Howdy yawl.

Jethro bodine

Hillbilly
Nov 30, 2010
Beverly Hills, Californie.
So here I am on another new forum, could this finally be the one? That magical, mythical forum where people actually talk about things instead of silly flame wars? I got sick of the last dozen for that reason. I am a nice guy and find bitter ideological warfare rather distasteful. However, I fight pretty hard within the bounds of rational discussion for what I feel is right. Be seeing you around. BTW I am not nearly as simple as my name implies, I am just a huge fan.

Most of the Southern folks I know spell yawl more like "y'all"... A yawl is a small sailing boat. A "y'all" is at least a pair of southern folk. "All y'all" indicates there are at least three southern folk in the group. I know cause I was raised in the south. BTW, HELLO AND WELCOME.

Hope ya brought your suit from the other site....... :eusa_whistle:

asbestos_suit_trial.jpg

Most of the Southern folks I know spell yawl more like "y'all"... A yawl is a small sailing boat. A "y'all" is at least a pair of southern folk. "All y'all" indicates there are at least three southern folk in the group. I know cause I was raised in the south. BTW, HELLO AND WELCOME.

A sailing vessel with two masts; a small mizzen is aft of the rudderpost. A Yawl can be over a hundred feet long. The Mainsails are usually secured to the booms and masts on hoops or they can be sloop rigged with a mitzen mast sloop rigged. They usually also have jib or genoa sails as the typical sloop.

Oh ya..welcome. This board may not be as "nice" as you would hope. If you have a thin skin and spout willfully ignorant shit you will be punished.

Just sayin...:eusa_whistle:

I always thought the marine version was "yaw".

That is the extent of my marine knowledge, so you can see where we stand on that.

So here I am on another new forum, could this finally be the one? That magical, mythical forum where people actually talk about things instead of silly flame wars? I got sick of the last dozen for that reason. I am a nice guy and find bitter ideological warfare rather distasteful. However, I fight pretty hard within the bounds of rational discussion for what I feel is right. Be seeing you around. BTW I am not nearly as simple as my name implies, I am just a huge fan.

You're a fellow southern person, so I suppose you can spell "yawl" as "ya'll" :)

Welcome, though. Hope you enjoy it here!

Forum List

Back