Howard Stern going after Bush

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by brneyedgrl80, Jun 14, 2004.

1. brneyedgrl80

brneyedgrl80 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
  2. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    Yea hes been doing ever since that batch of fines from the FCC. Nevermind the fact that Howard is a has been DJ milking anymore money he can for a few more years.

Opie and Anthony have said this LONG before the FCC came down hard after the Super Bowl. O&A were kicked off the air for an alleged Sex Scandal in a church in NYC over 3 years ago. Before they were kicked off they knew what was coming. they warned everyone that was laughing at them (Howard included who at the time said they went over the line :rolleyes: ) that they were next on the chopping block. Low and behold FCC starts fining away.

Howard thinks this is a vendetta against him personally because he decided to back Kerry instead of Bush. So now Bush is getting back at Howard. His an egotistical moron. Bush has much more to lose by alienating a guy like Stern because of the audience he pulls in. This is simply an FCC that has been out of control for awhile and has finally gotten to Stern again. This has nothing to do with Bush. But stern thinks the world revolves around him.

3. Gop guy

Gop guy Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yup, if those who listen to him are actually stupid enough to vote for Kerry just because he tells them too, well, that is the kind of ignorance that puts people like Billiary in the White House.

4. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    He's just got his panties in a bunch becasue his foul mouth and lack of moral character finally got the best of him.

With rights come responsibilities for cryin' out loud.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I got no problem with him saying what he wants. If people don't listen then he gets fired. I simply don't listen anymore. Mainly because he stopped being funny a long time ago.

People are allowed to have choices. I don't like the FCC telling me what i can and cant watch.

6. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Agreed - however, he needs to accept reponsibility for his own crap. FCC said clean up your act or we fine you (FCC grants the license). He didn't. His employer took the hit. It was up to the employer to control the employee and they didn't. They get fined - Stern gets fired.

7. Captain_Steel

Captain_Steel Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Howard Stern going against bush is a joke. I mean what, us Bush supporters are supposed to be swayed by this HIS political opinion? He's never been political!!
    Actually, he is pretty funny, but that's all he is to me....I would never take political advise from the likes of him. Actually, it's funny because my favorite radio show host Micheal Savage has been going against Stern and calling him Coward Sterno on the air!!

8. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
  9. mattskramer

mattskramer Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +359
    Howard Stern is taking responsibility for his own crap - via the relatively free market place. At the very least, the FCC should stop its patronizing and baby-sitting behavior - dictating what things people may or may not say over television and radio. I'd like to see the FCC abolished. It is just another example of how the US is progressing (or regressing) into more of a "nanny-state".

10. nycflasher

nycflasher Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Not that washed up.
    I was just happy to see his website, that's all.