Howdy from afar

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Oz of Sahul, Nov 13, 2016.

1. The Great Goose

The Great Goose Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,879
    Nice of you to join us, AFTER the victory. What about a century of mass immigration? Where were you then?

2. Oz of Sahul

Oz of Sahul Rookie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Sorry for not keeping up with the pace of the posts. For the first time, my computer is freezing up and of slow typing. It might be due to my connecting with an international site? If this continues - my stay here (in the USA) will indeed be a short one.

Australia has immigration too - but we have 'traditionally' only brought in the Rich, the Educated, the Skilled, etc ...people who come here because they can't control their irresponsible 'over-populating' of their own countries are STOPPED. You gotta 'earn' a right to live in Australia. We do accept and even 'aquire' REFUGEES though (Rwanda, Kosovo, etc) where we have gone in and brought them to our country. That's the difference between an ILLEGAL immigrant and a Refugee. Over-Population is an irresponsible act of Child Abuse and I'm sorry to say that MEXICO indulges a national pride in regards to that. Trump is addressing the issue but his METHOD of building a wall is way off the mark. Trump should place the responsibility in MExicos hands as it is their problem to address, not the USA's. Internationally, Mexico should be fined for every illegal immigrant it has crossing the border into the USA ...but saying this, the Statue of Liberty say "Give us your Poor" does it not?

3. WillHaftawaite

WillHaftawaite Freshman Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,081
    No wonder Danny DeVito always looks nervous at a barbecue

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,857

I think that was an insult to your indentured servants from England.
    Never mind that he probally does't know England did the same to America when it was a British Colony.

5. The Great Goose

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,879
    Who ARE you and who are you talking about?

6. peach174

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,857

Well then to what century were you refering to?

7. The Great Goose

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,879
    Ok troll, you are going on ignore along with your weakassed Australian meat puppet.

8. I amso IR

I amso IR "Well Yea, Duh"! Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +473
    Hello there Ozzie and welcome to the USMB Jungle Gym. We are a nice bunch of people in spite of what you may have read here in the past. I am of interest what you hear about us from your press, although most anything is probably an improvement over what our press has to say about us, what with the press being overly progressive and all that rot and rubbish! Drop by anytime, for a chat. Again, welcome and make yourself at home. I amso IR

9. sealybobo

sealybobo Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,241
    We would be much richer if we weren't policing the world.

Ok, I'm a liberal and I'll give you my short take. Our government and less than half our citizens think everything should be privatized. Corporations rule our government now. The other more than half of us thinks we are all in this together and government regulations are important. We like pro choice, green technologies, socialized healthcare. But half the people who agree with me don't vote. They don't think it matters.

Do you know why Australia is a better place than America? Because 90% of Australians vote. Half of Americans are bad citizens who don't vote.

The half who think corporations should rule win even though more people are liberal and we too can't believe trump won.

Trump is the change candidate. The American white voters were riled up all year with black news. But the blacks didn't show up. The Mexicans, Arabs women didn't show up for hillary now they cry? Too late.

And trump might do a good job. As a liberal I disagree with him but the American people have spoken.

The people who didn't vote don't matter

10. peach174

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9,857
    So sorry.
    Like we care. :lmao: