Howard Dean joins Palin's team

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
(This could be the bookend to ..Palin, have a tort Obama ...post) :beer:

Howard Dean: Democrats Left Tort Reform Out of Health Care Bill Because They Feared 'Taking On' Trial Lawyers
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
By Nicholas Ballasy, Video Reporter & Edwin Mora

(CNSNews.com) - Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, a medical doctor who served as governor of Vermont, said at a town hall meeting on Tuesday night that Democrats in Congress did not include tort reform in the health care bill because they were fearful of “taking on” the trial lawyers.

“This is the answer from a doctor and a politician,” said Dean. “Here is why tort reform is not in the bill. When you go to pass a really enormous bill like that the more stuff you put in, the more enemies you make, right? And the reason why tort reform is not in the bill is because the people who wrote it did not want to take on the trial lawyers in addition to everybody else they were taking on, and that is the plain and simple truth. Now, that’s the truth.” :disbelief: (Lumpy)

Last edited:
Why didn't the republicans pass tort reform during the 8 years they were in power?

Are they afraid of the lawyers too?

Why didn't the republicans pass tort reform during the 8 years they were in power?

A large number of Politicians are Lawyers. Neither party is really interested in doing whats best, just whats easy. Kinda like how both parties don't give a rats ass about illegal aliens. Both think they get something out of it.

I recommend you do some research, google... Bush/ tort reform ...to start!

No kidding! The strongest attempt in the modern political era was Reagan - and the Democrat Congress said NO WAY.

Bush attempted it half-heartedly, but was consumed by the Iraq War and the Republicans running Congress up to 2006 were too busy spending money like drunken Democrats...

Bush Pushes For Tort Reform - CBS News

That being said, any real debate regarding how to curb the costs of health care must include tort reform. The Democrats are not including it - no mention of it in fact, and so, whatever they are doing with this debate regarding health care has less to do with real reform and more to do with government expansion...

Do your own Googling. If the republicans were so interested, why wasn't it a priority during their reign?

:oops: sheezz..., you seemed so passionate I'd thought I'd help you out!

My guess, if you don't have a filibuster proof majority, you know that the Democratic Party leaders are bought and paid for by the trail lawyers lobby, all you can do is gripe, make recommendations and hope the American people get involved to make a change.

Do your own Googling. If the republicans were so interested, why wasn't it a priority during their reign?

Why?

Let's see...

Jan. 5, 2005
President Bush launched his second-term campaign for limits on damage awards Wednesday by declaring that doctors should be fighting illnesses, not lawsuits.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., called the president's plan "nothing but a shameful shield for drug companies and HMOs who hurt people through negligence." He urged the president to offer a plan that puts patients first.

Bush Pushes For Tort Reform - CBS

Howard Dean will be joining Joe Biden down in the basement holding cell after that gaffe

Last edited:

Howard Dean: Democrats Left Tort Reform Out of Health Care Bill Because They Feared 'Taking On' Trial Lawyers

(CNSNews.com) - Former Democratic National Committee Chairman Howard Dean, a medical doctor who served as governor of Vermont, said at a town hall meeting on Tuesday night that Democrats in Congress did not include tort reform in the health care bill because they were fearful of “taking on” the trial lawyers.

“This is the answer from a doctor and a politician,” said Dean. “Here is why tort reform is not in the bill. When you go to pass a really enormous bill like that the more stuff you put in, the more enemies you make, right? And the reason why tort reform is not in the bill is because the people who wrote it did not want to take on the trial lawyers in addition to everybody else they were taking on, and that is the plain and simple truth. Now, that’s the truth.” :disbelief: (Lumpy)

I think they should be much more fearful of the American public than a few lawyers--:lol:

Tort reform is a must to reduce medical insurance premiums. The problem: The lawyers group in this country is a huge donor to the DNC--that is a known fact. I imagine our incompetent Democrat leaders are a little more worried about that than anything else.

deans translation notes : the dems are more comfortable making enemies out of the American people because lawyers are scarey...

Last edited:

Why didn't Clinton pass Tort Reform when he was President? Was he too busy planting his cigars in Monica?

Why Didn't bush Sr. pass tort reform when he was president???

Why didn't reagan pass tort reform when he was president??

or carter??
Or ford??
or nixon??

Tort reform of any kind is unconstitutional.....the US constitution gives citizens the right to a civil trial!!!!!

I'm surprised Dean admitted it.

Until that is addressed no 'reform' will be worth the paper its printed on.

This thing passes, even if it's proven that 100% of Americans are against it. (I know they're not -- hypothetical alert!) Because one-party absolute rule can do that.

Dean was honest, so was Reid today when he said they were going to pass it even if they had to go it alone and evoke simple majority. The fix is in folks. They are going to pass this no matter what anyone says.

This thing passes, even if it's proven that 100% of Americans are against it. (I know they're not -- hypothetical alert!) Because one-party absolute rule can do that.

Dean was honest, so was Reid today when he said they were going to pass it even if they had to go it alone and evoke simple majority. The fix is in folks. They are going to pass this no matter what anyone says.

I see 3 scenarios; 1. your right 2. It's a feeble threat 3. Your right with a twist, Chicago politics is in play, Obama and the Democratic Party have sucked and misdirected the American people out of enough money that they can pay for the votes in the subsequent elections and could care less about the popularity of the issue!

Forum List

Back