Howdy from afar

Hi USA.
Here in Australia (located in the Region of Sahul), we have been getting a lot of your Politics in regards to your election of late and I thought I should join a USA Forum to find out what real US citizens think, rather than rely upon what we get via our Media here. I think it a more valuable insight in regards to any opinions I make in discussions here in Australia. If you like, I can offer an 'outside opinion' of the USA, for constructive reasons? I may occasionally throw in a 'wild card' to really show that there can always be more than one right answer to a problem or question and that things are not really just black or white.
As you may know - Politically, Australia has always been in existence from an International set of reigns (or chain and shackles) and one of the few countries that keeps the UN afloat financially. Yep - we are a filthy rich country with a very low birth rate and population, with a society that exists upon a personal level at a 'middle-class' equilibrium.
Well that's my intro. Pleased to meet you finally USA.
Oz of Sahul.

First question, does Crocodile Dundee still watch I Love Lucy? And WTF is up with your goddamn spiders? Bunch of mobsters.

So our election turned out to be an enigma, inside a turd, shoved into a sheep's intestine, pushed into a yak's rectum, dipped in T-Rex diarrhea, dragged through gonorrhea infected with ebola, puked on by zika, coated with mental retardation.

HI!
Hi IssaacNewton. Crocodile Dundee - Paul Hogan does indeed still watch I Love Lucy. In fact there are many popular 'old' USA shows still re-run here with success. M.A.S.H is the most popular and successful re-run, along with Bewitched, Thunderbirds are still popular with the kids and there is a few more that slip my mind atm. Your Election was somewhat 'groundbreaking' to be honest.

It was a revolution without the war. Exactly what our founders desinged with our Constitution.
They did not want future generations having to do what they did with a big over reaching Government.
Our founders were amazing with putting in a government by the people.
The people chose middle to right, rather than bigger government left.
It was a war for which ideology will be the majority for the supreme Court.

You have just witnessed the power of that document. :)
Yes - Peach. It was quite revolutionary as I saw Trump as bringing a 'new' aspect to USA Politics that hasn't been seen before. It is quite obvious that a lot of Americans can't quite understand or deal with such a big change.
Look at it this way and alas, I can't simplify but by bringing 'race' into it:
For a very long time in USA Politics (possibly right from the start): It has been ruled by x4 types of males - the 'Blue' Brunette male, the 'Grey' Raven-haired male, the Black male and the Yellow male. Now we have a 'Red' Ranga male and maybe there will be a 'White' Blonde male, a Brown male and a Green (Olive) male???
The reason why there is difficulty in accepting 'Red' Ranga Trump is because the MEDIA is based on the first four males and in fact, you can see that in nearly every movie, tv series, etc - any Blonde or Red Haired male is depicted as Gay, Racist, Evil, Nazi, Villan and weak. Only Flash Gordan had a Blonde 'Hero', but the movie itself was entirely Gay. Lord Of The Rings (New Zealand) depicted Blonde Males (Elves) as somewhat 'grander' in all the right ways and with no 'token Black Man'. This Movie had a lot of reluctance to be maid from its USA Companies (Warner Bros), because of this 'cultural-racial' depiction going against all that it has done and the movie was almost never made.
So in essence - the Media feels that it's Empowerment over the USA has been compromised and even threatened by the likes of Trump coming in from the 'other Team'.
The Media was also seen 'Grooming' the USA Public through its movies and marketing by removing female role models from all their Art merchandising and marketing while promoting females in Political power via TV series and movies.
Sorry if I'm a tad harsh here, but that's what it looked like from beyond your borders.
Media V America.
Nice of you to join us, AFTER the victory. What about a century of mass immigration? Where were you then?

Sorry for not keeping up with the pace of the posts. For the first time, my computer is freezing up and of slow typing. It might be due to my connecting with an international site? If this continues - my stay here (in the USA) will indeed be a short one.

Australia has immigration too - but we have 'traditionally' only brought in the Rich, the Educated, the Skilled, etc ...people who come here because they can't control their irresponsible 'over-populating' of their own countries are STOPPED. You gotta 'earn' a right to live in Australia. We do accept and even 'aquire' REFUGEES though (Rwanda, Kosovo, etc) where we have gone in and brought them to our country. That's the difference between an ILLEGAL immigrant and a Refugee. Over-Population is an irresponsible act of Child Abuse and I'm sorry to say that MEXICO indulges a national pride in regards to that. Trump is addressing the issue but his METHOD of building a wall is way off the mark. Trump should place the responsibility in MExicos hands as it is their problem to address, not the USA's. Internationally, Mexico should be fined for every illegal immigrant it has crossing the border into the USA ...but saying this, the Statue of Liberty say "Give us your Poor" does it not?

I thought you guys were supposed to pass out BBQ'd shrimp when you joined. and a cold Fosters.....We are waiting!!!!!
Ha! Good one Vigilante - but Fosters is really an 'American' Beer and Shrimps are what Americans say.
In Australia, hardly anyone drinks Fosters and we BBQ 'Prawns'. No-one says 'Shrimps' here except for calling small people something. Fosters may have originated here in Australia, but it never really kicked off here - it really only gained popularity through the USA.
Sorry to 'mythbust' a few things - but I would rather be 'truthful' to you guys than send you a load of croc. But although there are no Kangaroos hopping across the Sydney Harbour Bridge, I do have some nibbling grass on my front yard occasionally. I hope you don't find me too boring for my not 'playing' the Aussie myths upon your ignorance.

No wonder Danny DeVito always looks nervous at a barbecue

Sorry for not keeping up with the pace of the posts. For the first time, my computer is freezing up and of slow typing. It might be due to my connecting with an international site? If this continues - my stay here (in the USA) will indeed be a short one.

Australia has immigration too - but we have 'traditionally' only brought in the Rich, the Educated, the Skilled, etc ...people who come here because they can't control their irresponsible 'over-populating' of their own countries are STOPPED. You gotta 'earn' a right to live in Australia. We do accept and even 'aquire' REFUGEES though (Rwanda, Kosovo, etc) where we have gone in and brought them to our country. That's the difference between an ILLEGAL immigrant and a Refugee. Over-Population is an irresponsible act of Child Abuse and I'm sorry to say that MEXICO indulges a national pride in regards to that. Trump is addressing the issue but his METHOD of building a wall is way off the mark. Trump should place the responsibility in MExicos hands as it is their problem to address, not the USA's. Internationally, Mexico should be fined for every illegal immigrant it has crossing the border into the USA ...but saying this, the Statue of Liberty say "Give us your Poor" does it not?

I think that was an insult to your indentured servants from England.
Never mind that he probally does't know England did the same to America when it was a British Colony.

Never mind that he probally does't know England did the same to America when it was a British Colony.
Who ARE you and who are you talking about?

Well then to what century were you refering to?

Ok troll, you are going on ignore along with your weakassed Australian meat puppet.

Hello there Ozzie and welcome to the USMB Jungle Gym. We are a nice bunch of people in spite of what you may have read here in the past. I am of interest what you hear about us from your press, although most anything is probably an improvement over what our press has to say about us, what with the press being overly progressive and all that rot and rubbish! Drop by anytime, for a chat. Again, welcome and make yourself at home. I amso IR

Hi USA.
Here in Australia (located in the Region of Sahul), we have been getting a lot of your Politics in regards to your election of late and I thought I should join a USA Forum to find out what real US citizens think, rather than rely upon what we get via our Media here. I think it a more valuable insight in regards to any opinions I make in discussions here in Australia. If you like, I can offer an 'outside opinion' of the USA, for constructive reasons? I may occasionally throw in a 'wild card' to really show that there can always be more than one right answer to a problem or question and that things are not really just black or white.
As you may know - Politically, Australia has always been in existence from an International set of reigns (or chain and shackles) and one of the few countries that keeps the UN afloat financially. Yep - we are a filthy rich country with a very low birth rate and population, with a society that exists upon a personal level at a 'middle-class' equilibrium.
Well that's my intro. Pleased to meet you finally USA.
Oz of Sahul.
We would be much richer if we weren't policing the world.

Ok, I'm a liberal and I'll give you my short take. Our government and less than half our citizens think everything should be privatized. Corporations rule our government now. The other more than half of us thinks we are all in this together and government regulations are important. We like pro choice, green technologies, socialized healthcare. But half the people who agree with me don't vote. They don't think it matters.

Do you know why Australia is a better place than America? Because 90% of Australians vote. Half of Americans are bad citizens who don't vote.

The half who think corporations should rule win even though more people are liberal and we too can't believe trump won.

Trump is the change candidate. The American white voters were riled up all year with black news. But the blacks didn't show up. The Mexicans, Arabs women didn't show up for hillary now they cry? Too late.

And trump might do a good job. As a liberal I disagree with him but the American people have spoken.

The people who didn't vote don't matter

Ok troll, you are going on ignore along with your weakassed Australian meat puppet.

So sorry.
Like we care. :lmao:

So how is the Tazmain Devil face tumors doing?
I haven't heard any news for while about it.
Is it wiping them out?
The latest I heard was 90% are gone.

Last edited:
Hello there Ozzie and welcome to the USMB Jungle Gym. We are a nice bunch of people in spite of what you may have read here in the past. I am of interest what you hear about us from your press, although most anything is probably an improvement over what our press has to say about us, what with the press being overly progressive and all that rot and rubbish! Drop by anytime, for a chat. Again, welcome and make yourself at home. I amso IR
Another strange weirdo who blew in.

Forum List

Back