Howard Dean's response to W's speach

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY FOXFAN CENTRAL
Democrats' Radio Response
Saturday, December 17, 2005
The following is a transcript of the Democrats radio response to President Bush's weekly radio address:

Good Morning, I'm Governor Howard Dean.

The Holiday season is here. In this season that celebrates joy and love, people around the world take time to think about our values, reflect on the choices that we make in our private and our public lives, and to recommit ourselves to pursuing a course that promotes the greater good for all mankind. It's also a time to be grateful for our many blessings. We are a richly diverse and giving nation whose people in the face of great tragedies in our country took time off of work, gave generously, and came together to help their fellow Americans.

We are deeply grateful to our men and women in uniform, their families and our veterans for the sacrifices that they make on our behalf. In our family we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,179030,00.html

how wishy washy and hypocritical is this?

manu1959 said:
The following is a transcript of the Democrats radio response to President Bush's weekly radio address:

The Holiday season is here. In this season that celebrates joy and love, people around the world take time to think about our values, reflect on the choices that we make in our private and our public lives, and to recommit ourselves to pursuing a course that promotes the greater good for all mankind. It's also a time to be grateful for our many blessings. We are a richly diverse and giving nation whose people in the face of great tragedies in our country took time off of work, gave generously, and came together to help their fellow Americans.

We are deeply grateful to our men and women in uniform, their families and our veterans for the sacrifices that they make on our behalf. In our family we celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah.

But they can't win ....... :wtf:

I only read half the speech. Then I started to get that greasy, dirty feeling. Scandals? Yeah, but not by Bush! Energy/Oil independence? As long as we don't drill anywhere else on our own soil! (we might cause the North American Tufted Chickadee to have to relocate to a bush five miles away!)

Blech... I need to shower.

mom4 said:
I only read half the speech. Then I started to get that greasy, dirty feeling. Scandals? Yeah, but not by Bush! Energy/Oil independence? As long as we don't drill anywhere else on our own soil! (we might cause the North American Tufted Chickadee to have to relocate to a bush five miles away!)

Blech... I need to shower.

SO, which party has its Congressional leadership under indictment or investigation ? Which party has a top White House staffer under indictment? Which party had a government procurement officer led away in handcuffs after being arrested on corruption charges? Which party had a congressional representative convicted of bribery? Could it be....Hmmm...Republicans? (Imagine Dana Carvey as the Church Lady.)

Bullypulpit said:
SO, which party has its Congressional leadership under indictment or investigation ? Which party has a top White House staffer under indictment? Which party had a government procurement officer led away in handcuffs after being arrested on corruption charges? Which party had a congressional representative convicted of bribery? Could it be....Hmmm...Republicans? (Imagine Dana Carvey as the Church Lady.)

Being accused is not equivalent with being guilty.

Bullypulpit said:

SEARCHING....
SEARCHING...
SEARCHING...

Still cant find "convicted" anywhere in there. You got more to add? :)

(Last I checked, were in America, innocent untill proven guilty, yea, I know you guys like applying double standards, yea, I know you guys really want us to be a puppet of Europe, yea, I know you guys are desperate, hey, check my sig! ) :) Have a nice day!

Bullypulpit said:

Hell, y'all ain't even good. If I conducted as many witchhunts as y'all and contrived as much evidence, I'd at least come up with stuff that would stick.

Which party's MSM drops a story after building on it for a couple of years when the truth comes out and it turns out the allegations were a bunch of contrived BS? That would be the Dim-o-crap party.

manu1959 said:
no really....how can you celebrate one religion that does not recognize the others messiah and then celebrate that one as well

Actually, its not that hard. Some practicing Jews have married Christians. But the question for me is WHY would they celebrate both?

LuvRPgrl said:
Actually, its not that hard. Some practicing Jews have married Christians. But the question for me is WHY would they celebrate both?

Thinking about it, I would think that it would create a kind of spiritual schizophrenia. I mean you aren't really affirming one belief or the other. Makes you wonder if there really is any belief in God to begin with. It is a nice gesture though.

manu1959 said:

Boy, during the christmas season I'd like to be less critical, so all I'll say is howie deans nose must be a mile long by now.. :laugh:

manu1959 said:
no really....how can you celebrate one religion that does not recognize the others messiah and then celebrate that one as well
Respect for your spouse and their family? My children were brought up Catholic. I taught them that their grandparents had different beliefs, but that there wasn't anything they were 'celebrating' that wasn't part of what Christianity was based on. So while we wouldn't have a menorah in our home, they were thrilled to go to their grandparents and play with driedles, light the candles, and get the presents.

No biggie.

Forum List

Back