Howdy!

Caging (voter suppression) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Evidence of caging in the United States[edit] 1980sIn 1981 and 1986 the Republican National Committee (RNC) sent out letters to predominately African-American neighborhoods. When tens of thousands of them were returned undeliverable, the party successfully challenged the voters and had them deleted from voting rolls. Due to the violation of the Voting Rights Act, the RNC was taken to court. Its officials entered a consent decree which prohibited the party from engaging in anti-fraud initiatives that targeted minorities or conducting mail campaigns to "compile voter challenge lists."[5]

[edit] 2004 US ElectionBBC journalist Greg Palast obtained an RNC document entitled "State Implementation Template III.doc" that described Republican election operations for caging plans in numerous states. The paragraph in the document pertaining to caging was:

V. Pre Election Day Operations New Registration Mailing
At whatever point registration in the state closes, a first class mailing should be sent to all new registrants as well as purged/inactive voters. This mailing should welcome the recipient to the voter rolls. It is important that a return address is clearly identifiable. Any mail returned as undeliverable for any reason, should be used to generate a list of problematic registrations. Poll watchers should have this list and be prepared to challenge anyone from this list attempting to vote.[6][7]

Shortly before the 2004 election, Palast also obtained a caging list for Jacksonville, Florida, which contained a high number of African Americans and registered Democrats. The caging list was attached to an email which a Florida Republican party official was sending to RNC headquarters official Tim Griffin.[7][8][9]
The Republican National Committee sent letters to predominately urban minority areas in Ohio. When 35,000 letters were returned as undeliverable, the party employed poll watchers to challenge the voters. Voting rights groups challenged the RNC in a case that went to the Supreme Court, but the RNC was not stopped from challenging those voters. Similarly, the RNC sent out 130,000 letters in Philadelphia hoping to cage voters there. Philadelphia is a city with a majority African American population that votes heavily Democratic. The Republicans were attempting to cage votes by people who were likely to vote for the Democratic candidates

That is only one item.

You said policies. Plural.

Prove that every last policy of the right is racist, or you lied. All of their policies, don't just cherry pick one or two, otherwise your statement is a lie.

So, let's start seeing all that proof.

their ID voting push has been determined to effect minorities in an adverse way.

Their immigration policies have the effect of demeaning legal latino citizens.

These are facts.

I never said that every single policy was racist.

That is a false claim of yours.

Re-read your statement...

The policies of the right are racist

You did not limit your statement to only voting and immigration. Therefore, it is a blanket statement that all of the policies of the right are racist.

Now prove all the policies are racist, or retract your lie.

their policies of vote fraud are racist.

their policies of immigration adversely effect legal latino citizens.

Their policies of photo IDs has been determined to have a negative effect on people of color.

That is three policies.

That fits exactly with what I said.

Can't even admit that she lied when she made that blanket statement.

I guess the truth doesn't matter to her.

their policies of vote fraud are racist.

their policies of immigration adversely effect legal latino citizens.

Their policies of photo IDs has been determined to have a negative effect on people of color.

That is three policies.

That fits exactly with what I said.
Their policies of "Emancipation Proclamation" freed the slaves.

And back then the blacks voted for them overwhelmingly.

Since then they republican party has changed and they no longer vote for then in such large numbers.

And back then the blacks voted for them overwhelmingly.

Since then they republican party has changed and they no longer vote for then in such large numbers.

captain-obvious.jpg

Hey there, My name is Bennett, I am a 17 year old and I live in northern virginia. Some things you should know about me are:
1. I am a very adamant libertarian, and I cannot wait to jump into discussion with people of similar views
2. I love the outdoors, fishing and hunting are my favorites, followed closely by sailing and kayaking
3. I smoke pot, and I am quite open about it, and I will gladly take on anyone who trys to tell me the BS that you learned in 9th grade health class, and unlike many teens out there I am actually very well educated on the subject matter and will not hesitate to send you plenty of links disproving you!

I was actually arrested this morning so my amount of time online and not outside is about to skyrocket! haha, but enough discussion about drugs.

This place looks nice, I came here to discuss how our government has grown too large and how we need to start deregulation of corporations, drugs, and most aspects of peoples personal lives, such as what defines marriage (Let people do what they want, don't make them live by your standards).

haha, Ill save the rest of my rants for the proper forum section...

Well... Hi! :bye1:

Bennet...If that's what your name really is....

Hi!.... That said...

Libertarians are fools in MANY ways..not ALL ways ...but many for sure.

The individual human will is not as important as it once was in society. Yes it is vital but it is no longer a vacuum in which you live. There is no "House on the prairie".

Here is an example that was just as true 1000 years ago as it is today:

In fact much of the "independence" once thought to be was a fantasy. Point in case. The Chinese save their shit for fertilizer.....They also feed pigs and penned fish the shit....wild waterfowl are exposed to the festering shit and migrate to Northern Canada....Those waterfowl spread the disease they picked up in China with wild waterfowl that migrate to the lower 48 states....the disease is spread to fresh water sources and humans and domesticated animals come into contact with these diseases. Swine Flu and Bird Flu are among those. They kill people here in this country. A lot of money is spent out of taxes to combat this "invasion". Maybe you get this example ..maybe you do not.

The overall point is that you are 17 and probably do not have enough information in your head and too many raging hormones in your bloodstream to "announce" your political leanings.

Glad you are here. Glad you are anywhere. It's hard to keep out of harms way when you only really know about 1% of what you will know by the time you are thirty.

Give us some time...Give yourself some time..

Get the Fuck off My Lawn! :lol:

You may use the PUBLIC sidewalk! :lol:

Don't forget to tip your bartenders and waitresses!

Unlike most teens I have some basis for my views, and I am quite knowledgeable about the governments, its innerworkings, and social policy. This is mainly because I took AP US Government and Politics in 10th grade (12th normal if an AP student, Freshman college otherwise) and passed, not only that but I scored a 5 on the exam.

But for your example, Health programs can be very useful if used correctly, in that case it seems that it was, but think about the bailouts, the government's restrictions on who we can and cannot be legally married to, the governments multi-billion dollar war on personal freedom (Drugs), the insanely strict laws on firearms that are only getting worse, and best of all the fact that our government (more state than federal) regulates what we are allowed to do with our mouths, anuses, and other genitalia (That was a comical way to comment on sodomy). Do you really feel that our government needs to be in our personal lives that much? If so, hey, enjoy your thoughts, but I have a feeling that someday you will regret letting the government grow to the size that it is currently at:lol:

But +rep for handling the situation in a polite and mature manner, unlike some canine members in this thread

bennet please tell us why you got the history about the recent crash wrong then?

bennet please tell us why you got the history about the recent crash wrong then?

I am ignoring all your posts for two reasons:
1. My time on the internet is limited, and the amount of time to point out every flaw in your logic would take days, maybe weeks.
2. You are harassing the hell out of me, and when people do that the best solution is to ignore them, mainly because this A) Makes them mad, B) Does not give them any satisfaction

-Good day, when this whole arrest thing blows over I will be more than happy to provide an amount of information that will blow your mind.
Until then :eusa_shhh:

welcome.

Deregulation gave us this economic mess

HAHAHAHAHHAAHA... :lol:

Not at all, it was more of the bailouts that your ever-so-beloved president gave to almost every company that he could think of.

lol@demoted and banned.....omg are you a hannity maggot?

but welcome how are things in va...how is webb doing?

It was a gaming forum... so no? haha

I think he is doing alright, he hasn't made any decisions that I fully disagree with yet... Hopefully he will keep it that way :eusa_pray:

You are ignoring my posts because you are dead wrong on the facts and dont have the courage to admitt your mistakes.

Bush did the bank bailouts in his term because the economy was already crashing.

These are very basic historic facts.

Ignore me all you want it will not stop me from correcting your Mistakes or lies.

Forum List

Back