaced with a hard right Islamic Government making Islam the "national religion" and stating, by constitution, that ALL legislation is to based on Islam.

Women have been put into Burkas (are ANY Republicans against that?)

Gays are being systematically wiped out (at least Muslims and American Confederate Republicans agree on something)

The Iraqi "Christian Problem" has been mostly "solved" now that most have been chased out of their country, forced to convert to Islam or simply, "disappeared".

Of course, Republicans supported the "public option" (article 31) for health care in the Iraqi constitution. They don't have all those hearth care companies to support.

When you point out all the success that Republicans had in Iraq, for some reason, they become really angry. Isn't that odd?

Do you even see the problem with your position?

Bush set up an Islamic regime in Iraq. Muslims hate us because we invaded Iraq and set up an Islamic regime. Muslims hate us because we support Islam. Does that make sense to you, because it doesn't in the real world.

What Republicans, and Democrats, support is that other nations are sovereign, they get to make their own choices and set up their own constitution and government. You, on the other hand, want to impose your own ideas on other people, force them to accept your definition of freedom, and not have life insurance.

I just had an epiphany, you are actually a right winger who is upset that the Republicans are not as wacko as you are. All this time I thought you were attacking republicans because you are a Democrat, and the truth is that you actually want them to be more totalitarian.

All that bowing and apologizing stuff was just so lame. I think most Americans agree with me on that. This President was perceived as being weak and womanly by most Muslims. And we all know how Muslims treat their women. This President is now their little B*tch. It is sad but it is what it is.

Forum List

Back