Howard Dean rejects Obamacare

Howard Dean rejects Obamacare

Anybody with the slightest bit of intelligence would reject Obamacare. I guess that includes liberal Democrats too. Even liberal Democrats can smell a rotten fish like this if they just open up their cocanine sniffing noses and take a whiff.

No public plan. That's pretty much why most of the democratic voters won't support it.

You got that right. Dean and his left wiing loon friends want the pulic option all the way. Thats why they are trashing this peice of shit. Thank God.

I am sorely disappointed in my fellow progressives' attitude about the health care bill(s).

I agree with them that neither bill contains everything we wanted.

I disagree with them that the bill should be killed just because it won't.

I would think that when the left finds itself saying the same thing the right is saying, they'd stop a second and rethink their position!

Count me out of the "loony left." I'm a logical lefty.

I am sorely disappointed in my fellow progressives' attitude about the health care bill(s).

I agree with them that neither bill contains everything we wanted.

I disagree with them that the bill should be killed just because it won't.

I would think that when the left finds itself saying the same thing the right is saying, they'd stop a second and rethink their position!

Count me out of the "loony left." I'm a logical lefty.

I am sorely disappointed in my fellow progressives' attitude about the health care bills(s).

If you look up progressive in the Webster's New World Dictionary is states that a progressive is a lower life form unable to think and reason by itself and is normally found in the company of homosexuals, liberal Democrats, and other associated goldbrickers and dumbasses.

LOL! Hardly!

I'm living proof that progressives are wonderful, lovely people who only have your very best interests at heart. :eusa_angel:

LOL! Hardly!

I'm living proof that progressives are wonderful, lovely people who only have your very best interests at heart. :eusa_angel:

at everyone elses expense of course.

The only way to lower overall cost is for everyone to be insured. That's how all the other industrialized nations manage to keep their cost much lower than ours, while ensuring that everyone in the nation has access to appropriate, affordable health care.

It is in our national interests that our citizenry is healthy and productive.

Families and individuals should have the option of keeping the coverage they have or choosing from a wide array of health insurance plans, including many private health insurance options and a public plan. Coverage should be made affordable for all Americans with subsidies provided through tax credits and other means. DNC 2008

NY Times, May 2007: "Obama would create a public plan for individuals who cannot obtain group coverage." The New York Times reported on May 30, 2007, that in a major health care speech, "Mr. Obama would create a public plan for individuals who cannot obtain group coverage through their employers or the existing government programs, like Medicaid or the State Children's Health Insurance Program. Children would be required to have health insurance. Subsidies would be available for those who need help with the cost of coverage."
What We've Lost on Healthcare Reform | Mike Stagg's Blog

I don't know why anyone is surprised that the mess that has come out of the Senate reflects exactly what the President was talking about when he was a member of the Senate regardless of how the DNC was selling it to it's base. Where the problems come in, is that many were under the impression is that the very reason they were actually taking money from Medicare was to create a NEW public option rather than the least desireable one Medicaid but that is exactly what this healthcare bill will result in. In an effort to secure a political win at all costs the Senate was willing to even sell out the progressives in it's own party to get one. What find as interesting, is that for the most part Americans according to almost all polling say a couple of things, first they dislike this bill, and second they would like to see some sort of healthcare reform. So knowing that rather than serve the needs and desires of Americans and work together to find a solution, congress has shown exactly who they intend to listen too and thats not the people they represent. Perhaps, once those in congress begin to see the legal firestorm that this bill will set off, and once they are no longer in power, they will begin to understand that selling a vote for a short term political win. was not in the best interest of the United States long term future.

I am not for this plan BECAUSE of the mandatory requirement and because there is no Public Option to compete with the insurance companies which makes this nothing but a cash cow GIFT HORSE for the insurance companies.

I am not for this plan BECAUSE of the mandatory requirement and because there is no Public Option to compete with the insurance companies which makes this nothing but a cash cow GIFT HORSE for the insurance companies.

Same here and it's the same with Howard Dean (Who now BTW has changed his view :() but of course Conservative's twist it to make it look like Dean was against it for their Reasons. :cuckoo:

Same here and it's the same with Howard Dean (Who now BTW has changed his view :() but of course Conservative's twist it to make it look like Dean was against it for their Reasons. :cuckoo:

He's for it now? I hadn't heard that. So it's another 'he was against it before he was for it' deals. Wonder how much $$$ he sucked out of them.

I don't see that the conservatives were painting HeeHawHoward as being against it for the same reasons; just the opposite. Here's a far left, here's far right, and here's middle of the road . . . all opposed. Hmmm, maybe Barry is a bit of a uniter after all.

He's for it now? I hadn't heard that. So it's another 'he was against it before he was for it' deals. Wonder how much $$$ he sucked out of them.

I don't see that the conservatives were painting HeeHawHoward as being against it for the same reasons; just the opposite. Here's a far left, here's far right, and here's middle of the road . . . all opposed. Hmmm, maybe Barry is a bit of a uniter after all.

I thought I had seen an article stating he had changed his mind but I must have been mistaken.

Either way, I am against this bill becouse the Majority of AMERICANS are against it..That along with the fact it's a huge givaway to the Insurance companies. If there was some kind of an option (Public Option or Medicare Buy In) the majority supports it (56%) and so do I. But becouse of idiotic Senetors who are sell-outs to big insurance companies we will most likely never get real reform.

The insurance exchange will offer insurance policies provided by non-profits.

And the only way to keep overall cost down is for everyone to be covered. That is how all the other industrialized nations manage to keep their health care costs lower than ours.

I thought I had seen an article stating he had changed his mind but I must have been mistaken.

Either way, I am against this bill becouse the Majority of AMERICANS are against it..That along with the fact it's a huge givaway to the Insurance companies. If there was some kind of an option (Public Option or Medicare Buy In) the majority supports it (56%) and so do I. But becouse of idiotic Senetors who are sell-outs to big insurance companies we will most likely never get real reform.

I can't seem to find any further comments by Dean since he came out with his 'kill the bill' speech.

The bottom line on 'kill the bill' -- and this is where some of my fellow "lefties" and I part company -- is that, despite that the bill doesn't include the left's vaunted public option plan, it does include a number of measures that will vastly improve the insurance situation for tens of millions of Americans.

It is vital to millions of Americans that insurers stop denying coverage for purported pre-existing conditions. The bills prohibit that practice.

It is also important to many Americans that they have help affording insurance. The subsidies and/or tax credits will assist lower-income families to have the coverage they don't currently have.

The bills also include funds for public health, industry regulations, cost containment procedures, and a number of other provisions that would be lost were the bill killed.

And killing the bill does not in any way guarantee that all that would be lost could be regained in the quest to enact a public option plan.

I am wholly in agreement with the president's call for us not to make the perfect, the enemy of the necessary. I am unwilling to throw the baby out with the bath water.

And Dean is irresponsible to suggest that we do.

Forum List

Back