How's about a POLL?

Dan

Aug 28, 2003
Aiken, SC
Aight here we go, I'll warn you, some of these are sort of deep. But some aren't.

1) What is the best horror sequel ever made?

2) What is the worst horror sequel ever made?

3) What's the first album you ever bought?

4) Have you ever bought more than one version or copy of the same movie?

5) Name three things that make your friends look at you and say "dude, you need help!"

6) Briefly, what are your beliefs as far as God, or some sort of omniscient power in the world?

7) Do you believe in ghosts? If you do, and you believe in heaven and hell, how does that all fit?

8) Did you have a senior quote? What was it?

9) When was the last time you lied?

10) When was the last time you got angry, not just irritated, but angry?

11) If life were really like The Matrix (ie. This whole world just exists in our heads and our bodies are hooked up to a huge machine) would you want to be woken up, or just exist in this world?

12) What's the funniest prank you've ever pulled on somebody?

13) What did you want to do when you were a little kid? (there can be more than one here, since kids change their minds a lot)

This seems to be a good stopping point, Lucky 13 and all that.

Either Evil Dead 2 or Aliens.

Take your pick,

Freddy 2-6
Jason 5-8
Halloween 3-8
Child's Play 2&3

I could go on forever, Sleepaway Camp 2&3, Silent Night Deadly Night 2&3. OK, I'll stop now.

Nirvana's "Nevermind". Technically, the first tapes I bought were the singles for the Proclaimers "I Would Walk 500 Miles" and Radiohead's "Creep", but "Nevermind" was the first full album.

Yeah, I taped Boogie Nights off HBO, then ended up buying the DVD. I had the tape of T2, but got the DVD. I had the bare-bones Almost Famous DVD, but then I got the special edition.

Kill Bill will take the cake, however, as I will without a doubt buy both volumes individually, then buy the full set.

5) Name three things that make your friends look at you and say "dude, you need help!"

a) I watch Dawson's Creek. Every day. I can tell you the entire history of every character on the show.

b) I love a lot of kids' movies and TV shows (anyone catch the Spongebob marathon a few nights ago?).

c) Apparently, I'm weird because I like being different. Eh, go figure.

there's about a million more for this one, I could go on for hours. But I won't.

6) Briefly, what are your beliefs as far as God, or some sort of omniscient power in the world?

I dunno who's right or who's wrong, but it seems to me that everything in this world is just up to chance. I gotta think back to the earliest forms of recorded gods, the Egyptian gods, and their gods were clearly created by the kings to keep the people under control and sort of brainwash them. Kinda like religion does now...

7) Do you believe in ghosts? If you do, and you believe in heaven and hell, how does that all fit?

I really wanna say 'no', but I've seen stuff in my apartment that really fits the description of a ghost. I'm not so sure if I believe in heaven and hell, so that question doesn't really apply to me.

It was sooooooo gay. Here goes:

"We may be through with the past, but the past ain't through with us".

It's from the movie "Magnolia".

In question #8. My real senior quote was "My dixie wrecked".

Monday afternoon when I got turned down for a job as a dishwasher.

11) If life were really like The Matrix (ie. This whole world just exists in our heads and our bodies are hooked up to a huge machine) would you want to be woken up, or just exist in this world?

Sadly, I'd probably rather just exist in my head.

Umm, in high school, we convinced one of our friends that one of the weird kids had brought a gun to school and had said he was going to shoot him.

In college, I called a girl across the quad at the dorms and convinced her I was a DJ, and if she did a bunch of dumb stuff (going outside and yelling "I'm a friggin' idiot!", etc.), she'd win concert tickets to Tim McGraw. She fell for it big-time, and she was going to drive to Columbia to pick up the tickets before I went over and told her the truth. She didn't think it was funny.

13) What did you want to do when you were a little kid? (there can be more than one here, since kids change their minds a lot)

Believe it or not, I've always wanted to be a director, which is what I still want to do. Just something that's always been in my head!

1) What is the best horror sequel ever made? None. They should all quit while they're ahead rather than trying to cash in.

2) What is the worst horror sequel ever made? Any flick in which the main character is played by a different actor in part 2. That really pisses me off!

3) What's the first album you ever bought? Madonna (just for the cover of her wearing lingerie)

4) Have you ever bought more than one version or copy of the same movie? No, but I did go out an buy 8 Mile by w/Eminem cause I couldn't wait for it to come out on DirecTV. Yes, I am a sad case.

5) Name three things that make your friends look at you and say "dude, you need help!" My tattoo's, my temper & my sister.

6) Briefly, what are your beliefs as far as God, or some sort of omniscient power in the world? I believe at times I am him.

7) Do you believe in ghosts? If you do, and you believe in heaven and hell, how does that all fit? I believe heaven and hell are the final resting places, but the deceased are allowed to come back and haunt or comfort. So yes, I believe in ghosts.

8) Did you have a senior quote? What was it? Had one, but for some reason they wouldn't print it. "&^%& you, I hope you all die"

9) When was the last time you lied? The other day when I went through the toll booth and said "thank you" to the rude bitch who accepted my $1. Why do we thank them for sucking our money away anyway? I really meant to say "shove it up your ass, bitch"

10) When was the last time you got angry, not just irritated, but angry? When I got shitcanned from my last job for reporting my boss to HR for making racial remarks. Yeah, sure, whitey gets all the favoritism. :rolleyes: May he die a long terrible death.

11) If life were really like The Matrix (ie. This whole world just exists in our heads and our bodies are hooked up to a huge machine) would you want to be woken up, or just exist in this world? Wake me up so I can go pull the plug out of Chuck's head.

12) What's the funniest prank you've ever pulled on somebody? I once lit a fire with a bottle of home made napalm in the street down a few houses from where we grew up. A fire engine, emergency truck and like 3 cop cars showed up. I tossed an m-80 down the raod by them as they were investigating! One of my proudest moments.

13) What did you want to do when you were a little kid? (there can be more than one here, since kids change their minds a lot) I wanted to be a professional athlete, preferably in the NFL. Unfortunately, I never grew again after the 8th grade (unless the belly counts)

I think the Hellraiser's

Jason X

It was either Bonnie Tyler or Leif Garrett! hahaha

NO

Not a dude! :)
but I will put some thought to that and come back, there have been many things I have done where I was told I need help!!! and still do! :)

I believe in God and believe in the word MIRACLES!!

Not ghosts per say, spirits, yes, I believe in Heaven and Hell - it's all up to you on how it fits in - you can easily follow God's ways, repent for you sins, or I suppose you can stay in hell.

Yes - Just shut up!

When I got paid and my Husband asked how much my check was for? hahaha

I get ANGRY everyday, think about it, there is Jaelynn, Jared & JOHN!! wouldn't you get ANGRY! :)

Woken up!

Made some ex-lax brownies on vacation with friends - of course, I didn't eat any!!! a fun night that was! :)

Wanted to be a Miami Vice - watched the show way too many times! :)

Honestly dont know. Is there a good one?
See above.
Heart...These Dreams??
Yes..Braveheart...Nightmare Before Christmas.
Oh alot..Jim you wanna name some?
Believe in God and the Catholic religion..just not the Catholic Church. Weird huh?
Not sure about this one. I havent seen one myself..so I guess not.
Would let me print it...it was...If your not wasted the day is.
Not sure about this.
10) When was the last time you got angry, not just irritated, but angry? I think the same day as Jim.

11) If life were really like The Matrix (ie. This whole world just exists in our heads and our bodies are hooked up to a huge machine) would you want to be woken up, or just exist in this world? Just exist. Woken up for what? Although..by Jims answer..guess I dont get a choice!! LOL

Bought ex-lax gum and chicklets. Ate the chicklets out..put the ex-lax gum in empty box and voila. Instant masterpiece!!
Football player mostly, but also, marine biologist, park ranger, vet, cop and astronomer.

I'm not really into horro flicks, but I did like Aliens, if that counts.

Bride of Chucky. Jennifer Tilly was the only saving grace of that movie.

Falco3... the one with Rock Me Amadeus. It was a cassette though. I never bought any LPs, though my parents bought me a bunch of Van Halen when I was a kid.

Yes, the Matrix, only because I first got the VHS before I got a DVD player.

1. When I laugh too hard.
2. When I act dorky (dorkily?)
3. When I get on my anal grammarian streak, evidenced by me actually asking whether 'dorkily' is a word.

As is probably well known by the regulars, I am a Christian, and believe in the God of the Bible, as revealed in the Trinity - God the Father, God the Son (Jesus Christ), and God the Holy Spirit.

My belief is that what we think are ghosts are really demons masquerading as spirits of dead people.

No.

Hmmm... I didn't tell my wife I went to Hooters last week. Does that count?

A spat I got into with my wife a couple of months ago. But we made up! :)

I'd just want to exist in this world, I think.

I'm not much of a practical joker... though I did pop around the corner and scare my stepmom so bad once that she fell down.

Be the President. Play pro football. Be popular. Be in a rock band. I've got the last two down now... working on the first two! :D

Jeff I did notice in your yahoo profile that it looked like you were jamming, so, any music for us that you can offer??? I am sure some of us would like to hear the band! :)

BTW, President, hahahaha, that would be interesting! go for it!

1) What is the best horror sequel ever made? Hmmm... narrowing it to sequels only leaves me the "Halloween" option. 1-3... the later ones werent that good.

2) What is the worst horror sequel ever made? Bride of Chucky?

3) What's the first album you ever bought? Geez. I cant remember really... I think it was Bryan Adams

4) Have you ever bought more than one version or copy of the same movie? I'm a Stephen King freak... I have The Stand on DVD and VHS (if that counts)

5) Name three things that make your friends look at you and say "dude, you need help!". If any of my friends ever looked at me and called me 'dude', I'd slug'em. :)

6) Briefly, what are your beliefs as far as God, or some sort of omniscient power in the world? I'm not quite sure what I believe there. Depends on the day I guess.

7) Do you believe in ghosts? If you do, and you believe in heaven and hell, how does that all fit? Yep. Sure do. Have a picture of one actually.

8) Did you have a senior quote? What was it? Simply put... buh bye.

9) When was the last time you lied? Ummm... Monday when I went home "sick".

10) When was the last time you got angry, not just irritated, but angry? When my cat pissed in my daughter's room. If I coulda caught the lil shit, I'd have choked her.

11) If life were really like The Matrix (ie. This whole world just exists in our heads and our bodies are hooked up to a huge machine) would you want to be woken up, or just exist in this world? Exist in this world. I hate to adapt.

12) What's the funniest prank you've ever pulled on somebody? Wasn't really a prank I guess... I peed in my ex's whiskey. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned :rolleyes:

13) What did you want to do when you were a little kid? (there can be more than one here, since kids change their minds a lot) When I was very young, I wanted to be a witch (goal achieved). Later I wanted to be in the nursing field (goal in the process of achievement)

12) What's the funniest prank you've ever pulled on somebody? Wasn't really a prank I guess... I peed in my ex's whiskey. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned

The best one yet! :clap:

Ok Lil..let me get this straight. Your not as innocent as we think, you have an actual pic of a ghost and you pissed in your ex's whiskey?!?!?!?! Man I think she even to strange/sick/demented for even us Jim!!! LOL

Ok Lil..let me get this straight. Your not as innocent as we think, you have an actual pic of a ghost and you pissed in your ex's whiskey?!?!?!?!

1) Nope... definitely not as innocent as people think...

2) Yep... I have an actual picture of a ghost. Its actually "family owned". My uncle has it right now. If I can get it off him and get it scanned, I'll post it for you guys... pretty freaky

3) Yep... actually pissed in his whiskey. Well... peed in a cup and poured it into the whole bottle of whiskey (the gift that keeps on giving and giving :) ) I even got to watch him drink it :D ... I also peed on his toothbrush, but I dont count that because I didnt actually see him use it afterwards. :rolleyes:

Doesnt make me a bad person... he really really deserved it

:huh:

Damn, I gotta try that with my Husband!!! though, he doesn't drink whiskey! but will have to buy him a bottle of something else!!! that's great! nasty, but great!

Yep... actually pissed in his whiskey. Well... peed in a cup and poured it into the whole bottle of whiskey (the gift that keeps on giving and giving ) I even got to watch him drink it ... I also peed on his toothbrush, but I dont count that because I didnt actually see him use it afterwards.

Maybe he didn't mind, some guys are into golden showers, what's the difference? :eek:

Doesnt make me a bad person... he really really deserved it

I peed on a guys leg in the bathroom at a bar once, does that make me a bad person? :p

I wish you guys could do what we did in High School. Me and two of my friends from our electronics course took a battery and ran it thru a transformer, which produced a relatively high voltage (but very low Amperage), and wired one output to the drain of the Urinal and the other output to a conductive metal plate in front of it. Now keep in mind we did not have the technology of today, there were no self-flushers, so made a sign telling people that when they stepped off the plate the thing would flush. Also they were located in the locker rooms so people were barefoot when they used them. Any way it was pretty damn funny when a Jock took a leak and his urine stream completed the circuit between the plate and the drain. Talk about someone jumping and I don't mean for joy. Anyway we got in a good deal of trouble, but it was worth it.

Glad to send you the schematics. By the way nice to meet you! You seem to be one of us for sure!

Forum List

Back