Howdy

Dixie

Jan 10, 2010
Nashville
Howdy on all y'all! I've been around political forums off and on since 9/11. I'm looking for a place I can pop into briefly a time or two a day and engage in discourse and banter with those who will. I bring my southern charm and manners (harrumph!) everywhere I go, but I can stop on a dime and go street on ya in a New York minute if warranted. Ha!

I get called a liberal a lot (makes me nutz)...presumably by folks who haven't read my blog entries or forum posts on gun laws, hate crime legislation, the 17th Amendment, Civil War history...I could go on. I myself claim the label Social Libertarian. My positions are generally grounded in the context of individual rights and responsibilities in all matters. Sometimes those positions line up with prevailing liberal thought, others line up with prevailing conservative thought.

A quick perusal of this forum tells me it's a place worth giving a try. Lookin' forward to posting...

Howdy on all y'all! I've been around political forums off and on since 9/11. I'm looking for a place I can pop into briefly a time or two a day and engage in discourse and banter with those who will. I bring my southern charm and manners (harrumph!) everywhere I go, but I can stop on a dime and go street on ya in a New York minute if warranted. Ha!

I get called a liberal a lot (makes me nutz)...presumably by folks who haven't read my blog entries or forum posts on gun laws, hate crime legislation, the 17th Amendment, Civil War history...I could go on. I myself claim the label Social Libertarian. My positions are generally grounded in the context of individual rights and responsibilities in all matters. Sometimes those positions line up with prevailing liberal thought, others line up with prevailing conservative thought.

A quick perusal of this forum tells me it's a place worth giving a try. Lookin' forward to posting...

Ummmm..... We'll see. When you get labeled from both fringe sides fairly equally....................
Oh and WELCOME!! :D

Dixie as in JPP message board dixie....or are you just someone new that i don't know from the past, with the same user handle as him?

in that case, WELCOME! :)

I'm sold on your style already Dixie....welcome

Course you had me at... Howdy..

Last edited:
:welcome: 2 USMB Dizzie, I mean Dixie, somewhere in here the Lord of the Rings resides. It's your job to find out who that is.

It would be advisable to take some conscious sedation while reading and posting, in moderation of course, you must stand out from, some of the others. :D

Welcome. Remember to salute our leader daily.

mounties-salute-obama.jpg

:welcome: 2 USMB Dizzie, I mean Dixie, somewhere in here the Lord of the Rings resides. It's your job to find out who that is.

It would be advisable to take some conscious sedation while reading and posting, in moderation of course, you must stand out from, some of the others. :D

Not to worry...conscious sedation is a given. :cool:

A perusal of this forum would take months. Revisit the word definition and get back to me.

Welcome to USMB. This is the best of boards.

Hi Dixie and welcome to our merry band of wingnuts, wackos, miscreants, loons, and lizards, not to mention of course those of us who are beautiful, rich, famous, intelligent, and of course modest to the core.

Be sure to check in at the USMB Coffee Shop if you just want some friendly banter and a hug now and then. The link is in my sig line.

Forum List

Back