Howdy from Big Sky Country!

New to the board; looking for lively discussion of politics and other things that shape our collective lives.

:bye1:
Welcome.

Please jump right into some threads which tickle your fancy and get your feet wet.

I'm a Massachusetts girl born and bred - Red Sox Nation, WOOT! - and I miss the ocean wicked bad, but the sky in Montana - well, it's really the WIDE OPEN SPACES that make the sky so amazing. We don't have many trees here, except in the mountains.

I love the green of New England's abundant hardwoods and evergreens, but my most recent visit left me feeling a bit claustrophobic - except when I was right by the shore.

So it seems like some threads here start with a proposition and become pages of vitriolic profanity. Y'all still love each other, right? :smiliehug:

:eusa_think:

I'm a Massachusetts girl born and bred - Red Sox Nation, WOOT! - and I miss the ocean wicked bad, but the sky in Montana - well, it's really the WIDE OPEN SPACES that make the sky so amazing. We don't have many trees here, except in the mountains.

I love the green of New England's abundant hardwoods and evergreens, but my most recent visit left me feeling a bit claustrophobic - except when I was right by the shore.

So it seems like some threads here start with a proposition and become pages of vitriolic profanity. Y'all still love each other, right? :smiliehug:

Define "love".

:D

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

If I woke up tomorrow with no debt, I'd pack my bags and move home to southcoast Massachusetts - because I love New England with my whole heart.

Since I'm 'stuck' in rural Montana for the time being, I try to focus on the positive - sweeping vistas, abundant wildlife, low taxes, low cost of living, friendly people (some serious whackadoodles in the mix, but they are everywhere), and when you spread your arms out there is plenty of room before you bump into your neighbor.

Besides, I'm spreading liberalism in a place that keenly needs some balance. It's like political Peace Corps service here in the homeland. ;)

Oh Good God, you didn't move to Montana and bring your liberal voting habits with you, did you? Please say no.

Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)
Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

If I woke up tomorrow with no debt, I'd pack my bags and move home to southcoast Massachusetts - because I love New England with my whole heart.

Since I'm 'stuck' in rural Montana for the time being, I try to focus on the positive - sweeping vistas, abundant wildlife, low taxes, low cost of living, friendly people (some serious whackadoodles in the mix, but they are everywhere), and when you spread your arms out there is plenty of room before you bump into your neighbor.

Besides, I'm spreading liberalism in a place that keenly needs some balance. It's like political Peace Corps service here in the homeland. ;)

For your benefit and the benefit of all Montanans, let's all hope you get "un-stuck" real soon. Oh ... and ... hi.

Vitriolic profanity is just my way of expressing myself! :thup:

Forum List

Back